nathtommo_9

Omega PO bezel insert replacement

nathtommo_9

Hello All, 

So I recently purchased the 37.5mm Omega PO from Joshua Perfect Clones. 
In the QC pics I pulled up a mark on the bezel to which I was told it is lighting from the pictures - I trusted him and OK'd the watch to be sent. 
Upon arrival the watch did indeed have a blemish on the bezel insert - to which Joshua very kindly replaced in a matter of 10 days to the UK - Another great customer service experience with him. 

Here you can see the blemishes on the bezel insert (@ 20 & 30) 
PNvQ1.jpg

Here is the replacement bezel insert
PNNh4.jpg
PN7fj.jpg

So onto my question... 

Quite simply - How do I replace this? 
I have a watch repair kit for minuscule tasks - but nothing of this level. 

PRAWk.jpg

I do not believe I, myself can replace this bezel as I don’t possess the skills needed and I don't want to sustain any damage to the watch. 

So – Can anybody recommended a repairer, whether that be on the forum or UK based who can carry out this work for me? 

Thanks in advance 
Nathan 

Rokerite

The inserts are only held in place by double sided tape. Am not an expert but this has worked for me.....Stand your watch crystal side down in a jam jar lid with some turps in it so the turps only comes as high as the actual bezel. Leave it there overnight and in the morning you will find you can spin the insert round in the bezel as the glue has softened. Either use a cocktail stick or just shake the watch and it should just fall out. Use uhu glue to stick the new bezel insert in (you may have to pack it out a bit so it sits right) and leave it to properly cure preferably overnight.Don't use superglue to stick the insert in and be very careful with the insert as the ceramic is very fragile. 

nathtommo_9
On 17/05/2020 at 15:02, Rokerite said:

The inserts are only held in place by double sided tape. Am not an expert but this has worked for me.....Stand your watch crystal side down in a jam jar lid with some turps in it so the turps only comes as high as the actual bezel. Leave it there overnight and in the morning you will find you can spin the insert round in the bezel as the glue has softened. Either use a cocktail stick or just shake the watch and it should just fall out. Use uhu glue to stick the new bezel insert in (you may have to pack it out a bit so it sits right) and leave it to properly cure preferably overnight.Don't use superglue to stick the insert in and be very careful with the insert as the ceramic is very fragile. 

Thanks for getting back to me @Rokerite - sorry on the late reply! 

So do you mean like this: 

TGcxL.md.jpg

(That is only water not turps just yet!) 

This will not cause any damage to the crystal/bezel/stainless steel?

Ta

Rokerite

That is exactly how I do it, has worked about 5 or 6 times for me and no damage to crystal, bezel or steel. Since you mention the crystal I have just had a thought. I have only done it on Rolex reps, I have a Planet Ocean and am I correct in thinking they have 2XAR on the crystal? If so I wouldn't risk it in case it damages the AR on the outside of the crystal. Wouldn't want you blaming me for ruining your watch :D

Edited by Rokerite

nathtommo_9

This is what I thought - this is the description on perfect clones website: 

Crystal: Swiss Grade 1 Sapphire crystal Correct Purple Hume AR coating as Per Genuine, The Highest Clarity Sapphire Crystal ever used on Replica watches

I wouldn't blame you either :D I appreciate the help! I will probably keep away from the turps though... ha! 

I have just watched a youtube video of a Stienhart bezel insert being removed only using hot water? No harm in trying that: 

Also you mentioned UHU glue - do you think instead of glue this would work instead: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adhesive-Sticker-Display-Digitizer-Motorola/dp/B01GGUNFFY/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=thin+double+sided+tape+watches&qid=1590086286&sr=8-18 Feel's that little bit neater and less tricky than glue? Why did you suggest UHU? 

nunu78

You can use hair dryer, hot air will soften the glue on double tape. It worked for me with Rolex rep.

Rokerite
44 minutes ago, nathtommo_9 said:

This is what I thought - this is the description on perfect clones website: 

Crystal: Swiss Grade 1 Sapphire crystal Correct Purple Hume AR coating as Per Genuine, The Highest Clarity Sapphire Crystal ever used on Replica watches

I wouldn't blame you either :D I appreciate the help! I will probably keep away from the turps though... ha! 

I have just watched a youtube video of a Stienhart bezel insert being removed only using hot water? No harm in trying that: 

Also you mentioned UHU glue - do you think instead of glue this would work instead: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adhesive-Sticker-Display-Digitizer-Motorola/dp/B01GGUNFFY/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=thin+double+sided+tape+watches&qid=1590086286&sr=8-18 Feel's that little bit neater and less tricky than glue? Why did you suggest UHU? 

UHU is very forgiving, any excess that squeezes out will easily wipe off leaving no trace. If you search on eBay you can actually get the 3m branded self adhesive circles that are made for sticking the inserts in,  which I would imagine are what the factories use. Sorry don't know how to post links. May try the hot water idea myself the next time.

GenTLe

I use UHU too, the Endfest 300, once it dries it is super strong, and drying completely in 24h and being repositionable in 15/20m, it gives you time to work to position the part well. A ear cotton stick with isopropyl alcohol works perfectly to remove the amount while within the 1st 30m/1hour. The only problem with this glue is that if you need to replace the insert later, then it will be pretty hard to remove the old. Maybe a day or two submerged in acetone or nitro thinner will work.

On the inserts that have a passing-through hole for the "luminous pip" I also put a tiny amount of cyanoacrylate with a watch oiler in the back of the hole so that the pip will lose any tendency to jump out on the front.

nathtommo_9
1 hour ago, GenTLe said:

I use UHU too, the Endfest 300, once it dries it is super strong, and drying completely in 24h and being repositionable in 15/20m, it gives you time to work to position the part well. A ear cotton stick with isopropyl alcohol works perfectly to remove the amount while within the 1st 30m/1hour. The only problem with this glue is that if you need to replace the insert later, then it will be pretty hard to remove the old. Maybe a day or two submerged in acetone or nitro thinner will work.

On the inserts that have a passing-through hole for the "luminous pip" I also put a tiny amount of cyanoacrylate with a watch oiler in the back of the hole so that the pip will lose any tendency to jump out on the front.

Thanks for this! Really do appreciate the help. Some great tips there.

I’ll go with the UHU then. I would you mind confirming this is the right one? 

UHU Endfest Plus 300 – Two Component Adhesives – Solvent Free - 15ml

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0774J8L9J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_mWUXEbSVHW1J2

Thanks again! 

GenTLe
56 minutes ago, nathtommo_9 said:

UHU Endfest Plus 300 – Two Component Adhesives – Solvent Free - 15ml

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0774J8L9J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_mWUXEbSVHW1J2

Yep, that one :) Put 4 small drops on the insert, no need to put more (you'll risk it to overflown: if it overflows outside you can clean it with isopropyl alcohol, but if it overflows in the bezel you risk to have a blocked bezel...) . Of course before to use it, clean both bezel and insert with some alcohol. ù

nathtommo_9
11 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Yep, that one :) Put 4 small drops on the insert, no need to put more (you'll risk it to overflown: if it overflows outside you can clean it with isopropyl alcohol, but if it overflows in the bezel you risk to have a blocked bezel...) . Of course before to use it, clean both bezel and insert with some alcohol. ù

Brilliant! Thanks for your help @GenTLe 

You too @Rokerite I appreciate it! 

Cheers