Sign in to follow this  
edwelly

Question about a new rep - need advice

edwelly

Hello all. I just got in a new rep today, an Omega Speedmaster Prof, and it has the manual Lemania movement. QUESTION: if I pull out the crown to set the date, the whole dial should not move should it?

P4GTR

Sounds like the little tabs used to hold the movement in might need to be tightened. This is a relatively easy repair with little chance for breaking the watch.

pull the bracelet off one lug, or remove a pin/screw from bracelet. So you can easily access the caseback

Open the caseback (use a huge wad of masking tape to make a sticky ball if you dont have something else) by unscrewing it.

You will see two tabs holding the movement into the case. Get a good sharp flathead screwdriver and tighten them up. In a pinch, you could get a set of mini-screwdrivers from the dollar store, and sharpen one of the flat heads in the pack.

Here is what it looks like in general with a caseback removed. See the tabs at 12, 5, and 7 o'clock? Those are what you want to look for. Your movement will look a little different, but same idea. You might only have two tabs, thats ok.

ETAClose.jpg

Edited by P4GTR

edwelly
Sounds like the little tabs used to hold the movement in might need to be tightened. This is a relatively easy repair with little chance for breaking the watch.

pull the bracelet off one lug, or remove a pin/screw from bracelet. So you can easily access the caseback

Open the caseback (use a huge wad of masking tape to make a sticky ball if you dont have something else) by unscrewing it.

You will see two tabs holding the movement into the case. Get a good sharp flathead screwdriver and tighten them up. In a pinch, you could get a set of mini-screwdrivers from the dollar store, and sharpen one of the flat heads in the pack.

Here is what it looks like in general with a caseback removed. See the tabs at 12, 5, and 7 o'clock? Those are what you want to look for. Your movement will look a little different, but same idea. You might only have two tabs, thats ok.

Thanks so much for the info. I was able to remove the case back and I see the screws you are talking about but I cannot get them to tighten any further. :drool: