WatchDog21

I'm a little embarrassed to even post this

WatchDog21

But lets have some FUN!

Someday I will have the right opportunity to acquire a Grand Seiko.  When @NCRich posted his new snowflake it sparked the hunt once again but I am not at a point where I am ready to make that purchase.  So I figured I would have some fun.  First just for giggles I did inquire from one of our TD's if there are any reps of the Grand Seiko to which I go the answer expected; No!

After this over in the AliExpress Mess Sub forum I had read a  thread about a feiko on Wish.com and figured I would just take a peek.  Low and behold I found one!  Unfortunately the only thing that comes close to making this a Grand Seiko rep is just the printed "Grand Seiko" on the dial, other than that it is a joke. 

So for $8 why not?  I can have some fun with this.   

As you will see in the pics, I got extremely lucky and got the first one of ... er um.... well... the first one in the year 2019 or the first one of 2,019 :rofl: you can decide. 

Let the jokes now begin! :pointlaugh:

49416989592_2349e7a7f7_b.jpg

49416989682_a9901eaa6a_b.jpg

49416299643_ed22e9e1df_b.jpg

So "technically" speaking I now have a "Grand Seiko" in my collection.  :lol:

• Like 2

KarmaToBurn

I think it looks pretty damn good for $8!

BravoDelta

i9sIE.jpg

• Like 1

k4jun

For $8 it was worth:thumbsup:

It looks somewhat like an offspring of old quartz GS and fake SARB033.

NCRich

Wow!  Just like mine!

SCShrek

Since Wish is the "bargain mart" of DH and Ali, I say you scored big.

I once got a "free" watch from Wish. That thing wasnt worth the time it took to throw it in the trash. I believe @FudgyDocker has experienced Wish watches as well.

RussP

@WatchDog21

I see that I'm not the only person who thinks you got lucky for $8.00

That's a fine looking watch.

Since it's reps that you're looking for, here's a link to a rep GS seller online: http://www.hkfactoryshop.com/shopdvr/catalog/4/35753/Replica_Watch.html

FudgyDocker

47 minutes ago, SCShrek said:

I once got a "free" watch from Wish. That thing wasnt worth the time it took to throw it in the trash. I believe @FudgyDocker has experienced Wish watches as well.

I posted my Wish watch in the Genuine wrist check in July. No-one batted an eyelid. It cost me 90p ($1.08) including shipping. It hasn't lost a second since I got it :rofl:

eozopCX.jpg

• Like 1

RepGuy
23 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

I posted my Wish watch in the Genuine wrist check in July. No-one batted an eyelid. It cost me 90p ($1.08) including shipping. It hasn't lost a second since I got it :rofl:

eozopCX.jpg

How can they even afford to sell and ship a watch for that price?! Even the lowest of the low materials would cost more than that, not including shipping.

GingerApple
59 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

eozopCX.jpg

Lol at those 'subdials'!!!!!

WatchDog21
4 hours ago, NCRich said:

Wow!  Just like mine!

:rofl:

3 hours ago, RussP said:

@WatchDog21

I see that I'm not the only person who thinks you got lucky for $8.00

That's a fine looking watch.

Since it's reps that you're looking for, here's a link to a rep GS seller online: http://www.hkfactoryshop.com/shopdvr/catalog/4/35753/Replica_Watch.html

Oh my goodness, what have you just done to me!  I need to somehow hide my credit card from myself.  :throwingmoney:

Seriously, have you ever purchased from them?  The lure of the catch can blind common sense, that and the all the watches are the same price which can make me a weeeeee bit suspicious.

3 hours ago, RepGuy said:

How can they even afford to sell and ship a watch for that price?! Even the lowest of the low materials would cost more than that, not including shipping.

I have asked myself that same question, it's kind of insane!

RussP
3 hours ago, WatchDog21 said:

Oh my goodness, what have you just done to me!  I need to somehow hide my credit card from myself.  :throwingmoney:

Seriously, have you ever purchased from them?  The lure of the catch can blind common sense, that and the all the watches are the same price which can make me a weeeeee bit suspicious.

I have asked myself that same question, it's kind of insane!

I haven't purchased from that seller yet.

If I do, I'll most likely be purchasing the rep of the first ever Grand Seiko, the 3180.

GenTLe
9 hours ago, WatchDog21 said:

Seriously, have you ever purchased from them?  

Uhm, I think the proper gif should be this one:

giphy.gif

Is it just me or they are "suspiciously" similar to these images (of a real gen seller)?

https://davidsw.com/watches/grand-seiko-seiko/

For instance:

9e06.jpgIMG_3267.jpg

51de.jpgIMG_8289.jpg

And I even think that those from "DavidSW" are coming from elsewhere (the branding on the pics hasn't been erased from the shady "rep" dealer, so they have got the pictures from some other place too).

• Like 1

ShovelnTC

Can't even believe that any member is considering that Rep seller is legitimate after all of our TD's say that GS are not Repped.

WatchDog21
2 hours ago, ShovelnTC said:

Can't even believe that any member is considering that Rep seller is legitimate after all of our TD's say that GS are not Repped.

I get what you are saying but the fact remains I did get one, sure its no 1:1 AAA+++++  but it does exists.

WatchDog21
3 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Uhm, I think the proper gif should be this one:

giphy.gif

Is it just me or they are "suspiciously" similar to these images (of a real gen seller)?

https://davidsw.com/watches/grand-seiko-seiko/

For instance:

9e06.jpgIMG_3267.jpg

51de.jpgIMG_8289.jpg

And I even think that those from "DavidSW" are coming from elsewhere (the branding on the pics hasn't been erased from the shady "rep" dealer, so they have got the pictures from some other place too).

Interesting,  I need to put these into a good photo editor and see if I can find what shenanigans have been played!