Sign in to follow this  
bobbuilder621

Hello Everyone

bobbuilder621

Hello, I am glad to be here.

I have been reading and reading for the last couple of days and learning a great deal.

I have been looking at the Omega Planet Oceans at the various dealer websites and trying to decide what to get.

I came across a black PVD version of the Planet Ocean which caught my eye, has anyone seen one first hand?

I am tempted to get one since it is a rare bird and I am sure most people won't know what to think of it, and I love black PVD watches.

I am also tempted by the PVD version of the Rolex's that I've seen on several websites.

I am getting ready to order a pair of watches from Silix from thier Specials section to see what $60 buys me and to start off my new hobby.

Balad1

Hello Bob, Glad to have you join us.

As I am sure you know stick with RWG's trusted dealers and confirm availability before processing any online payments. Most Chinese dealers do not stock reps but source them as ordered.

If you are looking for a dealer that has some excellent deals check Robert at PWC, he is also a stocking dealer. http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...hp?showforum=73

Otherwise I recommend Mary at Watch International or Lay with ReplicaMake.

Again Welcome

opus9

+1 on balad's comment and welcome to the start of the depletion of your life savings,divorce and watch insomnia!!

regards

opus9

jameo210369

Hi bob, welcome to the forum. Plenty of watch nuts here, as above, this addiction will cost you your personal life.

I would personally go for the Omega Planet Ocean a real beautiful watch. All of the dealers on the forum can source them for you.

bobbuilder621

Thanks everyone.

Yes, I am going with a Trusted Dealer for certain.

I am currently located in the sand box and shipping something over here might present some issues.

I made the mistake of heading to the local bazaar/market and found some cheap reps, then went online to do some research and found this site.

So I am starting with a very cheap order and see how that goes.

Balad1

I think I would have it sent to family in the US/UK and then have them forward it to you.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Del

Hello and welcome! :lol:

(Just remember that PVDs will scratch more easily (or at least more visibly) than s/s so if you are wanting something for everyday use then bear this in mind. :D )

Nisv

Hi Bob, welcome :)

David543

Hi Bob. Welcome to the forum. Like Del said a rep of a PVD or DLC coating may show wear, I would only get that on a gen. Ceramic is an alternative as that is genuine Ceramic, and reps seem hard and durable. I haven't scratched sapphire face or ceramic on any od my watches in 5yrs!!! :)

This is addictive, like others have said your savings may be affected!!!!

Keep safe out there. I'm from the UK and not in the forces but anyone who is or has been has my utmost respect.

Member X

Hey Bob!

Welcome aboard :)

If you're looking for an everyday wearing watch while on duty, be aware that reps aren't always very durable!

Andy Schuhren is active on the rep and homage forums and is a serving soldier, and has designed and built an awesome PVD watch that should suit you nicely ;):D

http://schuhren.de/quartz-the-battle-timer/

and he also does a nice range of mechanical watches too :(

graman

Welcome Bob!

Fiddo

Hello Bob!

:D

Welcome!

bobbuilder621

Thanks everyone.

I received my order from Silix a few days ago and have been very happy. I ordered the $30 PO and the $30 Rolex.

I have been wearing the PO for a couple of days and it seems to be doing great. I resized the bracelet myself and it turned out well. The Rolex is going to be a gift to a family member once I get home.

I was a bit worried about it reaching me all the way here in Iraq, but it arrived about 15 days from my payment date. Not too bad. I am now thinking about getting a UPO if I can find a smaller one. This one is 45mm and is a tad too big.

Thanks everyone for their advice on the board, I've been reading it as much as I can after work and enjoy looking at all the different watches out there.