Sign in to follow this  
Del

PAM308 Regatta....quartz!

Del

I recently bought this PAM308 Regatta quartz from grb (it originally came from PrestigeWatchCo) so thought I'd write a short review.

It is virtually brand new and the quality is superb! The dial has a lovely waffle effect, the brushed case is well finished, as is the tachymeter bezel. Being a quartz, the chrono works without any drama but there are no running seconds so you can't tell it's a quartz without starting the chrono - result! :D

I did have one problem though - one of the quick release lug buttons fell out. They really are a pain in the arse these things so I changed both quick release pins with custom PAM springbars with faux screw heads at one end - now I really do have quick release for strap changes! :wave:

Talking of straps, the watch came on a navy blue gen croc strap from Panatime and, while it suited the watch quite well due to the blue accents and bluish AR, the strap was a bit too shiny for my liking and cheapened the look somewhat. So, it is now on a brand new thick leather strap kindly gifted to me by Silverspeed through the "free straps" thread, complete with a new brushed pre-v buckle. I think this combo looks great! (I might try to remove or "rough-up" the shiney finish on the blue croc strap for future use.)

The lume is pretty good on this version too - the dots, numbers and hands light up very nicely.

All in all, this is a great hassle-free chrono PAM that I will enjoy wearing!

And now onto the pics....enjoy! :)

p5286579v2.jpg

p5296590v2.jpg

p5296589v2.jpg

p5286581v2.jpg

p5286586v2.jpg

kolchak

Losing out on this from grb still smarts but glad your enjoying it del. I personally liked the brown croc deploy strap he also offered over the blue but you new strap looks good!

Del
Losing out on this from grb still smarts but glad your enjoying it del. I personally liked the brown croc deploy strap he also offered over the blue but you new strap looks good!

Thanks kolchak :picard2:. I thought the blue croc would go better than the brown croc, plus grb said the brown croc was well worn. The blue is good though and if I can get some of the shine off it then I might put it back on. In the meantime, I am very happy with this combo. :suicide:

kolchak

did you get the pam custom spring bars from the RWG shop? I finally understand spring bars are not created equal and that their are different types.

With the custom ones, do you just push it in from outside the lugs rather then inside lugs? TY

grb

I'm sending you the tan croc, cus I think it looks better. If you don't like it send it back.

Also the pics you posted made me reorder and another blue strap.

Del
did you get the pam custom spring bars from the RWG shop? I finally understand spring bars are not created equal and that their are different types.

With the custom ones, do you just push it in from outside the lugs rather then inside lugs? TY

I got the same type but got them from a UK source for quickness. Yes, you remove them by pushing from the outside, plus they incorporate the Panerai tube so are thicker.

I'm sending you the tan croc, cus I think it looks better. If you don't like it send it back.

Also the pics you posted made me reorder and another blue strap.

I'll PM you.

trailboss99
I did have one problem though - one of the quick release lug buttons fell out.

You too huh? Mine near took an eye out so I used the same solution since the RWG shop is kinda close :bcake:

If I ever find the little button I'll epoxy it back into place.

Col.

samura

I just hate you guys!!! :bcake: I was looking for this kind of deal for some time, and damn'it I was a day too late!

Beautiful watch and I bet it has a great presence as well.

trailboss99

Don't panic mate, it's as cheap as chips from Robert, just buy one new.

Col

mondeov6

Looks very very nice!!! :bcake:

samura
Don't panic mate, it's as cheap as chips from Robert, just buy one new.

Col

When you live in EU, besides UK, Roberts applies a shipping fee of almost $30 to deliver on "DIFFICULT EUROPEAN LOCATIONS". That tends to rise the price to approx. $179 ($149 for stainless steel option + $30 shipping).

On that price range, you start to think twice: Quartz or 7750 for $50 more.

Edited by samura

Del
I did have one problem though - one of the quick release lug buttons fell out.

You too huh? Mine near took an eye out so I used the same solution since the RWG shop is kinda close :lol:

If I ever find the little button I'll epoxy it back into place.

Col.

:D

I actually still have the button and spring and made some attempts to superglue it back in place, which was only partially successful. It didn't seem to sit fully home when glued so you had to tap the strap bar to get it clicked into place and eventually the button came off again. Another time it also went airborne! :D

Those custom PAM springbars are the way to go! :D

trailboss99

If you put the button back in and use the faux screw spring bars you will need to grind the retaining lug off the base of the button. Super Glue won't work, use epoxy.

Col.

Del
If you put the button back in and use the faux screw spring bars you will need to grind the retaining lug off the base of the button. Super Glue won't work, use epoxy.

Col.

Thanks Col.

One of the buttons is still in place and the springbar fits ok as long as you put the thinner "non-screwhead" side of the springbar into the lug with the quick release button.

For asthetic reasons, I need to buy some epoxy to stick the button back in and cover the hole though.

Stormcrow

Nice watch. Reading your posts, you seem to have everything Del, Rolex... Pam... Breitling...

What do the two small dials do on this Pam? (quartz version)

Edited by Stormcrow

Del
What do the two small dials do on this Pam? (quartz version)

The subdial at 3 records the 24-hr clock and the subdial at 9 records the chrono minutes. :suicide: