Sign in to follow this  
Balad1

Does RWG have a "Trusted Rep Repair Person"

Balad1

Are there any rep repairs the have earned trusted status that are located in the United States?

If not we need some who can not only do our individual repairs/servicing but U.S. warranty work for our dealers.

Sending reps back to China for warranty repair isn't the answer.

Thoughts?

powderfreak

Not a bad idea, but if you really want a watchsmith to carry out "warranty" (I am not sure whether you should actually call it warranty) works, you need to make a connection between all the dealers (or even one) and the watchsmith. This, at least to me, seems almost impossible (how are you gonna do this, are any dealers interested...?).

On the other hand, maybe we should open a thread where we collect all information about rep-friendly watchsmiths around the world. In the end we should should have at least a few on every continent. That's the first step, isn't it?

Balad1

I thought I saw on one or more of the other boards where some of their trusted dealers had you send warranty repairs to a US based repairer rather then back to China or Thailand.

SB56667
On the other hand, maybe we should open a thread where we collect all information about rep-friendly watchsmiths around the world. In the end we should should have at least a few on every continent. That's the first step, isn't it?

+1

powderfreak
I thought I saw on one or more of the other boards where some of their trusted dealers had you send warranty repairs to a US based repairer rather then back to China or Thailand.

Right, I read something about that, too. But I think it was the dealer himself that finds a watchsmith for a cooperation. Maybe that's wrong tho... Would certainly be cool to have a repairer somewhere around.

edwelly

I sure could use one right now. I know mikemcnair is supposed to be learning this art.

Rav747

Mike needs to step up his game :wave:

Balad1

Mike has been doing alot of free stuff for members and I trust him 100%, I would like him and/or someone else become trusted repairers. That way maybe they can strike a flate rate deal with the likes of Mary, Robert and Lay to do their warranty work and avoid shipping back overseas.

MikeMcNair

Rav, you are right, I need to make an effort to be more official.

As for servicing, it's me and GM in the US that can handle a 7750, aside from that I can lume, repair, calibrate, etc.

I have been trying to keep it low key for two reasons:

A) I am NOT a "trusted modder" on here and don't want to over step a boundry.

And B ) I am inundated with work ATM. I have 16 watches on the bench this second (most from this forum) and 4-7 coming every week. I am doing my best to be not only competitive, but also go beyond the customers expectations.

This is not something one just jumps into, it is something that takes time and trust, and only RESULTS and feedback can make this happen.

I am doing my best to fulfill the needs of members who ask of me, and I am honored to be there.

I have also established 3 connects for gen eta parts and hard to find 7750 movements and parts.

I will boast ONE thing: there has not been a watch sent to me that I could not fix. Sure, some have challenged me more than others, but I have yet to NOT be able to complete the simplest or most complex of tasks.

I hope I can be that person for all of you someday, until then, I'll work on the gens/reps on the bench at the moment :wave:

Balad1

@MikeMcNair, I hope you get to the point where you find you want to jump into the repair business with both feet and seek trusted status with RWG.

For us not to have a single trusted repair person in the United States for RWG is crazy.

Good luck

mspangl

If your in the US .. Katt, 14060or16610 or Ziggy ( At RWI)

Balad1

Good to know but RWG is my home and I'd like to stick with our people.

Luthier

+1M

MikeMcNair
+1M

George, what does "+1m" mean, and did you get my email?

prestigewatchco

Apart from Kat who I think is sensible

The other 2 are more expensive than the AD also Ziggy is very selective who he does work for so not really suitable for everyone.

To get a warranty network set up is not worth it $5-$7 gets the watch back to base in 7-10 days where all the parts are available to repair usually.

Finding the parts for reps outside Asia is going to be a huge problem

Trying to apply normal retail systems to reps will not work you buy reps because you don't want to pay for the real thing so expecting the same service to be available as with the gen is really not realistic . Thats why the gens cost so much because they build in the cost of the aftercare etc

Balad1

Apart from Kat who I think is sensible

The other 2 are more expensive than the AD also Ziggy is very selective who he does work for so not really suitable for everyone

I see what you mean Robert, repairer "14060or16610" movement servicing started at $100, wow.

I'm not saying his or anyone else's time isn't worth it but there is a tipping point on reps for sure.

stolikat

I use speedy. He is very fair in his pricing. He has repaired several of my watches and they always run like tops when I get them back.

http://www.wrist-check.com/forumdisplay.ph...dy-G-s-Workshop

The bottom line is if you want one of these guys to set up shop over here than you need to go and ask them.

Edited by stolikat

KeNnY

RWG NEEDS MODDERS AND REPAIRERS ! JOIN NOW TO BECAME CITIZEN !

Takken

stewzzy

How about repairs/servicing in the UK?? :wacko:

Balad1
How about repairs/servicing in the UK?? :wacko:

There is a repairer / modder listed for the UK on the home page.

gB.
I use speedy. He is very fair in his pricing. He has repaired several of my watches and they always run like tops when I get them back.

:D The "when" is the critical part with speedy. I wouldn't recommend him to US based customers unless you already have a long standing relationship with him over on RG. He is very slow with communications and will deprioritize your peice in his queue if any of his existing relationship customers send him something to work on. He's had my DW 6263 since Dec 9th 2010 and I am supposedly #1 in his queue. His communication has been averaging about once every 6-8 weeks, even after he's let me know there was an issue with a part (crown), which I sent a replacement promptly but no response for weeks. I've had to post a "what's up" thread in his section a couple times just to get a response on status of his "problem with parts" description listed in his queue. I don't get how he's maintained the name "speedy".... :rofl:

Katt (Gary) is very responsive and reasonably priced. GM (George) is more expensive, but top notch when it comes to A7750/7753 servicing, to whom I send all my A7750 "keeper" watches to for full servicing. He knows his stuff.

I know Lay uses a WS in Florida for his US customers' warranty work, but doubt he would share him with other dealers or openly share his contact info for forum member usage.

greg_r

GBOGH is right on the money.

It's very easy to say that we need more modders/watchsmiths. Finding them is the difficult bit. The guys that are already on the boards are so damn busy, they're not really looking for any more work. The last watchsmith we introduced to the forum quickly decided that he couldn't handle the extra business and quit.

Pass. We're on the lookout for watchsmiths and if we find someone reliable, you guys will be the first to know...