Sign in to follow this  
Bato

Another NEW GUY Noob!!!

Bato

First off let me start by saying hello to everyone, members and dealers alike. I am actually extremely new to the watch scene, and I have to admit (in shame that I only own 1 watch as we speak). And yes *drum roll* it is an INVICTA. [You may all smite me now]. About a few months ago, I noticed a co-worker wearing a nice watch and unsure about what to think of it, I realized I was missing something.

About two weeks ago I came into discussion with my brother about nice and of course luxury watches and he mentioned he knew someone who can get ROLEX reps. for $50.00. Now I don't know about you guys, but I work to hard for my money and I didn't want to just relieve myself of $50.00 so I started doing some research. I purchased my first Rep about a week ago, prior to finding this site and I hope (crosses fingers) that my watch is going to be sub-par and I really wished I should have waited after finding this site. Wish me luck !!!

Since then I have been looking and reading and comparing the dealers listed as trusted and I can honestly say I want to just purchase watches you guys recommend and from the dealers I have seen here. I didn't realize the choices are as vast as they come and that there is such as sub group out here with so much knowledge.

Now- I have a few questions to everyone who wants to throw in their two cents. I am looking at these following watches and trying to find the best rep out there. Even contacted some of the dealers on here (with some I mean two) with no luck at this point.

I would like an opinion on what you guys think about my watch choice, alternate choices to consider and why? What watch you guys rate etc. I will review all opinions and hold them as welcomed and by all means feel free to bash etc. In the end I just want a few pieces to be proud off and I wouldn't even mind owning a $500 BK Rolex replica if my heart desires but before I invest and involve myself to such a level I need to know why? How come and rational of things?

So first things first! Here is my list of watches I would like to get in the near future:

#1) Louis Vuitton Tambour Mysterieuse

I don't know what you guys think or believe, but I have never seen anything as stunning and mind boggling as this design. Plain black and it looks amazing /sigh. I have been trying for about the last week to find a reputable rep for this :lol:.

#2) DeBethune DB22

As I was trolling various watch designers this one stood out like a magnet. My only concern is its size. Then again I have never seen this in person, I understand its quite large. But stunning as well.

#3) ICW Ingenieur Automatic Vintage Collection

Simple, beautiful and elegant. Just wow.

#4) Hermes Hernais Black Ladies collection 29/mm

Now the odd thing is, my wife has been watching me looking and trolling and she found this one and was wondering if I could find this rep'd as well :). Well who knew that my fascination would spill over to her.

I know I know, you all might say is about individual taste. But I have read a few responses that its about feel and whats looks right and wrong etc. So I take all criticisms and thoughts kindly. I want to be able to represent my likes, my thoughts learn a little about watches and its history and more over be introduced to other designers, workmanship all in a cost efficient way.

My goal in the end is to build a collection over time, one that is stunning, one that will persevere and one and we all hope "will get the ordinary lay man to second guess or even take a second look."

-FINALLY-

Of course I like Rolex's as well but just cannot make up my mind. The one I ordered which should be arriving in the next few days is a Black Ceramic Sub. Wish me luck. A few questions to close? When I get my rep, and the strap needs to be adjusted is it ok to go to any pop and mom shop to get the band adjusted to fit properly or should I be careful since its a rep?

Also my very first confusing thing I ran into in the last 24hrs reading through this forum is the word clone. I am a bit confused. If the idea of a rep to be as close to the original as possible, why use the word clone 1:1. I mean should all dealers be offering a 1:1 clone since rep= replica = clone. I am confused. When reviewing the collectors section I noticed that BK is given the label "best Rolex reps" right fully so. However, are there other dealers out here who are trusted RWG's dealers who are known for their high end ICW or CARTIER etc replicas? In other words, can anyone lean me into a direction of "If you want a Pam go to PM <insert name here> he is the best in Pam reps." Etc. That would help as well. Much credit to everyone out there with a nice collection and please keep posting pics of the actual replica you have received. I love to see the quality of the merchandise and it makes for overall saver shopping.

- THANKS

Ernie

Fiddo

Hello! :wave:

Welcome!

I'll try to answer some of your questions-

1. I really don't know much about the watches you posted. So, my comments would probably not help you. Hopefully, someone will be along who does know about them.

2. Adjusting your Rolex bracelet--- Get yourself some small jewelers screwdrivers and you can easily remove links yourself. It's not hard. :)

3. 1:1 is marketing hype. If a rep was 1:1, it would be a gen. Some are pretty close. Some have flaws that most people outside these boards would never notice. There are dealers/modders who specialize in certain watches. BKLM1234 does Rolex. Seadd1999 (aka Supemirrors over at RWI) does PAMs etc.. There are others as well. These guys spend the extra time to reduce some of the flaws the we seem to obsess over.

Bato
3. 1:1 is marketing hype. If a rep was 1:1, it would be a gen. Some are pretty close. Some have flaws that most people outside these boards would never notice. There are dealers/modders who specialize in certain watches. BKLM1234 does Rolex. Seadd1999 (aka Supemirrors over at RWI) does PAMs etc.. There are others as well. These guys spend the extra time to reduce some of the flaws the we seem to obsess over.

That is awesome perfect answers I am looking for. Now that I have narrowed 2x dealers out there for selected watches, I would like to see if we can increase that list for specific designer/manufacturer.

Is there a guide out there, that shows what to look for in a low quality rep vs high quality rep. Like the things you mentioned about 'flaws' only dealers/modders know about? That way I can tell from looking at the pictures etc.

For example reading BK's thread on his Sub black, he was talking about Rehaut marking many cheap rep's don't do. Things like that. I think someone with time and knowledge should compile a guide for this if one isn't out there, including pictures. I was reading about a great deal about a Sub from a dealer in here, and a member mentioned something about a non-centered 10 position and I was lost again. I don't mind reading so if there are multi links out there just post the thread I can read them myself but a compiled version would be a great sticky.

Finally regarding modders- I noticed some threads about modders being on here that can take a sub-par rep and make it almost "FLAWLESS" rep my getting authentic parts etc. Are there links for these modders and how much do you charge etc. Thanks again for the answers and keep them coming.

P4GTR
First off let me start by saying hello to everyone, members and dealers alike. I am actually extremely new to the watch scene, and I have to admit (in shame that I only own 1 watch as we speak). And yes *drum roll* it is an INVICTA. [You may all smite me now]. About a few months ago, I noticed a co-worker wearing a nice watch and unsure about what to think of it, I realized I was missing something.

About two weeks ago I came into discussion with my brother about nice and of course luxury watches and he mentioned he knew someone who can get ROLEX reps. for $50.00. Now I don't know about you guys, but I work to hard for my money and I didn't want to just relieve myself of $50.00 so I started doing some research. I purchased my first Rep about a week ago, prior to finding this site and I hope (crosses fingers) that my watch is going to be sub-par and I really wished I should have waited after finding this site. Wish me luck !!!

Since then I have been looking and reading and comparing the dealers listed as trusted and I can honestly say I want to just purchase watches you guys recommend and from the dealers I have seen here. I didn't realize the choices are as vast as they come and that there is such as sub group out here with so much knowledge.

Now- I have a few questions to everyone who wants to throw in their two cents. I am looking at these following watches and trying to find the best rep out there. Even contacted some of the dealers on here (with some I mean two) with no luck at this point.

I would like an opinion on what you guys think about my watch choice, alternate choices to consider and why? What watch you guys rate etc. I will review all opinions and hold them as welcomed and by all means feel free to bash etc. In the end I just want a few pieces to be proud off and I wouldn't even mind owning a $500 BK Rolex replica if my heart desires but before I invest and involve myself to such a level I need to know why? How come and rational of things?

So first things first! Here is my list of watches I would like to get in the near future:

#1) Louis Vuitton Tambour Mysterieuse

I don't know what you guys think or believe, but I have never seen anything as stunning and mind boggling as this design. Plain black and it looks amazing /sigh. I have been trying for about the last week to find a reputable rep for this :).

#2) DeBethune DB22

As I was trolling various watch designers this one stood out like a magnet. My only concern is its size. Then again I have never seen this in person, I understand its quite large. But stunning as well.

#3) ICW Ingenieur Automatic Vintage Collection

Simple, beautiful and elegant. Just wow.

#4) Hermes Hernais Black Ladies collection 29/mm

Now the odd thing is, my wife has been watching me looking and trolling and she found this one and was wondering if I could find this rep'd as well :). Well who knew that my fascination would spill over to her.

I know I know, you all might say is about individual taste. But I have read a few responses that its about feel and whats looks right and wrong etc. So I take all criticisms and thoughts kindly. I want to be able to represent my likes, my thoughts learn a little about watches and its history and more over be introduced to other designers, workmanship all in a cost efficient way.

My goal in the end is to build a collection over time, one that is stunning, one that will persevere and one and we all hope "will get the ordinary lay man to second guess or even take a second look."

-FINALLY-

Of course I like Rolex's as well but just cannot make up my mind. The one I ordered which should be arriving in the next few days is a Black Ceramic Sub. Wish me luck. A few questions to close? When I get my rep, and the strap needs to be adjusted is it ok to go to any pop and mom shop to get the band adjusted to fit properly or should I be careful since its a rep?

Also my very first confusing thing I ran into in the last 24hrs reading through this forum is the word clone. I am a bit confused. If the idea of a rep to be as close to the original as possible, why use the word clone 1:1. I mean should all dealers be offering a 1:1 clone since rep= replica = clone. I am confused. When reviewing the collectors section I noticed that BK is given the label "best Rolex reps" right fully so. However, are there other dealers out here who are trusted RWG's dealers who are known for their high end ICW or CARTIER etc replicas? In other words, can anyone lean me into a direction of "If you want a Pam go to PM <insert name here> he is the best in Pam reps." Etc. That would help as well. Much credit to everyone out there with a nice collection and please keep posting pics of the actual replica you have received. I love to see the quality of the merchandise and it makes for overall saver shopping.

- THANKS

Ernie

heh ok.. wow. First, step away from the :wave:

2nd- welcome.

As for your wall of text (kidding of course, but it is quite a post) Let me see what I can do.

I'm not going to search out all those particular reps for you. Its going to take a little leg work on your part. Honestly, they seem to be less mainstream, which means if they are repped, the quality might be sub-par. Look on the dealers sites, and when you find something you like, search for some answers on the forums, if you haven’t found anything post and ask a question about the particular watch.

Read. It’s going to take about a month of just being around the forum before things start to become clearer, but it will happen.

Watch out, the wife may not be as interested in (what is sure to become) your new obsession. She will however, be interested in the leak it is causing to the ‘ol bank account.

Clone is a word used to describe a movement type. There are many movements that run the watches. The clone refers to a clone ETA, as apposed to “swiss†ETA. For now, many choose to stick with clone ETA if at all possible. For all intents and purposes it is exactly the same as the “swiss†ETA, without the price tag.

There are modders, strap makers, and such. There are not a slew of dealers that specialize in a specific brand. BK (for Rolex) and DSN( for PAM) are the two you will hear of the most, other than those guys, the trusted dealers all source from the same supply in China.

Edited by P4GTR

P4GTR
Is there a guide out there, that shows what to look for in a low quality rep vs high quality rep. Like the things you mentioned about 'flaws' only dealers/modders know about? That way I can tell from looking at the pictures etc.

For example reading BK's thread on his Sub black, he was talking about Rehaut marking many cheap rep's don't do. Things like that. I think someone with time and knowledge should compile a guide for this if one isn't out there, including pictures. I was reading about a great deal about a Sub from a dealer in here, and a member mentioned something about a non-centered 10 position and I was lost again. I don't mind reading so if there are multi links out there just post the thread I can read them myself but a compiled version would be a great sticky.

Finally regarding modders- I noticed some threads about modders being on here that can take a sub-par rep and make it almost "FLAWLESS" rep my getting authentic parts etc. Are there links for these modders and how much do you charge etc. Thanks again for the answers and keep them coming.

There are guides, most are reviews of specific watches, compared in detail against the gen. The modders are usually listed as a sub-forum, in which the proper way to contact them is posted.

Bato

There are guides, most are reviews of specific watches, compared in detail against the gen. The modders are usually listed as a sub-forum, in which the proper way to contact them is posted.

Thanks I will look and do my research however it will be harder if there are good old posts that are just burried, so if I can get a link or they are stickies then it would be much easier. Thanks for the advice also signed up for RWI as we speak, apparently its a sister site. Yes.

Bato

Ok, spend more time doing more research and sure enough one of the things I am looking for has been here all along.

However I need help:

On this particular link:

Best rep reviews database

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...p?showtopic=601

How come I cannot see the pictures?

THANKS FOR P4GTR helping me out. FOR ANY NOOBS OUT THERE SIGN UP WITH THE THREE OTHER REP FORUMS OUT THERE AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO VIEW all the pictures.

Second:

"What is the best rep?" and I thought it would be good to have just a quick list of the reps that are the most accurate out there. I don't think the question will ever go away so shouldn't we just have an easy reference list??

I appreciate that it may mean that people can just turn up, find this thread, find what they want and then not participate in the board much, but then aren't we here for the greater good - to stop people being scammed, even if they don't want to partake in forum life to any great extent?

It would also mean that dealers/factories can get more trade off the better reps and (hopefully) be persuaded that the extra time and energy expended on making a rep a Super Rep is worthwhile and should be repeated in the future, leading to better reps for all of us smile.gif (Well, that's the theory...)

So, please feel free to copy and paste the list below into your post and add yours at an appropriate alphabetical point (or amend mistakes), with a link to a seller or review if you're so inclined. I hope to update my suggestions with links later but I need to do some work today... lol

So, I would begin the list of Super Reps that are available as follows...

Bell & Ross BR02 - $250-300

Breitling SuperOcean Heritage (SOH) v2 non-chrono (ETA version) - $250-300 (production said to be stopping)

Breitling SuperOcean Steel Fish (SOSF) - $150 -200

Breitling Avenger Skyland chrono

Cartier Santos 100 - $1600+

Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL Chrono 2007 (grey dial)

Concord C1

Dewitt Academia Chrono

Ebel 1911 Discovery chrono - $300-350

Graham Chronofighter

IWC Aquatimer Costeau diver

IWC 3714 (concepta-supplied franken with gen movement version) - $800-1500

IWC 3717 (v1 or v3)

Omega Speedmaster Date - $275-$325

Panerai 104 Ultimate - $400

Panerai 111h (from Little Hero) - $1100+

Panerai Ferrari Chrono (FER 008, is it?)

Rolex DateJust II (ETA versions) - $200+

Rolex Daytona (vintage seconds-at-9 versions from Yuki or David Wong (DW) or Speedmaster)

Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (DSSD) (ETA version with correct-10 bezel)

Rolex Milgauss (ETA version from the Milgauss Factory) - $160+

Rolex Sea Dweller (SD) current v2 (WM9/BK version expected Summer 2010)

Rolex Submariner v3 from WM9/BK - $600+

Rolex Submariner LV v3 from WM9/BK- $600+

Rolex Yachtmaster from WM9/BK - $725

Sinn U1 (ETA version) - $250-300

Sinn U2 (ETA version + canister-thing mod) - $250-300

Sinn UX (I think? ETA version) - $250-300

Sinn U1000 (ETA version) - $250-300

Tag Heuer Aquaracer Chrono

Tag Heuer Link

That list is awesome however, aside from BK whose name is almost synonyms when it comes to Rolex reps the dealers for the other watches aren't mentioned. Where can some of the other watches be found from which dealer in this community?

I am definitely interested in this:

At this price? From which dealer. Some of the reading suggested that ETA's have gone up in price and even this thread members were requesting an update on the prices etc. Please assist.

Edited by Bato

Luthier

You ordered $50 Rolex, don't expect ceramic bezel, period. I hope you'll get your watch, but don't hold your breath.

DeBethune was never repped, and, probably, your model of Hermes too.

From your looooong list of watches I'd recommend a few - SOSF, Avenger Skyland, Chopard MM RG/Grey (fantastic watch!!!), Ebel Discovery,

IWC Cousteau 2006, PAM 090, Rolex DSSD, Rolex Day/Date II, TAG Carrera Day/Date 43mm, Hublot Big Bang RG Chrono, Omega UPO non-chrono.

When you'll have all these watches in your box - you'll already know a lot about replicas, and then you'll choose wjhatever you want.

Trust me - all these watches are CLASSIC.

Welcome to the Fora, and good luck!

Nisv

Hi Bato, welcome :)

............well, I'm also kinda new to the scene, so my advice regarding reps would be this : Just stick to the trusted dealers list and you're home free :)

;)

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

Member X
Second:

"What is the best rep?" and I thought it would be good to have just a quick list of the reps that are the most accurate out there. I don't think the question will ever go away so shouldn't we just have an easy reference list??

I appreciate that it may mean that people can just turn up, find this thread, find what they want and then not participate in the board much, but then aren't we here for the greater good - to stop people being scammed, even if they don't want to partake in forum life to any great extent?

It would also mean that dealers/factories can get more trade off the better reps and (hopefully) be persuaded that the extra time and energy expended on making a rep a Super Rep is worthwhile and should be repeated in the future, leading to better reps for all of us smile.gif (Well, that's the theory...)

So, please feel free to copy and paste the list below into your post and add yours at an appropriate alphabetical point (or amend mistakes), with a link to a seller or review if you're so inclined. I hope to update my suggestions with links later but I need to do some work today... lol

Breitling SuperOcean Heritage (SOH) v2 non-chrono (ETA version) - $250-300 (production said to be stopping)

Concord C1

Dewitt Academia Chrono

Graham Chronofighter

IWC 3717 (v1 or v3)

Rolex Daytona (vintage seconds-at-9 versions from Yuki or David Wong (DW) or Speedmaster)

Tag Heuer Link

That list is awesome however, aside from BK whose name is almost synonyms when it comes to Rolex reps the dealers for the other watches aren't mentioned. Where can some of the other watches be found from which dealer in this community?

At this price? From which dealer. Some of the reading suggested that ETA's have gone up in price and even this thread members were requesting an update on the prices etc. Please assist.

Say, that list looks familiar... :) :)

I need to update it because a lot of new stuff, especially PAMs, has come out!

The Milgauss Factory stuff is pretty much only from PrestigeWatchCo (Robert) AIUI (as I understand it), but I'm sure there are other factories also producing Milgauss reps.

All of the dealers have access to pretty much the same reps so drop the dealer you like a line and ask them if they can get the watch you are looking for. As the saying goes, "Pick your dealer then pick your watch" :boobies3:

Prices are what they are - it's no use worrying about if a rep is $30 more expensive than this time last year, for example, because the factories charge what they charge. Everyone else down the line (wholesalers and dealers) still has to add their profit margin on top, and people gotta live! :P

P4GTR
Ok, spend more time doing more research and sure enough one of the things I am looking for has been here all along.

However I need help:

On this particular link:

Best rep reviews database

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...p?showtopic=601

How come I cannot see the pictures?

THANKS FOR P4GTR helping me out. FOR ANY NOOBS OUT THERE SIGN UP WITH THE THREE OTHER REP FORUMS OUT THERE AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO VIEW all the pictures.

Second:

Concord C1

Dewitt Academia Chrono

Graham Chronofighter

IWC 3717 (v1 or v3)

Tag Heuer Link

I thought I told you to stay away from the :wheredidthehostingmoneygo?:

Bato

Hahaha thanks guys. Actually speaking with a rep now and getting things squared away. Hopefully I be looking at my first 2 reps within the next two weeks.

With answers come more questions :thumbsup:.

So I noticed that certain watches like PAM's for example lack luster in their lume jobs and we have one person on here SKA that does them. The other forums including this one, list someone named Vash? I live in the US, so I am trying to find a US trusted modder for water proving and lume jobs etc. Anyone that comes to mind that is highly recommended?

Member X

Vash??

Link?

And which Trusted Dealer did you choose? :thumbsup:

If you're on RWI as well and are in the US, Sead (Supermirrors) might be a good choice for you. Or mikemcnair on here might be able to assist, although he's not an 'official' modder yet, as far as I know :):D

Luthier

Wash = Pugwash?

:thumbsup:

David543

Hi there and welcome. :wave:

You have had some great replies here from some of the most knowledgeable so I can't add anything helpful, but have to say a 'cheers' to 'X' if he will update his superrep list!! :)

David543

Sorry double post network error!

Edited by David543

Bato

Thanks and I am glad you guys keep me on my toes. I been reading and reading anymore reading and looking at pic's I am going to get dizzy. Tomorrow on my day off, I am going to sit there and get ALL CATALOG's I can get my hands on :) Again great forum link found in the noob section. Apparently my wife is budgeting me to 1 watch every couple of months (so she thinks). But since my eye is focused on Ultimate Reps only based on their price tag's its only reasonable.

Btw is the search function broke. Every time I am trying to find something no luck :lol:

decus

Nice 1 hope you have a good time , so get ready.. :boxing: