twall

Sterile Glide Lock

twall

I am looking to upgrade the Oyster band I have on my Andre Rivalle, (my avatar). I see there are several sterile Glide Locks on ebay. Does anyone have experiences with these bands? If not, can somebody guide me to a good, solid-link sterile 20mm Glide Lock? Thanks.

Bill_C

I bought one to replace the clasp on my Pagani sub. Its 19mm though, not 20mm. I like it a lot. Infinitely adjustable. Worth the $ IMO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

twall

That's what I wanted. I have a cheap Oyster. Stamped. Yuk. I have always loved the Glide-lock. I was going to get a Deep Sea, just because I loved that clasp. Too rich for me. I'm glad to see them out sterile. Just don't want to spend $65 on junk.

Thanks for the reply.

twall

Thank you.

twall

I didn't notice this before, but the clasp can be had on ebay by itself. Just google "glide lock" and it should be in the results. Too bad, it seems you can get the coolest part of the band at a third of the price. Non-branded sterile, but for $20 it might be a nice upgrade to your standard Oyster. I dunno. Bought the band with the Glide-Lock, will let you know what I think of it. If it's decent, I will buy three or four clasps alone to upgrade my oyster bands. The band I am replacing was just stamped and bent bleh. Cheap stuff. I will definitely let you know the overall on this band, I want solid links, and a decently working clasp. If It is junk, I will say so. In transit right now. 

twall

The band I got is great. Solid links, and nice cast clasp. It's a tad stiff to open, but I'd rather have it that way, than not staying closed. The flip-over lock is a bit looser than I'd like, but it hasn't fallen open yet. A slight snag may pop it up, though. The glide lock part works smoothly and locks in nice when closed. Also why I like the clasp being a bit stiff to open, since it holds the whole locking mechanism in place. 

I'll be ordering a few more of just the clasps to upgrade other watches. I'm a 'steel band' kind of guy, so I do have a few to upgrade.

• Like 1