Sign in to follow this  
ThinkBachs

Modded Seiko that I think deserves a share

ThinkBachs
Jack did a phenomenal job!

It started out as a stock, SKX171. First thing I did was buy a bracelet from chronograph.com. I didn't like the clasp on the president, so I bought a Seiko 2 hole, double locking clasp from Yobokies. I also got an extra little piece that I needed to attach the clasp to the bracelet. I bought the hands and the aluminum chapter ring from Yobokies as well as the clasp. I then bought a domed Sapphire from MKII. After I had all my parts, I swapped out the bracelet and clasp myself, and then packed the rest of it up and sent it to IWW to get the real work done.

Jack swapped out the bezel for a black EXP bezel that still rotates, which is pretty awesome and fun to play with. He painted the hands with a beautiful combination of glossy red and flat black, which really makes them "pop". He installed the Sapphire and chapter ring. To top it all off, The case and bracelet were Aluminum Oxide blasted. This is by far the coolest/weirdest finish I have ever seen on a watch. I love it, but i can see how it might not be for everybody.

oh yeah, I guess some of you might want to see pictures...

What I started with.

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

SeikoSKX171K2L.jpg

All the parts.

IMG_3411.jpg

New bracelet and clasp installed.

IMG_4175.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

And how it looks today.

IMG_6426.jpg

IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

IMG_6442.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6448.jpg

Here is a color comparison between the AlOx blasted bracelet and my Ti Samurai.

IMG_6474.jpg

I just want to say thank you again to Jack at IWW, and all the other people who made this little project of mine so easy. Thank you!

Just goes to show how even the ugliest of watches IMHO can be turned into something beautiful with a little work...

carlton

Nice, I've been looking at a lot of mods recently

sconehead
Nice, I've been looking at a lot of mods recently

...so you're the one that's been undressing Ding with your eyes...you got him worried you know...:P

...I like the way it used to look better...am I tasteless? ;)