Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

brtelec takes a Fakeymarriner deep diveing.

trailboss99

Hows this for testing to destruction? brtelec, a comercial diver is currently testing a FM Rolex to destruction in a real saturation diveing situation. It has survrved 30m so far and tomorrow it goes to 150m. This should be fun!

:lol:

The full story and pics HERE

Col.

greg_r

It would have been more fun if he'd taken Fakey :lol:

But - drowning whiners aside, there's no doubt that Fakey does a real good job on those budget subs he sells. Still think the PVD sub is butt-ugly, though.

JohnG

What a tooljob! Fakey's mantra in the reps and swimming/diving threads used to be "don't take reps near the water! don't take reps near the water!"

I think it would be funny if someone dug up one of those quotes and posted it in his thread.

I have no doubt that a well sealed rep sub can take it - and if there is any doubt, just have it tested... I am sure Fakey had his tested to 300m BEFORE he turned over for this "experiment"

:lol:

But gotta say, this guy finally found his place - RWI is Fakeyland.

greg_r

What I wanna know is whether a 'water buffalo pussy' is watertight to 300m... any takers?

Fakey has been very helpful to a lot of noobs over at RWI, so they tolerate him - quite justfiably, imho. He mostly behaves himself over there and he certainly puts a lot of effort into keeping his customers happy - you won't find anyone to say much against him as a dealer. Too many 'trounle' posts and that might change, however :lol:

trailboss99

Actualy John the origenal idea was to destroy it in spectacular fashon. That however is proveing somewhat harder than anticptated :)

No one is more surprised than Fakey at this point.

If it makes even 200m I'm impresed. After all, 50 is good enough for most folk.

I like PVD personaly. Just gotta talk him into doing that TT PVD and gold one for me. If you don't like the PVD subs there is allways the PO box sets.

Whatever else you think of FM his watches are great value.

Col.

JohnG

yeah, I imagine he give great value - I doubt he is much of a real businessman, I get the sense he does this more for fun and profit is secondary....

I think he is basically honest as well - though I think he is a compulsive liar about some things (non-business related), i.e. his background.

And of course, he is a weener, let's not forget that.

:D

greg_r
yeah, I imagine he give great value - I doubt he is much of a real businessman, I get the sense he does this more for fun and profit is secondary....

I think he is basically honest as well - though I think he is a compulsive liar about some things (non-business related), i.e. his background.

And of course, he is a weener, let's not forget that.

:D

+1

trailboss99

They don't call him "Fakemaster" for nothing John. Compulsive is allmost too soft a word for it. Pity realy. He just can't help but spin some of the most amazing BS.

Col.