Aramis2288

Daytona DiW Carbon - Hot Or Not?

5teve

Its the Noob mate,expensive but to many things would have bugged me on the 7750.

• Like 1

Aramis2288
17 minutes ago, 5teve said:

Its the Noob mate,expensive but to many things would have bugged me on the 7750.

Yeah, I am with you on this one. If I was to buy this piece I would most certainly go for noob as well.

Edited by Aramis2288

5teve

If you do go for it,prepare to be underwhelmed when you open it:DIt feels like a toy,after a few days of  forgetting your wearing a watch but every now and then just catching a glimpse,you will love it.Mines keeping great time and the power reserve is brilliant.One thing I have noticed is I’m thinking the strap will be a pig to change as it has double spring bars on both sides.That should be a challenge.:D

Aramis2288

That's what kept me away from carbon watches for quite a while - I like to feel I have smth on my wrist. On the other hand, I am a fan of how they look.

If it is about Daytona I will quite probably nail the steel version first, as I know for sure it will be a keeper for me. But in terms of carbon, I am quite in love with how the PAM1661 Luminor Marina Carbotech looks. Quite a unique looking piece with nicely presented layered carbon. I could try it out first before going for DiW.

12 minutes ago, 5teve said:

One thing I have noticed is I’m thinking the strap will be a pig to change as it has double spring bars on both sides. That should be a challenge.:D

I got this tool, and it does the trick fairly well. Certainly easier to work with double spring bars than using 2 separate straight tools, and you can regulate it to work on every watch.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WOVELOT-Standard-Removing-Bracelet-Watchband/dp/B07P8LB39L/ref=asc_df_B07P8LB39L/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=214113987537&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11451151158629299892&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007850&hvtargid=pla-741983575819&psc=1

DavidStoned

Currently I'm only seeing new Daytonas posts with ceramic bezels. Will Noob comes out with steel bezel in V4 anytime soon?

GingerApple
5 minutes ago, DavidStoned said:

Will Noob comes out with steel bezel in V4 anytime soon?

Yes, but not until mid June.

Also, in the 3.16 at Ascot this afternoon, JeremyBeadleHands will win by six lengths when the favourite, JibsIsNoHolocaustDenier falls at the last.

In answer to Op. Yes
Z7FUOv.jpg Z7FWk1.jpg

Does it have any tells

Aramis2288

DiW rolexes are pretty much custom made in very small quantities and price point starting from $55.000. They are so rare that we are extremely unlikely to actually be able to compare Noob with gen and see what the differences are.

On a bright side, they are so rare that nobody will be able to tell whether it's a gen DiW or not when you wear it. In fact, most of the people won't be even able to tell what the hell is it

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

5teve

100%  “tell” is the case back has Motley written on it,which would be ok if it was a Motley edition and not the carbon cream!

• Like 1

RolexCollector

Really would love to try one of this! Unfortunatelly none of TD's have one ATM due to raids :(

Aramis2288
Really would love to try one of this! Unfortunatelly none of TD's have one ATM due to raids :(
Yeah well... welcome to the club mate.
I wanted to start with 2 steel Daytonas and then probably grab this one at some point.

Now we just gotta wait.

SteveA

Fugly

weezkid

ZVVYdK.jpg

Got this one yesterday from a friend. Noob V4 4130. Not sure how many of these puppies are in the wild. 

• Like 2

Aramis2288

Not many, that's fo sho.
Congrats, it's an extreme rarity these days.

PedroHeadShotz

The white DIW Carbon Daytona Panda is my current grail. Saw one get snapped up in M2M. Not many TD's seem to have them. Any help appreciated

https://clickpix.org/image/HYyYHn