trissoryen

Which AP 15400 to choose - URGENT help please

trissoryen

Hi guys, in need of some quick assistance from you experts. I’ve been given the option to choose between an JFv4 AP 15400 (in white dial) with a miyota 9015 movement and a JFv3 AP 15400 (in black dial) with a 2824 movement. I’m not much of an expert and I have no plans of modding. The black will be £10 more but wanted to get some opinions from you all first. 

Which one would be a better choice? Thanks!

1iYZJ.jpg 1i1dW.jpg 1iIuo.jpg 1iqnk.jpg 1iyIP.jpg

PostMaster

Once you go bla...

They both nice to be honest, sorry no help lol. All the best & show us a wrist shot once purchased :D

Member X

Is the white dial bezel scratched around the 5-o'clock position?

deju

Dial flaw to save a £10.... wonderful 

GingerApple

Where are these watches coming from? They're presumably both second hand (at least).

GenTLe

Quite sure there is no JF V3 with 2824, JF started with Miyota, plus look at those strap endlinks, they don't fit the case properly.  Get the white, fix its scratches if you are able and put it on a proper bracelet.

• Like 2

GingerApple

The black one's just a gate cheapie by the look of it. I'm not sure the whites much better tbh. Are you being offered them for peanuts? If not, walk away.

trissoryen
20 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

Quite sure there is no JF V3 with 2824, JF started with Miyota, plus look at those strap endlinks, they don't fit the case properly.  Get the white, fix its scratches if you are able and put it on a proper bracelet.

It came with Miyota 9015 but was changed to a 2824... at least that’s what the seller told me. 

1 hour ago, deju said:

Dial flaw to save a £10.... wonderful 

What’s the flaw, mate?

10 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

The black one's just a gate cheapie by the look of it. I'm not sure the whites much better tbh. Are you being offered them for peanuts? If not, walk away.

You reckon? I’m told it’s a JFv3  and the white is a JFv4 (seller verified on Reddit). Paid £300 so not cheap at all! Do I change to the white?

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, trissoryen said:

You reckon? I’m told it’s a JFv3  and the white is a JFv4 (seller verified on Reddit). Paid £300 so not cheap at all! Do I change to the white?

Walk away. Walk away now and put the seller on your 'Scammer' list.

The black one looks a lot worse than these:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/12-color-luxury-watch-41mm-15400-mechanical/484157144.html?skuAttr=1072875:2071941#s1-10-1;searl|1092562740:12

Edited by TheGingerFerret
Wrong link
  • Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
36 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Walk away. Walk away now and put the seller on your 'Scammer' list.

The black one looks a lot worse than these:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/12-color-luxury-watch-41mm-15400-mechanical/484157144.html?skuAttr=1072875:2071941#s1-10-1;searl|1092562740:12

Wait, 1 for $1.01, 5 + for $1.00 or 9 + for $.99? 

Da fuk?

There's your solution OP. Buy a gross and just change 'em as they stop running. Hell, maybe I should buy them all and rent a stall on Canal Street!

Otherwise follow GenTLe's advice if there's no chance of a refund.

GingerApple
31 minutes ago, funnystarsystem said:

Wait, 1 for $1.01, 5 + for $1.00 or 9 + for $.99? 

No, it's just that Gate thing where you have to click an option, then you get the real price which is £80 ish. Try putting one in your basket for the real price.

trissoryen
1 hour ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Seller has provided proof of purchase for the white one - JFv4. He hasn’t got the email for the black one unfortunately. I’ve asked for more pics (partially because he’s a trusted seller on a diff forum) so let’s see...

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, trissoryen said:

He hasn’t got the email for the black one unfortunately.

Surprising that.....

Well, there's nowt more I can add other than I hope it works out for you, good luck.

FunnyStarSystem
5 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

No, it's just that Gate thing where you have to click an option, then you get the real price which is £80 ish. Try putting one in you're basket for the real price.

Is that what you fellas are doing on there all day long - the masterbate and switch?

Be careful not to catch something, they'll sack you from serving hors d'oeuvres at that Liberal Club.

• Like 1

trissoryen
23 minutes ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Surprising that.....

Well, there's nowt more I can add other than I hope it works out for you, good luck.

Saved me £300, mate! Got the refund. I think I’ll just get a JLC Ultra Thin Moon directly from a TD with that cash. 

• Like 3

FunnyStarSystem
6 minutes ago, trissoryen said:

Saved me £300, mate! Got the refund. I think I’ll just get a JLC Ultra Thin Moon directly from a TD with that cash. 

Glad of the outcome but confused - they sell reps on Reddit? I'm so out of the loop these days!

Yes, stick to the TD's and M2M on the rep boards I would imagine, what are the rules on Reddit and does anyone enforce them?!?

trissoryen
6 minutes ago, funnystarsystem said:

Glad of the outcome but confused - they sell reps on Reddit? I'm so out of the loop these days!

Yes, stick to the TD's and M2M on the rep boards I would imagine, what are the rules on Reddit and does anyone enforce them?!?

Yes mate, rules are well enforced. The black one, being sold by the seller, wasn’t actually posted On reddit - I bought the white one which was posted (which is in fact a JFv4) and he brought up that he had the black one. I think sticking to M2M here would be a better option, although I have purchased a couple of decent watches from Reddit. 

• Like 1

FunnyStarSystem
51 minutes ago, trissoryen said:

Yes mate, rules are well enforced. The black one, being sold by the seller, wasn’t actually posted On reddit - I bought the white one which was posted (which is in fact a JFv4) and he brought up that he had the black one. I think sticking to M2M here would be a better option, although I have purchased a couple of decent watches from Reddit. 

Interesting, I did not know that. But I am an Old, or very nearly so now! Off to check for Rocket Pods on Reddit, I've been lost ever since they shuttered Silk Road.

• Like 1

Jasonbaylee

Buy the white dial

Glaude

:lol: There's hardly any rules on Reddit and there's no trusted anything

Forums have power to enforce decisions over to TD, Reddit doesn't have that power over them.

The guys running the rep watch Reddit are nice and cool guys, you can trust them, but the people wandering about and offering stuff for sale are to be avoided.

Unless they are member of any rep forum and agree to close the deal over there.

M2M can go wrong even on forum so I let you imagine on Reddit

• Like 1

CurioLeo

For the record, there is absolutely no JF with a 2824 and swapping a Miyota with 2824 is not a direct swap - a lot of fucking around without guaranteed success at the end. Anyone who puts that forward without full disclosure of the background effort is potentially very dodgy 

• Like 1