Sign in to follow this  
mtt.tr

kit

mtt.tr

i have seen a kit for watch makers comes with movement and tools is there and places i can get a movement which is already in pieces so i can have a go at building one possibly with instructions :P i have always wanted to do this but have never had the opportunity before.

im looking for either manuel or automatic.

Thanks

trailboss99

I would sugest signing up for TimeZone's watchmakers course (50 odd dollars last time I looked). You will need to buy some tools (the ones they sell tend to be a little expensive IMO) and buy an ETA movement ($50) to work on but you will learn how to strip and rebuild it. The course fee includes unlimited email support from an accredited instructor. Cases to fit these MVTs are available from a few places including TZ themselvs. This course is simply the best and easiest way of learning basic watchmakeing skills. If you wish you can then go on and do the second course that covers chronograph MVTs and complications.

Col.

mtt.tr

i would but sadly i live in the uk.

trailboss99

Not a problem mate. It's an internet based course and is available anywhere in the world. Buy your tools and movement from Cousins.

Col.