joeyjoejoe206

Noob Seadweller with A2836 mvt, cannot set hands

joeyjoejoe206

Morning all, 

Long time lurker - very rare poster, but necessity has forced me to seek help. I have a couple of watches that I rotate in my collection, this morning I put on my Noob Sea Dweller, gave it a few winds and then went to set the hands, but no matter how hard I pulled on the stem, I couldn't get the hands to engage, no hacking, nothing, I cant change the date either.

From what I can see the crown has pulled out as far as it should, but no engagement on the date or hands.

its a clone 2836, any ideas would be welcomed. I will open it up when I get home and start having a poke around.

Thanks in advance.

joeyjoejoe206

ouch, that does look quite involved - im more than happy to have a go - I will have to read around it a bit more first. 

Ill get the back of and take some pics tonight, is it easily diagnosed visually?

NCRich

Not from the back, but your symptoms are pretty obvious. Usually happens when you are trying to release the stem from the movement, or put it back.  But sometimes one of the parts that places tension on the whole assembly to hold it together just breaks.  If its broken rather than just slipped then you would need the part.

• Like 1

tonyh7

Unless you know what you’re doing it’s fairly easy to bugger the watch up resetting the keyless works. I’d seriously consider finding a rep friendly watch smith, who would also be able to source a replacement part if anything is broken.

• Like 1

tribefan

Not a job that I would try, but that's just me. Here's a video of a complete teardown and service of a clone 2824. At 10 minutes in he rebuilds the keyless. Not all that terribly complicated, but getting to it can be. Good luck!

Rokerite
28 minutes ago, tonyh7 said:

Unless you know what you’re doing it’s fairly easy to bugger the watch up resetting the keyless works. I’d seriously consider finding a rep friendly watch smith, who would also be able to source a replacement part if anything is broken.

This, there are watchmaker's listed on the forum that do repairs, they know what they are doing and they probably wouldn't charge a lot for a simple (to them) job.