BroDrTime

Hello To All! NEWBIE HERE

BroDrTime

Hello, I'm new here and wrote a really great introduction using Microsoft Word but for some reason can't copy and past it here. So I spent about 30 minutes on that, I'll have to give a condensed version. I'm looking to learn as much as I can about the best TD's, Factories, and Rep Watches that last (about 6 years or longer). Ask me anything cause I'm an open book. I am a father, Army vet, grad student, and closer to mortality every passing moment than I care to be.

Cheers! 

Edited by broDrTime

ShovelnTC

Welcome mate, yes it can be frustrating when that happens.

Lots to learn and pretty much any of the mid to high end Reps will last that long and even many of the cheapies.

BroDrTime

Yep but it's all sorted now, I'm glad to be a part of a community of experts! 

ShovelnTC

Well some of us think we're experts but others actually are:D

• Like 1

Intresting

Welcome.   Have you read the newcomers section yet?   :)

BroDrTime

I've read the introductory message from the RWGAdmin but not the official newcomer's section yet. Where is that? :Thinking: Actually it looks like I was able to find it.! I will thoroughly read it after tomorrow's exam is over haha. 

Edited by broDrTime
found the newbie section

RussP
1 hour ago, broDrTime said:

Experts?

That pretty much sums it up for the majority.

However, there are some that cannot be placed in any such category.

They're insanely unique.

I refer to @TheGingerFerret

@Thommo82

@Jibuti

@onzenuub

@Intresting

• Like 1

BadPickle

:lol: welcome to the forum

BravoDelta

Welcome @broDrTime  You'll find two kinds of members here, those with many watches and those that will have many watches so...bring your wallet!  :throwingmoney:

• Like 1

Bbsee

Welcome to the hobby/forum @broDrTime

You'll find pretty much all of the information you need lying around somewhere on the forum.

Everyone is super friendly (except for when we ask questions that have already been asked elsewhere on the forum) haha - I learnt after asking a few of these.

Tip - first search for keywords on here, and if nothing comes up, then post a thread and members will be happy to answer and help :)

Jibuti
1 hour ago, RussP said:

Experts?

They're insanely unique.

@Thommo82

@Jibuti

@onzenuub

@Intresting

yup.... you too can bugger off son, you are pretty special character too!!

:)

:)

• Like 1

GingerApple
2 hours ago, RussP said:

They're insanely unique.

@Thommo82

@Jibuti

@onzenuub

@Intresting

I think you really need to divide that list into subgroups: 'The Amusing Insane', 'The Criminally Insane', 'The Conspiracy Theorist', 'Bounty' etc.

• Like 1

Mr_B
3 hours ago, broDrTime said:

Let me know of you find one :lol:

• Like 1

BroDrTime

Lol I see we have some very interesting characters here indeed. I'm happy to be counted among them hopefully. Today is going to be a busy one, the first round of exams since the break and quarantine so wish us luck. I'll be back later today!

Thommo82
4 hours ago, RussP said:

Experts?

They're insanely unique.

@Thommo82

@Jibuti

@onzenuub

@Intresting

My piece of advice; do not trust anyone on this list in any way shape or form.

Be on the look out for @brang1 too as it seems he developed the Corona virus.

Welcome to the forum, best watch site in the universe 

• Like 1

brang1
3 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

My piece of advice; do not trust anyone on this list in any way shape or form.

Be on the look out for @brang1 too as it seems he developed the Corona virus.

Welcome to the forum, best watch site in the universe 

took years of study, swilling copious amounts of Corona's at BBQ's and the like to finally form my plan for world domination... that and its hard to get pissed on Corona's. Like drinking cordial. This is when I, the evil nemesis spin round on my chair, whilst stroking @Thommo82 purring on my lap 

RussP

This poor fellow  probably thinks we're all being serious.

It's just another side-effect of Covid-19  :D

BroDrTime

Hahaha that's hilarious and no worries I understand it's all in good fun. That's what makes a community great. There's people out there that won't even touch Corona beer because they really do believe it is somehow contaminated lol.  @brang1 I agree completely beer is fun, but it's really more of a social drink, I'm a whiskey guy myself, preferably J.Walker gold, or a good 18 yr Scottish or Japanese single malt of blend, I don't mind to try :D.

Edited by broDrTime

SteveA

Welcome to the madhouse,where you from as you say you e got past the quarantine 

TurdNugget

What's up fuckin turd nuggets.  Happy to be here

BroDrTime

@SteveAI'm originally from Texas brother. I decided to join the military after high school to support my family (married at 19), while serving I was able to travel to Germany, Thailand, and South Korea, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Chicago, and Florida. After serving for 6 years I decided to leave the military for a while (found myself divorced 2 years after that) and began undergrad in San Diego California and then for my last two semesters completed a bachelor's in Biology back in Texas at my parents Alma mater.  Soon after I applied to graduate schools, specifically for pharmacology, and now live in Massachusetts and am currently in my last academic semester before rotations. 

I wish I had a lot more time to dedicate to the forums and to research so everyone will have to forgive me if I continually ask dumb, brazen, or ignorant questions. However, I have found many helpful resources on my own. And it was much easier to become a member of these forums relative to RWI as I could not get my email to be verified and received the original verification email far too late. 

BroDrTime

Can anyone online, be willing to help me make a purchase? I'm being allowed to purchase a beautiful vintage-Esque Daytona Cosmograph with a cartel base, aged dial, hands, case, and bezel (work done by OldWatchGuy from RWI). The movement is an Asian Venus 75, with Chrono hour hand frozen, but the min. and second-hand works. 

This is the original post from Reddit, but I see that the watch photos link is no longer working :-/

Psssniper

My advice?

Become a supporter at RWI & RWG  read all the sub-forums that pertain to your interests, follow rabbit trails as you read. Ask questions in the appropriate sub-forums, not in the shoutbox. It appears that you are a student so this read, research and study routine should be second nature. Reddit? Never really spent any time there myself but those we tend to see popping in at RWI & RWG and being complete arses seem to be reddit folks.

Mucatinter

Hi everyone 
my name is Jose and I am 17
I'm a huge fan of good watches