Rolez

Real or fake Rolex Datejust 41

GingerApple

The way the dial reflects light too, the curved shape - I've only ever noticed that on reps.

• Like 1

HorFan
The TT I posted is 2018/19 So it technically be from then 

Bezels wrong shape, look how thick that triangle is and look at the metal finish under the crystal.
O7G8c.jpg
still possible it’s a gen with an aftermarket bezel and crystal Best to pop the hood 

That close-up is Fudgy’s watch, not OPs

deju

Poor magnification. 

DW wrong not centered. 

DW Font thin.

looking worse as the pictures go on I’m afraid. 

Is a refund an option? 

deju
5 minutes ago, HorFan said:

That close-up is Fudgy’s watch, not OPs

True, the issue with the triangle depth is on OP’s bezel 

k4jun
16 minutes ago, Rolez said:

Here’s another picture 

Looks off-centered and I find it hard to believe Rolex had release it.

Can you see serifs at each number?

OEzLE.jpg

HorFan

Just open the damned thing up and let us see!

• Like 2

SCShrek
1 minute ago, HorFan said:

Just open the damned thing up and let us see!

I second and third that!

Oris

This is non-genuine I'm afraid. 

That LEC is a giveaway, but the cyclops is the smoking gun - the magnification is not 2.5x and the edges would be better defined on a genuine one - it's almost like gen cyclopses have a slight 'edge' or border. 

The datewheel print is rough, and the alignment of the date is too far left, indicating that this is possibly an ETA based rather than a 31XX movement.

See if you can pop the back off - I guess there's the outside possibility that the crystal has been replaced - but even a clone movement will be an easy tell from a clear photo.

Rolez
6 minutes ago, Oris said:

This is non-genuine I'm afraid. 

That LEC is a giveaway, but the cyclops is the smoking gun - the magnification is not 2.5x and the edges would be better defined on a genuine one - it's almost like gen cyclopses have a slight 'edge' or border. 

The datewheel print is rough, and the alignment of the date is too far left, indicating that this is possibly an ETA based rather than a 31XX movement.

See if you can pop the back off - I guess there's the outside possibility that the crystal has been replaced - but even a clone movement will be an easy tell from a clear photo.

:(

GingerApple

Co-worker's getting stabbed in the morning.... What did the cheeky git charge you for it?

Glaude
14 minutes ago, Rolez said:

:(

Has many said, try to pop the back off (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NjAauuh8lc ), you'll have a hard time explaining what you've been told here to the guy who sold it to you, but with a non-gen movement, that's hardly debatable even for someone not knowing the replica world

Black-Grey-Haze

I see people debating this for a little while now and while datejusts aren't my area of expertise, as soon as the pics opened in front of me, there were a few what I would think are glaring tells.

Most of them in the dial. That first Pic has like these arms of sunburst flailing in the light as they reflect. Rolex genuine will not do that or will do it very little.

The next detail that was spotted very very quickly was the color of the dial. Rolex gen rhodium is more if a silver rhodium while reps tend to reproduce this color with a dark grey - even with a hint of brown in it. But this may be the lighting conditions under which the pics were taken.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Realism

Isn't the Bezel supposedly made of White Gold? WG leaves a tint of "yellow" on light exposure... This one shines like Steel

BravoDelta
8 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Co-worker's getting stabbed in the morning.... What did the cheeky git charge you for it?

The burning question. :fuelfire:

k4jun

@Rolezif you decide to open the watch - here is how gen 3235 looks like.

ONiX5.jpg

Balance is your best friend - it has to have a blue spring, micro-screws at the balance wheel and only one balance cock. Even the best rep movements do not get a balance right.

Good luck

Theviking

He's taken the photos down. @Rolez I can imagine how pissed you must be right now, but at least you found out early and may be able to take some action to recoup funds. Good luck.

BravoDelta

:Thinking: Hmmm...hope he updates. 

GingerApple
18 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

:Thinking: Hmmm...hope he updates. 

After spending Gen money on a fake, he has no money left to feed, clothe and house himself and is thus dead in a gutter somewhere. 

BravoDelta
22 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

After spending Gen money on a fake, he has no money left to feed, clothe and house himself and is thus dead in a gutter somewhere. 

But that means he would be broke, hungry, naked and homeless even if it's real. 

GingerApple
10 minutes ago, BravoDelta said:

But that means he would be broke, hungry, naked and homeless even if it's real. 

Yeah, but when faced with his predicament, he could have sold the Gen to live off the proceeds. Jesus, pay attention.

God rest his soul.

FudgyDocker

Then again, it could've been a load of old bullshit just to test us....

Flipside: trying to SELL it as gen.

FunnyStarSystem

I'm going with good old fashioned embarrassment. And the other four "gens" he bought from the guy!

FudgyDocker
14 minutes ago, funnystarsystem said:

And the other four "gens" he bought from the guy!

Where did he say that? Looked through all 7 of his posts and he doesn't mention that?

FunnyStarSystem
6 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Where did he say that? Looked through all 7 of his posts and he doesn't mention that?

Just fanciful speculation, lol.

@TheGingerFerret do you work with this guy, perchance?

deju
59 minutes ago, FudgyDocker said:

Then again, it could've been a load of old bullshit just to test us....

Flipside: trying to SELL it as gen.

The thought crossed my mind, far too relaxed over buying a gen money watch from a mate