Sign in to follow this  
613Kid

PAM 360 Problems

613Kid

OK so originally when I got the PAM 360 from Mary it was DOA. But thanks to Robert at PWC he walked me through some troublshooting and we got it going (Thanks again Robert - Class Act!). I detailed that process here: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...c=13729&hl=

The watch has been working fine since then (About 7 weeks).

This morning I began to wind the watch and on the third turn of the crown, I kinda "felt something give" and the winding became much more noisy, not the usual clicking sound when winding. (I should also note that the watch was not ticking anymore IE: not running). I opened the case back and tried to poke at the gear under the balance wheel like I did when it was DOA but that did not do anything. I am not a watch hobbyist so I am over my head once a caseback is open in the first place but i did notice that when turning the crown this little piece was making some noise.

pams.jpg

Upon further isnpection I realized that the screw holding this in place was infact loose - once i touched it with my screwdriver it actually came out. So I made sure that the little spring/wire was in place then i put the plate back on then it put the screw back in and tightened it.

Then I started to wind it again. And this is what happens when i wind it now - see video 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2O8PSzvxIo

I turned it over and was shocked to see what was happening when I wound it - See video 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD-4mP2XKKQ

Does anyone have a clue as to what happened to my watch/ what i have done?

Please help!

613Kid

Silverspeed

I see that when you wind the watch, the centre wheel rotates...it shouldn't be doing that

It could be that the axis is broken

613Kid

Talked to Mary. Sent it back to her for replacement/repair. Had to send ExpressPost because the postal workers are set to strike midnight on Friday. $70 to ship just the head express to China. Good god that was expensive.

houndoggie

there is a disconnect in the gear train somewhere. When you are winding the crown, the full force of the mainspring is being unleashed on the hands, thus they spin really fast. I can see that the hairspring is not oscillating, thus the mainspring is not being regulated. In short, it is broken and needs to be fixed.

Talked to Mary. Sent it back to her for replacement/repair. Had to send ExpressPost because the postal workers are set to strike midnight on Friday. $70 to ship just the head express to China. Good god that was expensive.

You could have had it service locally for not too much more than that.

613Kid

Unfortunately I have had a very hard time trying to find someone local willing to work on reps. No one wanted to touch it because it was a rep or they did not feel comfortable with the 6497 mov't, and the ability to source parts. Believe me - I would much rather just drop it off to someone local.

houndoggie

Unfortunately I have had a very hard time trying to find someone local willing to work on reps. No one wanted to touch it because it was a rep or they did not feel comfortable with the 6497 mov't, and the ability to source parts. Believe me - I would much rather just drop it off to someone local.

REALLY??? it is one of the easiest movements to work on and parts are easily available.

613Kid

REALLY??? it is one of the easiest movements to work on and parts are easily available.

I am dead serious unfortunately. Otherwise why would I pay $70 and risk losing it by sending it back to China...

prestigewatchco

Why would you spend $70 sending it back when you could send it back for $7 ?

If the guy can't work on 6497 what can they work on it's the most basic watch movement ever the screws etc in watch making terms are like a diesel engine

613Kid
Why would you spend $70 sending it back when you could send it back for $7 ?

If the guy can't work on 6497 what can they work on it's the most basic watch movement ever the screws etc in watch making terms are like a diesel engine

I dont know what to tell you guys. Three different places and no one wanted to touch it. Maybe because it was a rep they were making excuses.

In regards to the price of sending it back, Canada post does not give you many options for International shipping. The post office offered me standard international mail (by boat) for $40 with no tracking ( i used this once before and it took 67 days for my watch to get back to Mary and there was no tracking number). The next option was XpressPost international with tracking - 9 business days - $70. This rep was almost $300 so I needed the peace of mind of tracking. cpost.jpg

Robert, please let me know what company will ship a parcel weighing 125 grams from Canada to China for $7. I would love to use this service next time.

prestigewatchco

Here you are Kid

Find a Postal CodeFind a Rate Ship-in-a-clickFind a Post OfficeTrackMore »

Print This Result | ? Help

You were looking for

A Rate From To Length Width Height Weight

V5X 2S3 China 24.50 cm 15.00 cm 0.50 cm 200.000 g

Find Another

We found

Hide Details

International Letter-post See Postal Guide for Delivery Standard

$7.20

Options

Registered $13.95

Advice of Receipt $1.75

Rate Summary

Base Price $7.20

Coverage* Included

Fuel Surcharge $0.00

Options $0.00

Tax $0.00

Total $7.20

*Coverage Details: Up to $60.00 included if registered.

Xpresspostâ„¢ - International P

613Kid
Here you are Kid

Find a Postal CodeFind a Rate Ship-in-a-clickFind a Post OfficeTrackMore »

Print This Result | ? Help

You were looking for

A Rate From To Length Width Height Weight

V5X 2S3 China 24.50 cm 15.00 cm 0.50 cm 200.000 g

Find Another

We found

Hide Details

International Letter-post See Postal Guide for Delivery Standard

$7.20

Options

Registered $13.95

Advice of Receipt $1.75

Rate Summary

Base Price $7.20

Coverage* Included

Fuel Surcharge $0.00

Options $0.00

Tax $0.00

Total $7.20

*Coverage Details: Up to $60.00 included if registered.

Xpresspost™ - International P

That is based on lettermail. They would not allow me to ship it as a letter - it had to go as a parcel for some reason. Obviously I would have rather shipped it for $7, but I was never given the option. Fuck i hate being taken advantage of. And because of this looming postal strike I felt like I had to send it immediately. Argh. Expensive lesson learned.

houndoggie

crap, what the hell is wrong with the Canada Post system??? They charge ridiculous amounts and are as slow as piss!

I've shipped from USA to Singapore via International Express (guaranteed 2 days) insured for $2000 for only $75.

Sorry Kid.

prestigewatchco

Kid I get watches all the time back and I see anywhere from $5 to $25 on the postage stamp I check the dates and there is usually less than 2 days difference. And the ones that get sent for $40 priority or EMS take a month to get here at best due to them being held in customs

sconehead

...looking at the second vid you posted with the hands going crazy, it seems when you nudged the gear under the balance (escape wheel) you have dislodged/broken it...either that or the pallet fork...these are the two parts, along with the balance itself that control the rate of release for the mainspring...

...this could help, http://www.eta.ch/swisslab/6497/6947.html

level z

my gut feel the fault is from the pallet fork .. either jewels fell off or pallet fork dislodge ....a noob's opinion ...

Edited by level z

MikeMcNair

I have all parts in stock to fix this, and am in PA USA. This appears to be a 40 dollar fix (from what I can see, including parts, EXCLUDING shipping)

I'm here if ya need me