Sign in to follow this  
PeterWorcester

New Sub from Mary

PeterWorcester

All,

I wanted to thank you all again for the advice about finding a "great" submariner. I think I found the solution short of BK's (who is a little $ for me and awhile out to get)

I contacted Mary and referenced the Sub that Luthier pointed out on her site. She wrote me back that she has a new one that she can source. Claims it's much better and brand new.

Here is the 2nd email exchange with her, bless her heart. She tells me that this is really a genuine ETA 2836-2 movement, It's got Blue Lume, the new DSSD-like fake glide lock clasp (fake meaning it has teeth to adjust but you move the bracelet manually by squeezing the pins), good alignment, the proper date wheel, a 2.5X mag Cyclops and proper alignment on the "dot". Personally I don't know enough to know if the bezel is correct so I'd be interested in any opinions. I trust Mary so if she says this is one of "the best" quality I believe her. I've seen the difference between 316l & 316F steel and even I can see there is a difference, feels tighter and smoother to me, so I hope that stands.

"Hi Peter,

I can 100% sure you there is the rolex crown etching at 6 on the sapphire glass and all your other desires.

The price is $298, this one is the best quality one, with 316F stainless steel, and the others with the 316L stainless steel case, ALL the details are better than others.

if you order it, please let me know, so I can get it out right away.

Thank you!

Regards,

mary"

So I know that these are "QC' / Promo shots, and probably not supposed to post them here but I thought some of you might be interested. Especially if this is a new source and a new model.

She sent me these so I could have a look at what she's going to send me. I'm sure she'll send QC pics any time now too, if they are different I'll post them in the right section. Hopefully I'll get it next week or a day or two into the following week, and I will be back in town for a couple of days so I will get "real" pics up asap. I have learned that Mary is pretty darn trustworthy so I'm really hoping that this is really the watch I've been looking for. Lord knows I've bought enough watches from her, only had one problem and she rectified the day I contacted her.

IMG_7191.jpg

IMG_7186.jpg

IMG_7185.jpg

IMG_7190.jpg

IMG_7189.jpg

IMG_7188.jpg

IMG_7187.jpg

Cheers all, and thanks again for all your input.

Peter

Balad1

Good information, I'm glad you posted it.

Congratulations on your purchase.

jameo210369

Great pick up Peter, now move on to a Tag or Breitling.

Eiderdaus

bracelet with polishef mid links is wrong

prestigewatchco

Band is not meant to be same as DSSD correct band is called easy lock or something it is't supposed to have the lift up section like DSSD only the teeth inside

brooksy1

Looks nice mate. Great purchase.

Luthier

Really great Sub, congrats! Great pearl, correct "10", and very, very nice clasp! It looks great with polished mid links, exactly, like on gen.

And yeah... you're welcome.

:drool:

jameo210369

Great to hear that Luthier has another satisfied customer.

Balad1

LOL

NFleischer

Does the new Ceramic SS Sub have a brushed bracelet or polished mid links?

Amit

Brushed

Luthier

O'Rly...?

Midlinks.jpg

mspangl
O'Rly...?

Midlinks.jpg

That's a special .. The 116610LB

The "normal" 116610LN has still got brushed links

The gen is white gold and so it has got polished mid links :)

PeterWorcester
Great pick up Peter, now move on to a Tag or Breitling.

Jam,

I already have all the Tag's & Breitlings I could ever want. Seems like Del and I are Breitling lovers and I just got the Tag Aquaracer that is phenomenal, Have posted pics of both.

Cheers,

Peter

Takken
Midlinks.jpg

That blue version actually looks pretty fantastic. Any dealers have that particular model?

Takken

- Delete this -

Edited by Takken

Caliper

Congratulations on your soon to be acquisition :)

I'm not much of a Rolex man but all this amazing quality Submariners over here at great prices are making my wallet itch.

mmm...gotta ask, has this contact with Mary been recent?? I've been trying to get a hold of her, send her an e-mail two ago weks and a PM one week ago and no answer whatsoever. :hung:

Edited by Caliper

Mystery Shopper

Great looking sub. Can she ATM test it as well?

David543

Nice one Peter, watch looks really great. Bet you can't wait until it arrives!! :)

Edited by David543

Del

That looks superb! I really like the polished mid-links, even if they are not correct for this model. Who's going to know?!

Congrats Peter :)

NFleischer

DSC00303.jpg

Here's BK's Blue Smurf Sub. It has polished mid links cos it should be pure white gold.

Still I'm not sure about the SS- I looked at the Rolex web site and it was hard to tell.

barkingtoad

Black should have brushed mid links , arnt the polished ones on the blue polished because they are platinum ?

Silverspeed

SS ceramic sub does not have polished midlinks

Although the sub in Mary's pics does look nice....it has the wrong bracelet

PeterWorcester
Really great Sub, congrats! Great pearl, correct "10", and very, very nice clasp! It looks great with polished mid links, exactly, like on gen.

And yeah... you're welcome.

:)

Geez Luthier now you're psychic too. Hey dude, you did point me in the right direction. I have to give you credit where credit is due Luth.

I wouldn't have found it if not for you. I owe you… It really does look like a nice watch, I'm stoked to actually get it.

Cheers,

Peter

PeterWorcester
Congratulations on your soon to be acquisition :)

I'm not much of a Rolex man but all this amazing quality Submariners over here at great prices are making my wallet itch.

mmm...gotta ask, has this contact with Mary been recent?? I've been trying to get a hold of her, send her an e-mail two ago weks and a PM one week ago and no answer whatsoever. :)

Cal,

Mary was away at a weddig then earlier this week she had to move offices so contact may be a little sporadic. I emailed her Tuesday or Wednesday and bought the watch on Wednesday of this week.

Having said that, I'm not sure she's had a chance to mail it yet or get QC photos of the actual watch but I think tht may be her office issues holding things up right now.

Cheers,

Peter