Sign in to follow this  
Wirral_guy

Small PAM advice for noob

Wirral_guy

Guys,

a noob question here.

You've all got me interested in a PAM but need a smaller (40mm is probably max) one. Do these exist and, if so , can anyone recommend a good quality one at a reasonable price ( I want to test that it looks OK on my skinny arms, lol)

Thanks

Dave

Del

Reg (Narikaa) does 40mm power reserves - check his section.

Wirral_guy
Reg (Narikaa) does 40mm power reserves - check his section.

Thanks Del.

They look nice - are they a reasonable copy (I know they aren't going to be perfect for that kind of money but do they have at least a passing resemblance to a gen?)

Dave

Del

I'm not a PAM expert but they certainly have more than a passing resemblance to a gen! Check out the Paneraisource website and try to find a photo of the gen and you can see for yourself.

Most folk won't even know what a PAM is, let alone if your's is a rep or gen. ;)

Are you sure you only want a 40mm? I have a small wrist too (6.75") and wear 44mm PAMs without them feeling too big, like my 318 below.

p5046232v2.jpg

malloc

I'd consider getting a standard 44mm PAM as well. I was concerned they would look too big on my wrist (~6.75") but it's fine. I'd even go bigger these days.

Unless you have an absolute stick of a wrist they should look ok.

Wirral_guy
I'd consider getting a standard 44mm PAM as well. I was concerned they would look too big on my wrist (~6.75") but it's fine. I'd even go bigger these days.

Unless you have an absolute stick of a wrist they should look ok.

Honestly, I've tried a few bigger watches and they just don't sit right on my wrist. Believe me, if I could, I would. A lot of current watches are 40mm+ so I'd love to be able to carry it off but I can't.

Dave

malloc
Honestly, I've tried a few bigger watches and they just don't sit right on my wrist. Believe me, if I could, I would. A lot of current watches are 40mm+ so I'd love to be able to carry it off but I can't.

In that case go the 40mm ;)

Fed949

40mm looks good.