Sign in to follow this  
jameo210369

A big thank you to the forum

jameo210369

Hi guys,

I received a package in the post today and was taken back when I noticed it had come from RWG at Palm Beach, Florida. I opened the package and found a stunning rose gold watch, pictures to follow later tonight if I can get my daughter to take some pics for me. I am so taken back by the generosity of the forum that I want to say thank you to all the guys, you have really made me feel good today.

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

For most of you guys that don't know, I was diagnosed a while back with Barrett’s Esophagus. Barretts is a disease that affects your esophagus and stomach, I had to go back to hospital on Tuesday this week and I received more bad news, my condition has got a lot worse and it has developed into dysplasia. I have two options available to me, 1 - hope the condition doesn't turn cancerous, but 1 in 5 cases of dysplasia turn to cancer within 5 years or 2 - have the infected part of my stomach and esophagus removed. If I opt for option 2 I could die on the table as it is a really big and complicated operation.

The biggest dilema I have is how do I tell my partner and daughter that my condition has got worse.

Once again thanks to all the forum members for giving me a great surprise and lift today.

:lol: :( :P :frusty::woo:

dingle

well deserved gift. Enjoy :lol:

mspangl

Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better :lol:

+1 to Dingle.. A well deserved watch

Nisv

All the best to you, Jameo.

Hope for a speedy recovery regardless of what you choose to do.

jameo210369

Thanks guys,

I stopped wearing a watch a few months back as I kept banging them on the toilet pan when I was being sick, and I get sent a new watch. talk about irony.

Luthier

Jam, you're one of the best guys on Earth, I'm sure God will spare you, I'll pray for you, in most cases it does work. I wish you all, all, all the best, and we all hope for your recovery.

edil

I'm glad you're happy about the watch,

but on another note that is realy, realy terrible thing that can happen to someone.

Sorry to hear that, hope in the end everything goes well.

Balad1

Sorry to hear about your health issues Jameo; I wish you only the best for the future.

PS: First class gesture by RWG; which reflects highly on you too.

powderfreak

Hope everything turns out well!

jameo210369

Thanks Luther, Edil, Balad and powderfreak, much appreciated.

I have been told that if I don't drink it can help my condition, bummer.

seclark007

Brother, I wish you nothing but the best as you battle this fucker of a disease! I too have been the recipient of the generosity of this board, its members and administrators. Ya don't know how much a random act of kindness impacts someone until you are the recipient!

Good luck to you. Stay strong, and know that you have a bunch off people here that, despite the fact you may not have met them, care a great deal about you and what happens to you moving forward.

Sean

jameo210369

Thanks Sean,

KBH

Wear it in good health my friend. We're all here for you if you need us. Think positive thoughts and I know you can beat it........

bme

Good luck with everything mate. Whichever option you choose keep your chin up!

Luthier

Drink a lot of good fresh cut green tea. It make miracles sometimes.

jameo210369

I don't drink much alcohol as a rule, I will have the odd beer if a good game of football is on but maybe 4 or 5 beers a month. Tea is a no go, I have never drunk tea or coffee.

sconehead

...this sucks Jim....on a positive note that means you have an 80% chance it wont turn cancerous mate, my thoughts are with you...you're too nice a guy for this shit mate...anyhow, enjoy the watch and think positive...:drool:

amuthon

Being sick isn’t easy but I hope it makes it easier knowing that others are thinking of you and sending

well wishes your way.

jameo210369

Thanks Sconey, it won't beat me it may fuck around with me but I'll carry on as normal.

KeNnY

You deserve the watch Jameo :drool: , and I hope you will get better soon ! Think positive, you will beat it !

jameo210369

As above, thanks guys I really appreciate your words.

P4GTR
Thanks Luther, Edil, Balad and powderfreak, much appreciated.

I have been told that if I don't drink it can help my condition, bummer.

And a drink is probably just what you need about now, too. Hang in there Jam, maybe your luck is turning good again, new watch in the mail and all.

David543

Really sorry to hear your news. I will be sending you my thoughts and best wishes whatever you choose.

Awesome of the forum to do this. My wife had breast cancer so I know what this sort of thing can be like. Take support of those who love you and everyone here cares about you mate.

Mystery Shopper

Looking forward to the pics of the new watch. Sorry to read you have been unwell & I hope you are on the mend. Best wishes, Scott

NCRich

Awesome. May you wear it in good (better) health!