Rolez

Real or fake Rolex Datejust 41

Rolez

Hi all,

Recently bought this watch from a colleague of mine for a very reasonable price - I would like some opinion on it as no box. Also the picture makes the date look funny where as it is not wonky at all as shown. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Rolez

GingerApple

I reckon fake, but I'm rubbish at this stuff.

@tripdog123 is the font of all knowledge.

FudgyDocker

What do you want to know? I don't know enough to know rep from Gen, but taking the back off is usually the easiest way to tell. 

It's very used,  for sure!

Date doesn't line up in the window very well, too far left.

BravoDelta
53 minutes ago, Rolez said:

very reasonable price

Is that reasonable for a gen or for a rep? Because that's a pretty big difference. 

Rolez
1 minute ago, BravoDelta said:

Is that reasonable for a gen or for a rep? Because that's a pretty big difference. 

For a genuine as I am in the assumption that it is genuine 

BravoDelta
1 hour ago, Rolez said:

For a genuine as I am in the assumption that it is genuine 

I'd want to have the movement looked at for sure then. 

k4jun

@Rolez there is 3-digit code stamped on a clasp, what is the code on your watch?

Rolez
5 minutes ago, k4jun said:

@Rolez there is 3-digit code stamped on a clasp, what is the code on your watch?

7QE

deju
59 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

I reckon fake, but I'm rubbish at this stuff.

@tripdog123 is the font of all knowledge.

Obviously, you can see the fuck LEC in a photo using a potato taken from space :rofl:

If you can see the LEC without perfect lighting and macro then it’s fake as fuck. 

Gen 41 with LEC but not visible unless Macro. Exp is pre LEC. 

O78vs.jpg

Bezels also Awful/ wrong shape, so possible DJF, ARF bezel closer to gen.

Take to an AD they will pop the hood! 

FudgyDocker
3 minutes ago, deju said:

If you can see the LEC without perfect lighting and macro then it’s fake as fuck

And there's your answer. I missed the LEC in the photo!

Rolez
12 minutes ago, deju said:

Obviously, you can see the fuck LEC in a photo using a potato taken from space :rofl:

If you can see the LEC without perfect lighting and macro then it’s fake as fuck. 

Gen 41 with LEC but not visible unless Macro. Exp is pre LEC. 

O78vs.jpg

Bezels also Awful/ wrong shape, so possible DJF, ARF bezel closer to gen.

Take to an AD they will pop the hood! 

Hmm ok, the lec is not visible in real life and this pic was taken directly under my spot light, also I don’t see what’s strange about the bezel? Can you elaborate 

BravoDelta
14 minutes ago, deju said:

I missed it too. But I didnt know that. 

FudgyDocker
23 minutes ago, Rolez said:

Hmm ok, the lec is not visible in real life

You shouldn't be able to see the LEC face on, or in a normal photo without macro. You can on yours. Can't comment on the bezel, but it doesn't look anywhere close to as crisp enough.

Unscrew the case back with a sticky ball and post a pic of the movement. What's the betting that there will be an A2836 movement at best?

Here's my 'fake as fuck' one. You can just about see the LEC on that magnification. Mine's not even good. Think it's a mid range BP @ £160

jaiWP.jpg

k4jun

Rumors is Rolex has changed crystals in December 2019 - on new crystal LEC can be seen without the macro.

Adit

Don't some refer to it as "the invisible crown"?

k4jun
32 minutes ago, Rolez said:

7QE

That's good, so it is not ARF, not GMF, not DJF and not REF.

Still I do not like this watch and doubt it is gen.
Reference 126334 is powered by 3235 calibre, so bottom od the dials should be "swiss-coronet-made", yours is "swiss-made"..
I do not like cyclops and bezel (does not looks like white gold).

If you do not have Rolex papers  - this is definitely one of these watches which I would have open to be sure what is inside.

k4jun

No sorry, pre-2019 Datejust would have had "swiss-made" dial only, only most recent watches are "swiss-coronet-made".

RussP

What a can-o-worms this thread has turned out to be....

Let me get the popcorn and sit back down for a while....

Rolez
17 minutes ago, k4jun said:

Reference 126334 is powered by 3235 calibre, so bottom od the dials should be "swiss-coronet-made", yours is "swiss-made"..

If you do not have Rolex papers  - this is definitely one of these watches which I would have open to be sure what is inside.

You’re very knowledgable, is your conclusion that to really confirm I should take it to a AD - I do have concerns embarrassment of it being fake and hesitant to go 

FudgyDocker
2 minutes ago, Rolez said:

I should take it to a AD

The last thing I'd do is take to an AD, if you want to avoid possible embarrassment. I'd get a sticky ball from eBay, if you don't already have one, and take the back off yourself. Post a picture here. A lot of the members here can spot the movement a mile off.

deju
27 minutes ago, k4jun said:

The TT I posted is 2018/19 So it technically be from then 

Bezels wrong shape, look how thick that triangle is and look at the metal finish under the crystal.

O7G8c.jpg

still possible it’s a gen with an aftermarket bezel and crystal Best to pop the hood 

SCShrek
10 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

The last thing I'd do is take to an AD, if you want to avoid possible embarrassment. I'd get a sticky ball from eBay, if you don't already have one, and take the back off yourself. Post a picture here. A lot of the members here can spot the movement a mile off.

I ball of duct tape will work wonders too...you just have to clean off the residue when you're done.

k4jun
17 minutes ago, Rolez said:

You’re very knowledgable, is your conclusion that to really confirm I should take it to a AD - I do have concerns embarrassment of it being fake and hesitant to go 

So don't take it to AD. Just use a duct tape, a lot of duct tape. Form it into a big ball - glue will create enough friction to unscrew the case back.

Is is just s photo angle in your OP, or date font really is off-centered to the left?

Rolez
9 hours ago, k4jun said:

So don't take it to AD. Just use a duct tape, a lot of duct tape. Form it into a big ball - glue will create enough friction to unscrew the case back.

Is is just s photo angle in your OP, or date font really is off-centered to the left?

Here’s another picture 

Edited by Rolez

SCShrek

That looks left justified and not centered brother (that's not good). You should definitely see whats inside. Even if it does have after market parts (bezel), you should have a gen movement including date wheel to justify the price of a gen Rolie...even if you did get a good deal.