Sign in to follow this  
gottahaverolex

Insulted by a watch salesman today, well....kind of

gottahaverolex

So I went to my local Fossil outlet today because my wife wants a cheap all white watch for the summer ( I tried to talk her into a J12 so don't even mention it!). I was wearing my PAM 213I on KH strap today, as soon as i walk through the door the guy at the counter says "That's a sweet Invicta man!". I said "WHAT!!!!", he said' yur watch bro, sweet Invicta!". LOL!!!! I said it's not an Invicta bud, It's a Panerai. He says "panawhat!?...what'd that run ya?" and proceeded to laugh. I, however, was not laughing because this guy has been working at this store for YEARS and says he's a watch fanatic and has talked my ear off several times about my Rolex reps. I told him before I collected reps and he was thrilled with the idea of this, however I didn't divulge that info this time because he thought I was wearing an Invicta. I wasn't mad or anything but it was kind of insulted to have my PAM compared to an Invicta HAHA!~

So I kept on looking after that horrible conversation was over and said I'd be back once my wife decided which piece of crap she wanted ( I took pics for her of all he choices which all look just like j12's :)) he said "cool bro and....really sorry about insulting you about your watch, I didn't realize what it was and didn't mean anything by calling it an Invicta. I laughed and said "it's all good bro, i never expected you to know what it was because it costs what you make in a year!" His fucking face was priceless, I think he shit his pants right then and there! I turned around and started to walk out the door and he just stood there looking stunned. I opened the door, turned around and said "I'm just messin' with you bro, it's a replica." I was just having some fun with the kid and I almost made him cry, all the girls working there we're laughing at him for making a fool of himself. I kinda feel bad but it was funny at the time.

dingle

great story :)

KBH

Good story. Glad you let him off the hook before you left.

Rav747

It's funny you mention j12 and yet she wanted a fossil. My brothers gf has the same thought. She is loves fossil and now Swiss army watches! :yoda:

But refuses to go for tag or omega.

gottahaverolex
Good story. Glad you let him off the hook before you left.

LOL! I'm the guy wearing the knock off, it just wouldn't have been right if I didn't tell him.

gottahaverolex

These were the least offensive they had. Left is composite and right is real ceramic.

6210841e.jpg

Luthier

Panawhat?

:rofl:

Yeah... exactly... it says all.

:yoda:

But I strongly oppose starting the post with "So".

:P

houndoggie

that fossil store has some messy shelves. Looks like the canal st. boutiques.

JohnG

That must be one shitty Pam rep if he thought it was an Invicta.

:thumbsup:

Caliper

haha, cool story, nice way to mess with him with a happy ending!

Del

:thumbsup2:

Funny story :thumbsup:

ThinkBachs

We all need to be treated like this sometimes. At least you didn't bet him $100 that he wouldn't go out an buy a gen.... :thumbsup:

David543

Great story, but I'm worried your wife doesn't want the J12 :blink: they are such good value and the ceramic and sapphire are perfect! £2k for £70!

How much was the ceramic Fossil?

gottahaverolex
Great story, but I'm worried your wife doesn't want the J12 ;) they are such good value and the ceramic and sapphire are perfect! £2k for £70!

$60 for either fossil. I didn't buy one yet because she hasn't decided. She doesn't want bling and all the j12's I could find for women has bling. If you can all help me find a blingless version in a wome's size case I'll buy it and surprise her!

Balad1

I bought this for the bride and she loves it.

Got it from Mary, great quality, quartz as is the gen, deployment buckle, no muss no fuss.

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

gottahaverolex
I bought this for the bride and she loves it.

Got it from Mary, great quality, quartz as is the gen, deployment buckle, no muss no fuss.

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

That's really nice looking! She's gotta have a all white watch with a ceramic or like bracelet that's white though. A blingless j12 would be the ideal find.

ImWatchingYOU

Funny story you had there. Sorry to say, but after my Gf saw this thread she also wants a j12, so you got me in trouble there ;) who is the best dealer to get a j12 anyways?

KeNnY

very nice story !! :) Maybe I will add soon also one, first I must wait the response.

Member X

Get a men's J12 - women are wearing bigger watches these days and the men's is non-bling ;)

David543
Funny story you had there. Sorry to say, but after my Gf saw this thread she also wants a j12, so you got me in trouble there :sh_h: who is the best dealer to get a j12 anyways?

I got the J12 for my daughter from Lay and its fantastic, she loves it to bits!

David543
Great story, but I'm worried your wife doesn't want the J12 :blink: they are such good value and the ceramic and sapphire are perfect! £2k for £70!

$60 for either fossil. I didn't buy one yet because she hasn't decided. She doesn't want bling and all the j12's I could find for women has bling. If you can all help me find a blingless version in a wome's size case I'll buy it and surprise her!

Thanks for the info. I got one from Lay - Replicamake. If you look at the feedback at the moment, you will seee pictures of a 38mm watch that is not blinged up someone has just bought! :sh_h:

Hope this helps. Watch I got from Lay has been fantastic.

trailboss99

Yeah, the damn Fosssil's all look like J12s anyway. I had a look at the Fossil store in Brisvegas a while back.

They sure know how to charge for their bags and stuff don't they? At what they charge here I could get two A+

rep LVs and change!

Col.

NFleischer

Yes Lays $78 J12 is a bargain- I bought a few. The women love them, and

they work well.