Sign in to follow this  
Marg

Newbie from Port Macquarie, Australia

Marg

Hello all

"Champagne taste on a beer budget" pretty much sums up this newbie. I know nothing about replica watches as far as what is good quality (movements, workings, etc.) and what's not; I do, however, know what I like in terms of style and appearance.

Rado has long been a favorite look for me, although I've never had the funds to actually get one on my wrist (I've bought the cruddy Balinese knock-offs of just about every other quality brand) so I'm sourcing new options. If I can find great quality watches at reasonable prices then I'll be a happy camper.

Any and all advice and information is more than welcome and if I make a couple friends along the way, then that's a bonus.

Cheers!

mulder

Welcome from a few hours south of you. Sit back and do a lot of reading, ask the questions and all will be revealed.

You may have to cut back on the beer once the bug bites.

Cheers

David

Luthier

I don't think you'll find many Rado repped, this brand is not too popular. But you can try, ofcourse.

Welcome to the Forum, you'll find many Aussies here.

wat44

Newcastle here - welcome

im not sure about rado... - what else do you like?

Marg

Hi, wat44, thanks for the welcome. I've just always liked the look of Rado, but am also always open to suggestion; Longines, Patek Phillippe, Franck Muller are a few brands I've liked the looks of. It'll probably take me some time just to get to know what's around, then I can ask questions and go for my life based on the replies and advice I get.

Marg

Hi Luthier, thanks for the welcome. What is it about Rado that makes them unpopular? It's just a look I've been quite fond of and was always under the impression that the real McCoys are quite a good buy.

Balad1

Welcome and Aloha from Hawaii

Marg

Thanks, David. My eyes are open as wide as they'll go and I'm soaking up as much info as I can.

Marg

Thank you and aloha to you; we've just returned from Honolulu on Saturday. It was a bit tough to come back to cold and rain after the beautiful warmth we had in Hawai'i, both weather-wise and from the people. Mahalo!

Nisv

Hi Marq, welcome :)

Just like you, I also have a taste for "never have and never will be"- reps, which I think is basically a good thing, on

account of my economy that is ;)

pfcdre

Hi Marq and welcome from portsmouth,Uk, glad you not mentioned Rolex yet lol, have a look at the trusted dealer sites mate Replicamake88 is quite good, in that you can look at each make of watch and get an idea of what you like, ie mont blanc

ulysee nardin etc, and pics are pretty good.Dont forget to look at some of the sticky posts, like the one on watch movement differences etc its really helpful, good luck mate and dont rush in to anything till you feel sure.Enjoy :) cheers

Del

Hello and welcome! :ttiwwop:

Fiddo

Hello! B)

Welcome!

photog

Hey...Hello there. I used to work on cruise liners in the 90's and dated a lovely wee thing from Port Macquarie....make her sound like a wee animal.....Welcome tp ya

pollux1

Hi and welcome! Ask the dealers about Rado reps, there apparently are a lot of them on account of their popularity amongst many Asian men, I've personally seen a few and they looked to be good quality. :facepalm: