Sign in to follow this  
Caliper

So far, the A7750 is...

stradale

May be a silly question, but can you manual wind an A7750? I just picked up a PAM253 rep from Mary and while the watch works when wound on the wrist, it doesn't seem to take a manual wind. I tried several gentle turns, clockwise with the crown guard open...

It seems people think this is not a good thing for the movement, but shouldn't this work?

Thanks...

Luthier
OMG Luthier !!!

Now that's a watch collection I REALLY envy. Can I ask you what model Brietling is that,top box picture, top row 4th watch from the left ?

It looks like a blackbird chrono, at least by the band. I've been looking for that watch for ever and I can't find one with that smaller link bracelet. What model is it and where did you get it ?

Thx,

Peter

It's only half of my watches, Peter. This Breitling is SOSF (SuperOcean SteelFish) Day/Date, extremely rare watch, I think I'm the only one, who has it. No A7750 version, only Quartz, hard to find, but Mary did it. Surprisingly great quality.

:bsmeter:

Just shot a few pictures for you.

01-32.jpg

02-23.jpg

03-30.jpg

04-30.jpg

TonyTheSpy

It isn't recommended that a chrono running continuously. This is bad even for a swiss 7750 gen, I guess to a rep will be much more damaging.

David543
May be a silly question, but can you manual wind an A7750? I just picked up a PAM253 rep from Mary and while the watch works when wound on the wrist, it doesn't seem to take a manual wind. I tried several gentle turns, clockwise with the crown guard open...

It seems people think this is not a good thing for the movement, but shouldn't this work?

Thanks...

Yes you can manual wind an A7750. I have been doing it for 5 years!

fel66

To avoid damaging the delicate mechanisms of the Valjoux 7750b1 movement you need to follow the instructions listed below to take care of it:

If your Valjoux 7750b1 has DATE function, DO NOT ADJUST the date when your time is between 10:00 to 3:00. It will damage the internal gears unknowingly if you do that. The BEST WAY is to manually adjust the time to 6:00 and then adjust the DATE after that.

If you are using the chronograph functions of the Valjoux 7750b1, always make sure that to start the stopwatch, you depress the pusher button on top and also to STOP the stopwatch, depress the same pusher button.

REMEMBER: START & STOP is TOP Pusher Button

ONLY after you STOP the stopwatch, then you depress the lower pusher button to RESET the stopwatch function. DO NOT DEPRESS the lower pusher button when the stopwatch function is running. ONLY Depress the lower pusher button after you STOP the chronograph.

If you follow the instructions carefully, your watch will last you a long time. Naturally watches may not last a lifetime since they aren't made to COSC standards and neither are they SWISS GENEVE made or stamped.

Remember a replica is always a replica but do enjoy them as at a fraction of the cost, these cosmetically perfect replicas are a joy to wear, aren't they?Some additional 7750/7750b1/7753 information*Please read them before u play with your watch that has above movement1. How do you set date on 7750 or 7753 or 7750b1 or any movt with date chrono/ automatic?Do not activate the chrono until you have done all these steps as mentionedWhen you receive your piece, please remember to handwind the piece for about maybe 50 rounds, so to generate enough power reserve.

Then you shake the piece like a "mad cow" for 3-4 minutes to generate more power reserve (If necessary)Then pull the crown out to adjust the hour hand manually to determine when is am/pm. See the date change - then you will know when is am/ pm.

Make sure you know when is am/ pm before you proceedMake sure you do not adjust the date between 10pm-3am ever!!! Do not ask me why because it just works this way. if you adjust between 10pm-3am, the date will jam or go half way. After u have confirmed the am/ pm.u can adjust the crown to get to the desired date you want. As for the timer hand to reset back to zero, it is pure luck you may have perfect reset, or less than perfect reset.

My Genuine rolex Daytona did not reset back to zero after 3 months. By the way, make sure everytime you activate chrono, you have enough power reserve. Have fun!!

(TIMESSHOP)

Edited by fel66

PeterWorcester
OMG Luthier !!!

Now that's a watch collection I REALLY envy. Can I ask you what model Brietling is that,top box picture, top row 4th watch from the left ?

It looks like a blackbird chrono, at least by the band. I've been looking for that watch for ever and I can't find one with that smaller link bracelet. What model is it and where did you get it ?

Thx,

Peter

It's only half of my watches, Peter. This Breitling is SOSF (SuperOcean SteelFish) Day/Date, extremely rare watch, I think I'm the only one, who has it. No A7750 version, only Quartz, hard to find, but Mary did it. Surprisingly great quality.

:)

Just shot a few pictures for you.

Luth,

1/2 your watches ? WOW! , I have to sneak in one watch every so often or my wife would hang me by my privates. You my friend have a very very enviable collection. All the watches you posted in the two pics would be one's I'd definitely buy.

Thank you for the info on the Breitling. That is one sweet watch, I love that older Breitling bracelet with the smaller links. It reminded me of my gen Blackbird but I've never seen one like it before.

I'm going to have to ask Mary if she can still find these.

I would love to see some more pics of the rest of your collection sometime. You have great taste in watches.

Thanks for sharing and for the info on the Breitling.

Cheers,

Peter

Luthier

Thanks, Peter!

If Mary won't be able to find this SOSF DD for you (I doubt it, but...) you can buy it from this site, I know them personally, visited their office in GZ, and bought a few cheapies there, that I still have, and very pleased with prices and quality. They can attach any bracelet you want to this watch. Best source for good quaity cheapies ever.

http://www.goecwatch.com//ecwatch/List.asp?id=20473

http://www.goecwatch.com//ecwatch/List.asp?id=20443

http://www.goecwatch.com//ecwatch/List.asp?id=20442

http://www.watch321.com/List.asp?id=17412

http://www.watch321.com/List.asp?id=17395

Or with 21j:

http://www.watch321.com/List.asp?id=7593

Both websites belong to the same company. There's list of dealers on the left side, choose any. I personally talk with Sophia, she's very nice girl, and knows matches. Honey has bigger boobs, but you're married man...

:picard2: