Sign in to follow this  
robznet

Newbie from Wolverhampton

robznet

Hi all, joined some time ago looking for some information and advice on the rep watch scene. All I can say is that I have been totally blown away by the wealth of expertise and helpful topics on here, the tutorials are superbly done and a lot of you guys must put so much of your own time into this purely to educate others and to prevent scams and common mistakes when buying a rep! I take my hat off to you all.

I have owned a sub rep for over 3 years now - a cheapie with an asian 21j movement bought from China as a gift from a friend. It has been in daily use since then, I never expected it to work for more than a few months but here it is going into it's 4th year and still keeping very reasonable time! To be honest, I joined to see if I could source a new crown for it as the plating is now wearing off and exposing the brass underneath, the casing and bracelet are still in great condition though. From the posts that I have read there are probably hundreds of different crown/stem combinations for my watch, I would still like to get a replacement for it, what would I look for in terms of size etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated from you guys!

Anyway, this whole rep thing must be catching as I have just had my first order confirmed from silix prime! It's a sea***ter 45mm with orange bezel, it was on their special offers page and I just could not resist! Hopefully there are some images they sent me below (if I have mastered photobucket that is). I know it's not a great rep regarding the hands being a bit short and the all important logo being joined in a few places but it was cheap enough not to irritate the missus. I'm sure there will be more to come.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

My god - it worked! I just previewed it.

Great to be here and I hope to be around for a long time to come!!

Balad1

Great to have you join us, Welcome!

robznet

Wow! a welcome from Hawaii, thank you so much.

Balad1

You are welcome, what country do you live in?

robznet

In the UK - Wolverhampton is in an area called the West Midlands (middle of the country as the name suggests). Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Balad1

One thing to remember new UK brother.

U.S.A. members good

E.U. members bad

LOL

robznet

U.S.A. members good

E.U. members bad

LOL

Oh well - I suppose that puts me into the "bad" section here! Don't believe it though!

Just updated my profile to show where I am from, didn't think of that before - Doh!!!

Balad1

U.S.A. members good

E.U. members bad

LOL

Oh well - I suppose that puts me into the "bad" section here! Don't believe it though!

Just updated my profile to show where I am from, didn't think of that before - Doh!!!

It's a joke with the back and forth arguments we have with EU members on the continent; I'm just recruiting you to the dark side, LOL.

SeanusMaximus
In the UK - Wolverhampton is in an area called the West Midlands (middle of the country as the name suggests). Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Woopah man - im a stonesthrow away in shrewsbury! power to the midlands haha!

robznet

Hey the dark side sounds good to me but maybe I will just stick around and learn the ropes on the US/EU divide!

LOL

robznet

Well hello there seanusmaximus, Shrewsbury eh? Beautiful town and not many miles away from me. Might be an awful question to ask, but what football team do you support?

SeanusMaximus
Well hello there seanusmaximus, Shrewsbury eh? Beautiful town and not many miles away from me. Might be an awful question to ask, but what football team do you support?

Im afraid im a rugby man, and born in aberystwyth im a wales supporter haha! you a wolves man eh? one of my mates bums them an unhealthy amount!

Fiddo

Hello! :wave:

Welcome!

robznet

Yeah - Wolves man through and through (sorry!). Used to play rugby in my earlier years, still as big as I was then but now 54 yrs old, couldn't even entertain the thought anymore, great sport though!

SeanusMaximus
Yeah - Wolves man through and through (sorry!). Used to play rugby in my earlier years, still as big as I was then but now 54 yrs old, couldn't even entertain the thought anymore, great sport though!

Ah nice one, I played through school and college but got lazy with the workload at uni, but now im finished and awaiting placement £££....I can pursue my love for cameras and watches haha...!

what reps/gens do you own then?

Sean

robznet

Just got interested in the rep scene, got a sub rep (in my post above) and been lurking around since I joined, the one I have just bought is probably considered here as a "cheapie" but now I don't think there will be anything stopping me from getting some serious kit (as long as the missus don't get too stressed with me spending!).

SeanusMaximus
Just got interested in the rep scene, got a sub rep (in my post above) and been lurking around since I joined, the one I have just bought is probably considered here as a "cheapie" but now I don't think there will be anything stopping me from getting some serious kit (as long as the missus don't get too stressed with me spending!).

ah nice, im hoping to order a green sub soon, along with a panerai radiomir. makes you think really...the combined cost of the watches we all think 'ooh thats nice'...compared to the cost of a few reps....just boggling....

wat44

love the green sub - Ive got 3!

SeanusMaximus

hopefully got one on order with robert - any recommendations? what spec are yours?

robznet

Green sub - yes I agree totally. However I think my next rep buy will be a Mil***ss with the green sapphire - just stunning from every angle IMHO.

robznet

Hi Fiddo - thanks for the welcome!

robznet

Hi Fiddo - thanks for the welcome!

robznet

Double post - damn keyboard!!

Maybe operator error though! LOL

wat44

hopefully got one on order with robert - any recommendations? what spec are yours?

the original I have is form Reg, and my ceramic LV from Robert

Double post - damn keyboard!!

Maybe operator error though! LOL

yup - thats a PEBCAK problem , Ive seen that before

DeLaForce

Hey rob, welcome :wave:

....and btw my farther used to have a restaurant/bar in Wolverhampton called barolos like 20yrs ago lol is it still there or do you know anything about it, guess it depends on you're age too :)))) !!!!

Happy reading!