Sign in to follow this  
Thang

Need help with SevenFriday V3 watch

Thang

Hello,

Has anyone been working on the SevenFriday V3 watch? I need instruction on how to remove the movement from the watch case. I hit my watch on the wall while walking and the minute hand came off. I was able to remove the case back and remove the winding stem, but that how far I got. I could not figure out how to remove the movement and the dial to reset the hand. Please help.

Here is how the watch looks at the moment:

20200203-211521.jpg

Thanks

GenTLe

I did but I don't remember exactly how...

I'm sure it is a front load.

If I'm not wrong, below the lugs, covered by the strap, there should be screws that, once removed, permit you to remove the crystal and the surrounding bezel (which isn't monolithic with the case even tho they look one single block).

Once that is out the dial and movement come out together from the front.

tonyh7

Blimey I would have said it was a long shot anyone having worked with one of these but GenTle to the rescue. His range of knowledge never ceases to amaze! 

GenTLe
1 hour ago, tonyh7 said:

Blimey I would have said it was a long shot anyone having worked with one of these but GenTle to the rescue. His range of knowledge never ceases to amaze! 

I smashed the mineral crystal on mine, trying to rescue my ex that went into a rice field with the rear wheels of her Fiat Panda :lolcina:

Got an expensive replacement on Ali (35$ for a damn piece of glass!!!), tried to install: smashed again. Got another one, removed the gasket and glued in place with hypocement :D

Thang
21 hours ago, GenTLe said:

I did but I don't remember exactly how...

I'm sure it is a front load.

If I'm not wrong, below the lugs, covered by the strap, there should be screws that, once removed, permit you to remove the crystal and the surrounding bezel (which isn't monolithic with the case even tho they look one single block).

Once that is out the dial and movement come out together from the front.

Thank you so much @GenTLe. That is exactly  how to remove the bezel and the crystal. I got my watch fixed now.

20200204-212853.jpg

20200204-212603.jpg

Xpletiv

Damn, you learn something new every day, thanks for this. Hopefully, mine will never need surgery. 

GenTLe

Welcome :)