Urminme

Swapping bezels

Urminme

Hey gents!! Been a while, wife had our second baby recently as well as my self finishing a specific school for a new career. I had a quick question regarding bezel swaps. I had purchase a very nice BP 16610LN from trustytime back a few years. I have looked into my query regarding swapping and metal bezel for the 16610ln and upgrading to a 116610LN ceramic, however I have found fuck all but I'm stupid to begin with so maybe a post has already been made. Let me know gents if you know of this being feasible. I am also so saddened to hear of the loss of two fine gentleman and profound members of this form, one of which being the founding member. I read of a watch that is available for purchase to commemorate his life, if still avalible I'd love to help any way 

GenTLe

Well, considering the cases are well different between 116610 and 16610, why would you, it would look like a mish-mash, even if feasible (which I don't have a clue if possible).

Urminme
24 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Well, considering the cases are well different between 116610 and 16610, why would you, it would look like a mish-mash, even if feasible (which I don't have a clue if possible).

I was trying to make my own little Frankenstein build, I didn't know if anyone knew of a company who makes a ceramic insert of the 16610 I do enjoy the metal bezel but it gets fucked so quickly 

Rokerite

As Gentle says, why would you? I do not think the ceramic insert would sit properly in a 5 digit bezel asssembly anyway as the ceramic bezel is considerably thicker and would protrude past the bezel assembly. Just buy a new aluminium insert and replace when damaged. Or sell the 5 digit m2m and buy a 6 digit with a ceramic bezel already installed.

Edited by Rokerite

GingerApple

To answer your question, nope, sorry.

To draw an analogy highlighting how weird I think the question is: I've got a 1979 Porsche 911, but in my tiny two-seater, there just isn't enough room for passengers. I really like the modern Cayenne and that has loads of room. Does anyone know where I can buy the rear seats and rear doors of a Cayenne so I can fix them to my 911 to make it larger?

NCRich

Whilst I don't agree with the reasoning put forth by the ferret you won't find a ceramic bezel that will fit. 

k4jun

It won't blend. 16610 case and 116610 case do use the different bezel assembly, also inserts are different.