Swiss_goupil

A Swiss man lost in London

Swiss_goupil

Ladies and gentlemen,

quick intro about me, I m in my 40s, entrepreneur living in the suburbs of London, married with one little monster aged 4. I collect watches (gens and reps), drive a fast (but discrete) car and smoke cigars. I am a nutter for JP.Journe, L.Ferrier and Lange. I kick my balls every night before going to sleep when I think I could have bought a 5990 at list price few years ago... 

i have been a member of another rep forum for few months now and I have already learned a lot about nowadays reps. My first rep experience was in 2008 when I bought a Big Bang in Thailand... it was not great lol. having said that and being lockdown at home, I have signed up for Christian Lass watchmaking one to one and done most of that course already (on a seagull ST36). I have a ST2130 in the mail at the mo as I am quite interested to explore this hobby further 

any questions, please shot :)

• Like 1

GenTLe

Welcome! Let me envy you a bit... Which car do you drive? :)

GingerApple

Welcome, welcome!

You will struggle to find decent reps of your favourite brands for obvious reasons, but there are plenty of more everyday reps that are bang on.

In the meantime, let's have some pics of your current watches because :ttiwwop:

See you at the next London G2G perhaps (once Coronavirus is done)? I'll be the sneaky northerner stealing your Gens :thumbsup2:

Swiss_goupil
13 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Welcome, welcome!

You will struggle to find decent reps of your favourite brands for obvious reasons, but there are plenty of more everyday reps that are bang on.

In the meantime, let's have some pics of your current watches because :ttiwwop:

See you at the next London G2G perhaps (once Coronavirus is done)? I'll be the sneaky northerner stealing your Gens :thumbsup2:

Thank you for the warm welcome :) I know those reps do not exist or are of low quality (for now)

Fair enough re pics ! Here it goes (I will let you guys guess which is rep which is gen)

6c0uX.jpg

got two rep coming soon, a PP5711 white and a R.Dubuis Excalibur squeleton

Would love to join you guys at the next London G2G! 

• Like 1