Sign in to follow this  
PeterWorcester

New Sub from Mary

Ska
Really great Sub, congrats! Great pearl, correct "10", and very, very nice clasp! It looks great with polished mid links, exactly, like on gen.

And yeah... you're welcome.

:)

Geez Luthier now you're psychic too. Hey dude, you did point me in the right direction. I have to give you credit where credit is due Luth.

I wouldn't have found it if not for you. I owe you… It really does look like a nice watch, I'm stoked to actually get it.

Cheers,

Peter

Dude it looks sweet! - oh and if the polished links ever bother you, it's easy to give them a beautiful brushed finish with a scotch brite pad.

PeterWorcester
Great looking sub. Can she ATM test it as well?

Scott,

I don't believe so. I don't think Mary has that kind of equipment or services.

Cheers,

Peter

SB56667

It's a peach! Congrats, Peter! Look forward to live shots once it arrives.

PeterWorcester
SS ceramic sub does not have polished midlinks

Although the sub in Mary's pics does look nice....it has the wrong bracelet

The gen (model 116610LN) I just looked at has very slightly polished mid links, so I actually think the bracelet is correct. The model 116619LB which is white gold has highly polished mid links.

With the Rlox glidelock clasp (which looks like a DSSD clasp but instead of the little bracket with the teeth flipping up, you adjust the bracelet end manually and the teeth are built into the clasp and don't pop up.

I expect that when I get real QC photos and actually get the watch that it will be as accurate as Mary claims, so I'll just have t wait and see.

Cheers,

Peter

PeterWorcester
Really great Sub, congrats! Great pearl, correct "10", and very, very nice clasp! It looks great with polished mid links, exactly, like on gen.

And yeah... you're welcome.

:)

Geez Luthier now you're psychic too. Hey dude, you did point me in the right direction. I have to give you credit where credit is due Luth.

I wouldn't have found it if not for you. I owe you… It really does look like a nice watch, I'm stoked to actually get it.

Cheers,

Peter

Dude it looks sweet! - oh and if the polished links ever bother you, it's easy to give them a beautiful brushed finish with a scotch brite pad.

Hey Ska,

I've been meaning to ask you, will you do your lume jobs on watches from the US ? If so, what kind of turn around can you do? What's the process ? I can't find anyone in the US that can lume a watch or atm test them etc.

It's definitely not something I'd even consider doing myself. Thanks for the tip on the mid links too BTW.

Cheers,

Peter

Caliper
Cal,

Mary was away at a weddig then earlier this week she had to move offices so contact may be a little sporadic. I emailed her Tuesday or Wednesday and bought the watch on Wednesday of this week.

Having said that, I'm not sure she's had a chance to mail it yet or get QC photos of the actual watch but I think tht may be her office issues holding things up right now.

Cheers,

Peter

I know she was at a wedding, I e-mailed her on the 18th and then the PM a week later, waited since I supposed she was catching up on everything she left behind, but I've had no answer at all. Seeing you got a quick reply has confused me. Must be 'cause I'm new at forums and doesn't know me. Oh well, gonna order from someone else.

Thanks dude. Enjoy your watch and do post pics when it arrives.

Luthier
Must be 'cause I'm new at forums and doesn't know me. Oh well, gonna order from someone else.

Bullshit. Mary treat everyone equally, she even pay more attention to new people.

Make sure you send your email to the correct address. Seems she didn't get it.

And PM me your email and name, I'll ask her, what's wrong.

PeterWorcester
Cal,

Mary was away at a weddig then earlier this week she had to move offices so contact may be a little sporadic. I emailed her Tuesday or Wednesday and bought the watch on Wednesday of this week.

Having said that, I'm not sure she's had a chance to mail it yet or get QC photos of the actual watch but I think tht may be her office issues holding things up right now.

Cheers,

Peter

I know she was at a wedding, I e-mailed her on the 18th and then the PM a week later, waited since I supposed she was catching up on everything she left behind, but I've had no answer at all. Seeing you got a quick reply has confused me. Must be 'cause I'm new at forums and doesn't know me. Oh well, gonna order from someone else.

Thanks dude. Enjoy your watch and do post pics when it arrives.

Cal.

Mary definitely does NOT play favorites, so I just think things are hectic, I actually just got an email from her today saying she was getting my watch today and to please be patient. I've ordered literally dozens of watches from her and she has a life like most of us, things come us, she's had to move office etc. Frankly I don't ever PM her anyway, I always email her, I usually get a reply with a day or two MAX, you also have to factor in the time zone difference and that can mean it's a Sunday over there when it's a Saturday over here. I've found that she is much more responsive to email than PMs, at least for me.

I heard about this watch last week and she is just getting it today so she obviously has lot going on.

I wouldn't go to another dealer just because you think she isn't paying attention to you.

If she's taking too long for you then it's certainly your prerogative to order from someone else, there are SEVERAL GREAT dealers that hang out around here. I've ordered from most of them as well. As long as you stick to the trusted dealers you'll get a good product.

Let Luthier see what he finds out before you give up on Mary completely. Not to say that the other TD's aren't just as good. The more you get into the rep world the more you'll find little things that can really frustrate you, the worst, for me, being once it's shipped waiting for that watch to arrive can drive you crazy.

If you're really in a hurry check with Robert, he ships from Thailand and things tend to arrive in the US much faster, but if he doesn't have it in stock it may take him some time to source the watch, so there are all sorts of trade offs. Lay, has great stuff and is pretty prompt too so there are a lot of options.

Having said that, there are occasions when you order something and it could take 3-4 weeks to get. I have to say that with Mary, once she ships something I usually get it , in the US, within 5-7 days max, that is VERY consistent, so I like dealing with her, other times things will get ordered and take weeks before I get them, no clue why.

Cheers Cal,

Peter

phanto

looks fantastic. Does robert have a more 'correct' version?

Eiderdaus
SS ceramic sub does not have polished midlinks

Although the sub in Mary's pics does look nice....it has the wrong bracelet

The gen (model 116610LN) I just looked at has very slightly polished mid links, so I actually think the bracelet is correct. The model 116619LB which is white gold has highly polished mid links.

With the Rlox glidelock clasp (which looks like a DSSD clasp but instead of the little bracket with the teeth flipping up, you adjust the bracelet end manually and the teeth are built into the clasp and don't pop up.

I expect that when I get real QC photos and actually get the watch that it will be as accurate as Mary claims, so I'll just have t wait and see.

Cheers,

Peter

the gen has no slightly polished midlinks. it's all brushed ss. don' t look at pics from website or magazines.......

ThinkBachs

Good lord! It matters not if the mid-links are polished. Let's say it was a gen, all brushed, but you preferred polished mid-links. You do it yourself or send it to a pro, take pics when it comes back, post a

"Looky At My Cool Watch" thread, and all your gen friends goo-goo and oogle over the great watch you have. Worrying about the links is silliness. Jesch!

The pics look great to me, very nice!

Here, read...

PGL

That blue sub looks fantastic. Who cares if the mid links should or shouldn't be polished. Most of the watches I have, I have them with the straps/bracelets I want, whether they were meant to be for that specific model or not.

Eiderdaus

such threads are coming from rep owners in gem foras :notworthy: to tell, i have modified my watch look here is the thread lol ;)

jameo210369

Polished mid links or not, she is a great looking sub. And a great addition to your collection Peter.

peterk
bracelet with polishef mid links is wrong

I somewhat surprised about the conflicting debate, regarding the finish on the centre links of the New Ceramic Bezel GMT-MASTER II

Download the PDF from the Rolex website and it is evident that the centre links are polished, exactly as shown in the Pictures posted by PeterWorcester.

http://www.rolex.com/en#/rolex-watches/gmt...ii/introduction

http://www.rolex.com/sites/4/e-brochures/gmtmaster.pdf

David543

Nice brochure, thanks for post! :notworthy:

Eiderdaus
bracelet with polishef mid links is wrong

I somewhat surprised about the conflicting debate, regarding the finish on the centre links of the New Ceramic Bezel GMT-MASTER II

Download the PDF from the Rolex website and it is evident that the centre links are polished, exactly as shown in the Pictures posted by PeterWorcester.

http://www.rolex.com/en#/rolex-watches/gmt...ii/introduction

http://www.rolex.com/sites/4/e-brochures/gmtmaster.pdf

lol, we are talking about a submariner 116610 and not about a gmt. look.....the date just has polished midlinks as well.......i guess you missed something here :)

sconehead

...I think the bracelet looks good like that...

watch.aholic

Thanks for posting these pics. The sub definitely is a worthy contender to BK's.

The polished midlinks is an issue that can surely be addressed, I suppose.

However I can't think of one reason why, none of these TD's can't get the correct minute hand on any of their rep subs.

It can't be that hard to find the correct hand or is it?

bklm1234

@PeterWorcester: newer datewheel overlay? Seems like the same old one. Pls show a few more direct views of different dates. Glidelock has been lift-and-move. How does yours work exactly, not sure what it means when you said squeeze the pins? How are the details on yours better? 316F steel? You tested it? And you tested other dealers' to be not 316F steel? Puretime for example has been saying 316F for a long long time. I don't think this is a new model esp polished mid links.

All the different noobfactory dealers do everything to make customers think they have a better watch while it's the same noobfactory watch. I do it too. I do it with mods.

bk

NFleischer

And the Sub gods have spoken...

PeterWorcester
@PeterWorcester: newer datewheel overlay? Seems like the same old one. Pls show a few more direct views of different dates. Glidelock has been lift-and-move. How does yours work exactly, not sure what it means when you said squeeze the pins? How are the details on yours better? 316F steel? You tested it? And you tested other dealers' to be not 316F steel? Puretime for example has been saying 316F for a long long time. I don't think this is a new model esp polished mid links.

All the different noobfactory dealers do everything to make customers think they have a better watch while it's the same noobfactory watch. I do it too. I do it with mods.

bk

When did I say "mine was better" come on people, read he original post, I'm JUST relaying what Mary told me.

BK,

You could be right on every count as far as I know, I'm only going by what Mary has told me. The glidelock I'm describing as "fake" does not have the tab that opens the teeth but does have the teeth underneath and you squeeze together the pins in the bracelet clasp end to slide it in and out on the teeth, I must not be explaining it correctly. It functions similar to the DSSD glidelock except that instead of the tab coming up to let the end of the clasp move, it a solid piece and the bracelet end moves underneath the teeth by squeezing the pins together in the bracelet end.

As far s Steel, my Father worked for Breitling for almost 50+ years, last summer he had a bunch of links, polished and brushed, that he brought home, made from the 904L , 316L & 316F , from a layman's perspective even I could see the 904L was very smooth , very hard, harder to scratch. Also, even I could tell that there is a difference between 316L & F the F, is harder, withstands more pressure before bending. Withstands more abuse before scratching and generally feels a little smoother, not quite as sharp on the edges. Whether or not Mary's sub really is 316F again I'm only going by what she's telling me.

When I get it, I will post all the shots I can, I have 5 other dealer's sub's to compare it to, so maybe it will be identical to one or more maybe it won't I don't know. I know I have no reason not to believe Mary, but you certainly know more than I.

Again I wasn't making any wild claims only relaying what I was told.

BK,all the rest is strictly from what Mary has told me , which I stated clearly in the original post, I cant tell you if she was telling me the God's honest truth or not, but I trust her. She said it was a new source, maybe it's just new for her, I never said or claimed it was better or anything, I simply quoted what Mary told me. When I get it I will post all the shots I can. If I had the time and $ I'd have ordered one from you, but frankly I'm in kind of a hurry and while I'm sure yours "is better" it's just a little steep for me. I asked Mary if the little details were correct, she said yes, so I have no reason not to believe her.

Cheers all,

Peter

Fiddo

I like it! Looks pretty good!

Enjoy your new watch!

PeterWorcester

Ok, Not that this will clear anything up, again I am JUST GOING BY WHAT Mary TOLD ME in an explicit. So today I get the "Ok to ship QC photos, and asked her to ship asap.

Personally until get to poke a little these QC photo's are juts as misleading..

I'll let the QC pics speak for themselves

Zoomed in face

IMG_2991.jpg

Mary;s std Crown CloseUP

IMG_2990.jpg

Mary's CROWN & Winder

IMG_2992.jpg

Maybe backside & Bracelet

IMG_2994.jpg

Mary;s backsidUp

IMG_2995.jpg

So far without seeing and actually holding I can't tell if anything is wrong or if wasted. I trust Mary and have always considered her helpful and very trustworthy.