Sign in to follow this  
OLDBLOKE74

Another vintage gen for the price of a rep

OLDBLOKE74

Tag Heuer Super 2000

Very similar movement to my Speedy Automatics of the same era- Dubois Depraz (thanks Rolie) Chrono module bolted onto an ETA 2892 and  called an LWO 283. A version of this was, I think, used in the early AP Royal Oak Offshore.

18k pushers, collars and winders are normally well worn, but this example looks OK, and unusually for this model it is on a bracelet.

CHOW2.jpg

The watch is quite thick for its size 17mm x 38mm  but it wears big compared to say a Speedy reduced. The thickness is possibly due to the  date magnifier being below the crystal. 

CHrjD.jpg CH6uY.jpg

Anybody still awake ?

NCRich

Cool watch.  I know @TheGingerFerret will love this.

BadPickle

@OLDBLOKE74 I’ve a soft spot for the vintage Heuer,  the Camero  and the Autavia chrono’s are pretty neat, but I just can’t bring myself  to like the 2 tone Tags.

Sorry :cry:

OLDBLOKE74

Comparison with the speedy equivalent 

CKdS2.jpg CK4rn.jpg CKwLE.jpg

OLDBLOKE74
4 minutes ago, pickledbeetroot said:

@OLDBLOKE74 I’ve a soft spot for the vintage Heuer,  the Camero  and the Autavia chrono’s are pretty neat, but I just can’t bring myself  to like the 2 tone Tags.

Sorry :cry:

Not your cuppa tea Stu but it just feels solid on the wrist ... one day I will convince you, I have done a 180 on 2 tone watches  lately and they are back on the rotation list