Simonix

Polishing buckles

Simonix

Hi. 

I have polishing wheels, etc. I have quite often polished out scratches from various bits of metalwork including watches over the years. 

Thought I would offer up for any UK members, if you want a buckle polishing (maybe it’s scratched, or currently “brushed ss finish”), or maybe even a watch case itself, then PM me.

this example is a brushed ss buckle that came on my 388 from Popperini. I have now polished it to a mirro finish, to match the casework. 

BlpNn.jpg

Edited by Del
Edited some details out.
  • Like 4

MetalMickey

If you did this on some of the other forums you could set up a little business and charge a fortune. 

Gen spec brushing  when?

• Like 1

Redfire1066

:thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Popperini

Very shiny sir. And it's extremely kind of you to offer the service.

I have my own buffer/polisher - but I'm not prepared to offer her services to all in sundry, as that might mean I wouldn't get my tea on time.

• Like 4

Simonix
12 minutes ago, MetalMickey said:

If you did this on some of the other forums you could set up a little business and charge a fortune. 

Gen spec brushing  when?

I can do brushing as well, but can’t guarantee a perfect finish, so didn’t want to offer that. 

Bbsee

Very kind of you indeed @Simonix! Will keep this in mind.

Redfire1066

I use "Cape Cod", ...... and if it's a genuine Bona-fide item .....  ...and to get most out of your £££££ purchase ....... almost all high street brands and  franchised  point of sale outlets provide a free polishing service for the life of the watch...... never been re-fused in 35 years of purchases ......   ....... ... emm..... except in Al Karama :wetshave:

BadPickle

One for the plods I’d say.. 

you’re on sticky ground with regards to unhappy punters etc , did you get any authorisation for this? 

Let’s tag in a mod @Nickfive  to see his take on it :lmao:

• Like 2

splke
7 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

One for the plods I’d say.. 

you’re on sticky ground with regards to unhappy punters etc , did you get any authorisation for this? 

Let’s tag in a mod @Nickfive  to see his take on it :lmao:

Whooooooooooooooooooo.? :lmao:

• Like 2

Redfire1066

.......few years back now, I bought a very rough looking  Automatic Omega Seamaster of an old girl on the "Bay" the watch belonged to her husband who had passed...... I bought it for a couple hundred pounds...,  ..... it was very rough..... took it in to my local Omega Dealer and sent it off for an overhaul..... 6 weeks later I got it back from Omega..... holy shit..... thought they had sent me a new watch..... very impressive  £400 in total for the overhaul ..... I sold it on for £1625 .... contacted the old girl and sent her half the profits.... £££ ... it was listed by her neighbour for her ..........  she said it was the only thing she had ever sold online ...  .... but anything your dealer can do you can learn to try and do too .....  :Thinking:

• Like 1

BadPickle
18 minutes ago, splke said:

Whooooooooooooooooooo.? :lmao:

:rofl: 

Simonix

Maybe I should have posted that I will charge for this. 

probably would have got more interest. Funny old world isn’t it?!

Popperini

I was slightly spun out by @pickledbeetroot regenerating from one Doctor (disguised as a scarecrow all this time) to another. 

Rokerite
8 minutes ago, Popperini said:

I was slightly spun out by @pickledbeetroot regenerating from one Doctor (disguised as a scarecrow all this time) to another. 

I felt let down when I first met him at the Halifax gtg, I was expecting him to be in full Worzel Gummidge rig out. Now this...... I feel violated :D

• Like 1

Bill_C
Hi. 

I have polishing wheels, etc. I have quite often polished out scratches from various bits of metalwork including watches over the years. 

Thought I would offer up for any UK members, if you want a buckle polishing (maybe it’s scratched, or currently “brushed ss finish”), or maybe even a watch case itself, then PM me. I am happy to polish it up for you for free. You just need to pay the postage. 

this example is a brushed ss buckle that came on my 388 from Popperini. I have now polished it to a mirro finish, to match the casework. 

BlpNn.jpg

let me know if interested. 
Ya know, this is such a nice offer. I don't know many fora that have people willing to donate their time and talent so willingly.

Good on ya!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jibuti
1 hour ago, Simonix said:

Maybe I should have posted that I will charge for this. 

probably would have got more interest. Funny old world isn’t it?!

yes.... when you offer something for free lads get suspicious.... they think there are no good men left.

• Like 1

Del

@Simonix  While your gesture is a nice one, you can’t offer any kind of service like this, free or otherwise, without prior approval. And, to clarify, you will not be given such approval.

You have no idea how many people have started various watch-related services and who have ended up in an absolute mess,  normally resulting in some of our members losing items, money or both. So don’t take this personally.

Of course, members are free to send you anything they wish privately,  but RWG will not be involved in any way, shape or form.

As you were...

• Like 1

Simonix
4 minutes ago, Del said:

@Simonix  While your gesture is a nice one, you can’t offer any kind of service like this, free or otherwise, without prior approval. And, to clarify, you will not be given such approval.

You have no idea how many people have started various watch-related services and who have ended up in an absolute mess,  normally resulting in some of our members losing items, money or both. So don’t take this personally.

Of course, members are free to send you anything they wish privately,  but RWG will not be involved in any way, shape or form.

As you were...

Understood. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

Sorry guys, don’t want to step out of line on here. 

• Like 1

BadPickle
38 minutes ago, Simonix said:

Understood. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

Sorry guys, don’t want to step out of line on here. 

No biggie, it’s just recipe for disaster, there’ll always be someone who’ll say you’ve returned the wrong buckle/case or whatever saying theirs was diamond encrusted with flawless  gems as per the GIA scale and worth over 8000 usd/gbp and wants compensation from you. 

Great offer though and in a perfect world it would work.... but perfect world this isn’t sadly

• Like 1

GingerApple
1 hour ago, Del said:

While your gesture is a nice one, you can’t offer any kind of service like this, free or otherwise, without prior approval.

[ Spanks bottom]

1 hour ago, Del said:

And, to clarify, you will not be given such approval.

[Plunges knife through heart]

tribefan

Looks like @Glaude is definitely awake, lol.......

BX2Y3.png

• Like 1

Simonix

Honestly, No hard feelings here. 

I can understand how (unfortunately), it could put me in a difficult situation if heaven forbid something went wrong.

stay safe everyone. 

...and polish your own damn buckles! Hahaha! :D

• Like 3

FunnyStarSystem

It's a real shame @Simonix. I guess you can go ahead and send back that super rare, hand engraved solid platinum Patek deployant I mailed you.

Thanks! :D

• Like 1

Jibuti
19 minutes ago, Simonix said:

...and polish your own damn buckles! Hahaha! :D

do not advise it to ginger ferret-considering avatar he can not see nor reach his.... buckle....:lol:

• Like 1

Del
9 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

[ Spanks bottom]

[Plunges knife through heart]

Thanks for your interpretation.

[Delivers sarcastic gratitude]

;) 

• Like 1