Sign in to follow this  
tsomers

Need repair on my DSSD form PWC

tsomers

Well I bought Trevor's bezel to replace mine that I got on the 249.99 DSSD from PWC. I thought I would just follow John's post on how to remove the subs bezel. So I finally got it off, nicked the shit out of the watch prying it off only to discover the bezel insert is glue on! Well I got the bezel back on and now it doesn't turn at all! Ugh! I am a loser.

So I am looking for someone here in the states to send it to. I would need the bezel put back on correctly and the insert from Trevor glued on.

Please help, if you can, PM me.

Thanks

Member X

Mike might be up for it?

He's been doing a lot, even though he's not 'official' lol

Luthier

Mike McNair is your man.

Why the hell you need to remove bezel to replace insert??????????

Or you thought it's screwed by screws from the bottom?

Eiderdaus

not every tutorial is for every watch......

tsomers

Luth: I thought the Sub would be the same as the DSSD, my mistake. I should of asked, but didn't. I will contact Mike, thanks.

not every tutorial is for every watch......

So I have learned, so I have learned.

nunu78

Y in a first Place u need to change the bezel, as it's already got correct 10".

tsomers

I like Trevor's better. The pearl is sunken and the 3 in 30 is more square then round.

gottahaverolex

I like Trevor's better. The pearl is sunken and the 3 in 30 is more square then round.

so you'd like to make it less gen like? hmmm....

tsomers

so you'd like to make it less gen like? hmmm....

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=14367

GC explains here about how the 3 is on the Gen. Also the pearl on Trevors is white like the Gen.

deepsea2.jpg

Balad1
Well I bought Trevor's bezel to replace mine that I got on the 249.99 DSSD from PWC. I thought I would just follow John's post on how to remove the subs bezel. So I finally got it off, nicked the shit out of the watch prying it off only to discover the bezel insert is glue on! Well I got the bezel back on and now it doesn't turn at all! Ugh! I am a loser.

So I am looking for someone here in the states to send it to. I would need the bezel put back on correctly and the insert from Trevor glued on.

Thanks

Let me see if I have this straight, "you are a dumb ass" and you fucked up your rep?

Let me put it another way, if I were to admit that I'd dropped my 50mm Parnis U-Boat on the tile floor this morning I would also "be a dumb ass" considering the minute and second hand would have come off.

That being said if I had done this, I would send it to Mike McNair for Numba Fuck'n One Repair Job.

MikeMcNair

inner bezel replacement is actually harder that ENTIRE bezel replacement, but something tells me you already know this :bsmeter:

Silverspeed

The best way to change a bezel insert, is to remove the crystal and place a sharp blade under the insert and gently slide it round.

remove the old glue and simply glue the new insert on. The bezels on the DSSD are very hard to remove

prestigewatchco

Warm it up with hair drier will activate the glue and it's easy to replace them then . As silver said get something sharp under the bezel insert and work it around. Worth noting you may crack your old bezel so only any good if you are going to replace the bezel not for doing the pearl mod to center it

d1isthe1

I hv two DSSD's one frm banngkok and other from BK, the bezel on the latter is loose so i wanted to swap it from the bangkok version... was wondering how to get the bezel off as i'm located in INDIA and really need some serious advice...

tsomers

Thanks

Let me see if I have this straight, "you are a dumb ass" and you fucked up your rep?

Let me put it another way, if I were to admit that I'd dropped my 50mm Parnis U-Boat on the tile floor this morning I would also "be a dumb ass" considering the minute and second hand would have come off.

That being said if I had done this, I would send it to Mike McNair for Numba Fuck'n One Repair Job.

Yes noted I am a dumb ass. =) Shit happens, I should of reached out to the group before taking this on, but in the end I know Mike will take care of it for me.