Sign in to follow this  
mtt.tr

Stopwatch

mtt.tr

hi i have just been given a stop watch. But the interesting thing is it says BBC on it and has a three digit number on the back i was wondering if any one here could tell me about it and if it is worth any thing thanks. if it isnt worth much and even if it is im still going to keep it.

its mechanical

onzenuub

Some pictures maybe??

JoeyB

"BBC"? It will be slow, but proper, and stop for Tea. :damn_the_colonials:

mtt.tr

pics will come soon it also has swiss made on the dial right at the bottom

greg_r

but will deteriorate rapidly and will cost people who don't look at it vast amounts of money to keep it going :lol:

JoeyB

but will deteriorate rapidly and will cost people who don't look at it vast amounts of money to keep it going :D

But it will take to water, then take over your jewelry box, assimilate, and redraw ancient boundaries . :lol:

trailboss99

I got a nice Huer stop watch here somewhere. Have to ig it out for some pics. Be interested to see this one. sounds like it may be an old BBC unit. Tele neeeds timeing too!

Col.

mtt.tr

Here we go. If any one has and info i would be grateful if you could tell me about it.

DSCF3559.jpg

DSCF3558.jpg

It also has a three digit number on the back of the case. Also it is actually from the bbc as the person who gave it to me use to work there so i know it isnt a fake

trailboss99

Have to open the back to be shure but it looks like a Huer specialy branded for the BBC. Could be reasonably valuable as it's collectible for several reasons.

It's both a BBC colectable and a swiss stopwatch. Proberly late 60s, early 70s at a guess.

Nice watch!

Um, no, I'm wrong, it's worth nothing. Send it to me for disposal :lol:

Col.

mtt.tr

hmm cool how do you open it

mtt.tr

actually im going to take it to a jewlers to open it as if it is worth something i dont want to ruin it but i dont think i will sell it just keep it.

mtt.tr

i looked at it and worked out how to get it apart it is erwin schlup 7j movement if any one know if this is valuable please say.

JoeyB

but will deteriorate rapidly and will cost people who don't look at it vast amounts of money to keep it going :lolcina:

I think that is the very stopwatch used to time Roger Bannister's alleged record breaking 4 minute mile. It's definitely off. :popcorn:

sconehead

but will deteriorate rapidly and will cost people who don't look at it vast amounts of money to keep it going :thumbsup2:

I think that is the very stopwatch used to time Roger Bannister's alleged record breaking 4 minute mile. It's definitely off. :lolcina:

Blasphemy... :popcorn:

trailboss99

No idea on value. I'd say it's true value would be as a BBC colectors piece rather than as a stopwatch per se.

Col.