TurdNugget

Bezel fell out

TurdNugget

Hi friends, I purchased a tudor from another member and I bumped the watch today and the bezel came out completely. I popped it back into place but now I'm not sure if that was the right thing to do. How are these bezels secured into place? How do I get it back out and secure it properly? Thank you, sincerely, for your feed back. Im obviously a newb.

GenTLe

Bezels are nearly all press-fit. It's what there is below it that makes the difference.

Recent Rolexes have a set of small springs and balls that are very easy to be lost:

ZOPO1vT.jpg15264114665190.jpgtech-spec-jpg.609382

Older rolexes have either just a flat ring which acts as a spring (bezel is bidirectional, like on the old double red seadweller) with another flat ring on top that acts as a friction reducer, or have small wire spring on one side.

Tudors... Depends. Which tudor? The BB for example, if I remember right, has one spring with on top a small cylinder with a dent (for the monodirectionality) and a flat ring that also has some spring below to push on the bezel. See here:

So it much depends if you reassembled it correctly and with all the parts required. You gave no information, starting from "a Tudor" (which one? which factory? ...?).

Popperini

My guess is he meant the insert - so my guidance over on the other thread he started about this was based on that guess. We shall see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GenTLe
2 hours ago, Popperini said:

My guess is he meant the insert - so my guidance over on the other thread he started about this was based on that guess. We shall see...

Missed that one :) What thread is it?