BroDrTime

Looking for US Based Watch Repair Smith

BroDrTime

Hello everyone, 

Sorry to be a bother I'm new here as you can tell by my post history lol. I've scoured the forums and asked around and have been lead here. My last bastion of hope, I am looking for a US-based watch repair service for a https://www.theonewatches.ru/index.php?route=product/product&path=443&product_id=3032. I received this beautiful watch from Steve about a week ago after a months-long but patient wait, and unfortunately, the movement and Chrono decided to poop out on me after a few days. I believe it's just a run of bad luck and I'm hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction of who can help repair this watch. I would also like to add that Steve has been very accommodating and professional throughout this ordeal and recommended that I come to you guys! He's still my number one guy, although, he's also my first ever TD, and this is my first ever Rep-Watch haha. I have already messaged Katt and unfortunately, he does not work on this specific Asia 7750 Valjoux working chronograph movement. 

Best,

-BroDrTime 

BadPickle

What’s the issue with it? 

You’ll struggle to find anyone who will work on rep chrono’s as they can be pretty problematic, might be worth asking steve if you can return it to China for a repair,  he may do it under warranty as it’s still pretty new.

• Like 1

BravoDelta

Have you tried giving it a little whack ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?

:DeadHorse:

• Like 1

BroDrTime

Hello bros,

Yep, I gave a good shake and a light whack, I'm a child of the 85's era so back in my day we hit the side of the TV and that fixed it pretty good for a while. No luck this time around however. Yeah, Stever certainly has allowed me to mail it back but I need to find someone that can at least remove the bracelet portion from the watch. All local Watch Smiths are on lockdown until I suppose April 6th but that date varies from place to place I bet. What a time to be alive, count your blessings gents. Anyway, I will probably end up mailing it back to my man Steve as this may be the only viable option. Seems like people don't like to work on this particular movement.... which to me sounds like good money if I could somehow manage to learn everything about the movement and charge a fair price to fix em myself hahaha, Dream Big! 

Edited by broDrTime

NCRich

Yes, I don't buy these 7750 watches for this reason alone.  They are toast when they break.  I've had two break and I sent them both back to CN.  Took months and in both cases they sent a new watch, they didn't repair it.

10:10 Watch Repair

I can generally fix them. 

GingerApple
16 hours ago, broDrTime said:

I need to find someone that can at least remove the bracelet portion from the watch. 

Lol! :facepalm:

Seems like people don't like to work on this particular movement.... which to me sounds like good money if I could somehow manage to learn everything about the movement and charge a fair price to fix em myself hahaha, Dream Big! 

Based on the top quote buddy, you need to lower your expectations a bit, aim for something more realistic. Perhaps you should try to become US President? Maybe an astronaut?

I need to find someone that can at least remove the bracelet portion from the watch. 

Buy yourself a spring bar tool and it's a 10 second job.  You'd probably get it off with a toothpick! But if you're willing to pay from repair, perhaps drop 10:10 a PM.

Out of interest, did you break it by messing with the chronos or did it just go kaput by itself?

Whatever you do, good luck!

Mystery Shopper

Here is more on the A7750 problems & I think you bought a Daytona with seconds at 6. Try 10:10 Watch Repair to avoid the long wait involved returning the watch to China.