Sign in to follow this  
rockabillychuck

Waterproof?

rockabillychuck

Hi People,

I am a total newb and am thinking of getting a rep Omega Speedmaster from Watch Eden. I have read up on WE and it seems that lately they have been ok. I am thinking about getting:

http://www.watcheden.net/omega-speedmaster...-17823-p-1.html

What should my expectations of this watch be? Will it look convincing? How "water resistant" will it be, can I wear it in the shower if I forget to take it off?

Cheers,

Charlie.

stewzzy

Hey bud, im quite new to this too but if i were you i would have a read over the trusted dealers posts and feedback which has helped me a lot!! Most of the watches ive looked at simply say water resistant so wouldnt bother swimming with them or that.

hope you find what your after!

:lol:

David543

I would never assume a rep is water resistant.....

rockabillychuck

Thanks for the quick response guys. I have read that rep watches can be water proofed, what is involved? I don't plan on taking it swimming, just want it to be ok for every day wear and tear.

Cheers,

Charlie.

Fed949

Thanks for the quick response guys. I have read that rep watches can be water proofed, what is involved? I don't plan on taking it swimming, just want it to be ok for every day wear and tear.

Cheers,

Charlie.

Yes, you can ask your watch dealer for a waterproof test.

rober100

Basically, if a TRUSTED dealer says it is water resistant, then it is. Anyway, it can be tested and any leakage could be sealed most of the times.

greg_r

Hmm - the sensible approach is to get it tested by a local watchsmith (most of the little mall-based watch repair guys can handle it) before going near to water.

I'd even do that with a gen, frankly.

Note that WatchEden are not a trusted dealer here and I personallywouldn't trust a word they say about anything - they try to get it right, but they're pretty useless. Their main problem is that the staff there know fuck all about watches.

JohnG
Hmm - the sensible approach is to get it tested by a local watchsmith (most of the little mall-based watch repair guys can handle it) before going near to water.

I'd even do that with a gen, frankly.

Note that WatchEden are not a trusted dealer here and I personallywouldn't trust a word they say about anything - they try to get it right, but they're pretty useless. Their main problem is that the staff there know fuck all about watches.

+1

AND as a rule, chronos (like the Speedmaster) are hard to waterproof, ESPECIALLY ones that aren't even reps of dive watches.

I would keep all chronos clear of water and if you want a watch with good water resistance, get something like a SeaMaster non-chrono and then have it tested by a watch shop.

nighty

For sharing thoughts and experience ...

on WatchEden : URL/ Desc says "speedmaster" (which would concur with tachymetric scale on bezel) but dial says "seamaster" ...

I wouldnt say "this is OK" to me :yoohoo:

As for experience, I have a Rolex Blue Ceramic Submariner, from Lay (ReplicaMake, Trusted Dealer), and it is actually waterproof

(30 meters tested instead of 300.. ) I can confirm that for washing hands, and even showering (hot), will do for swimming as soon as

I have a chance :lol:

mspangl

I've taken all my reps into the pool or into the shower.. All survived

I didn't care much :yoohoo: but I was surprised that none leaked

If you wanna be 100% sure then get it tested at a local watchsmith..

rockabillychuck
on WatchEden : URL/ Desc says "speedmaster" (which would concur with tachymetric scale on bezel) but dial says "seamaster" ...

I wouldnt say "this is OK" to me :Whistle:

Shit, didn't notice that... Thanks for the heads up.