Sign in to follow this  
MikeMcNair

downfromtheglen's "new" pam homage from jackson.....

MikeMcNair

so when this watch arrived it was about 5 min a day fast (or slow, i dont remember) and he asked me to regulate it.

aside from regulation, while it was in i took it upon myself to re-brush all finishes as well and polish those that needed it.

i also resealed the caseback, fixed the loose crown guard (as it now has a nice positive "click", even thought it has a VERY NICE roller ball clasp) and adjusted the deployant with graphite.

basically, she feels perfect, and was set up within 5-7 + - per day, which actually was the BEST i could get out of this movement for some reason. its as if thee is a sweet spot, and that's it ( my 2836 loses 1 sec every 27 days, so i am a little disappointed with the outcome, but honestly, it is actually within reasonable specs to a GEN watch, so we agreed this was good.

here are the pre-packaging pix, and the packaged pix. i am pleased with the outcome, and i hope Glenn is as well.

ca758ea3.jpg

23e66cb9.jpg

c4266619.jpg

polished and cleaned the lug bars.......

f7cb8853.jpg

here is the perfectly refinished case and bracelet. after wearing it for a while, and seeing it when it came in, i NEEEDED to refinish the materials on this turkey......

08235a96.jpg

31fa5842.jpg

44fc8bb6.jpg

2d8e81d9.jpg

8979cecd.jpg

e6ea0b86.jpg

2a5c38c0.jpg

f6976171.jpg

1eb7d5a5.jpg

dfd6efec.jpg

16ccd6ed.jpg

c18d95b9.jpg

aff6a70d.jpg

56d4e7e4.jpg

e47da335.jpg

2ac7f943.jpg

730efce8.jpg

2ac7f943.jpg

e47da335.jpg

56d4e7e4.jpg

Balad1

Great job Mike, you da man!

MikeMcNair

thanks ted, it really wasn't anything big, but just enough to make her brand new again. oh, and she tells time no, which is ironic for a "watch" these days :)

carlton

The crystal is something, nice piece.

Luthier

What a strange bracelet for PAM... Is it IWC bracelet?

Job done great, Mike, by the way!

KeNnY
What a strange bracelet for PAM... Is it IWC bracelet?

Job done great, Mike, by the way!

you can get this bracelet from ebay for around 60USD. Just search "24mm brushed bracelet"

Great job Mike ! :finger:

downfromtheglen

Mike was awesome through this whole process. He sent daily updates via text message, and even answered some stupid questions. Mike, you've gone above and beyond. It looks great and I can't wait to get it back on my wrist! THANKS!!!!!

BTW, the bracelet was $40 on the bay, from bandfever. It has the same brushed finish as the MM case, and IMO, it looks pretty nice.