Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

Thinking of sending something to Rocketeer? Best read this.

trailboss99

There appear to be some more major problems with Britt based modder Rocketeer this time involving his Chieftang AR run. Have a read HERE before even thinking of sending him any work!

Col.

greg_r

Yup. Sad to say, but this seems to happen with a large majority of the modders / watchmakers who show up on the boards. I feel sorry for Chieftang - he must be kicking himself for agreeing to get involved with this guy...

trailboss99

Yep, chieftang is of the finest kind IMHO and got the crappy end of the stick with this 'un.

Col.

greg_r
Yep, chieftang is of the finest kind IMHO and got the crappy end of the stick with this 'un.

Col.

No argument - he's been handling this in his usual exemplary fashion too. If only all the forum modders/service providers were as good as he is...

onzenuub

Goddamned fucking scammer that Rocketeer, should be kicked to the moon.

JoeyB

Uh-oh. Onze is very angry.

onzenuub

Yeah, trying to get some extra pounds by scamming like this, pathetic, should be trown in the sea, from a 150 m high fjord in Norway.

JoeyB

Yeah, trying to get some extra pounds by scamming like this, pathetic, should be trown in the sea, from a 150 m high fjord in Norway.

Remind me never to get you pissed at me. :huh:

onzenuub

If I get pissed at you I will just shoot you, oke?

JoeyB

Oke. But remember, I shoot back and I didn't retire emty handed. :rofl:

onzenuub

Empty, and I didn't retire, never.

JoeyB

Haha! My mother told me "never say never!". I retired from the military, but not from working. I still do what I did while on duty the last 10 years, but now contract to the military. If I do 'retire' to Hawaii, as I hope to, I will still be doing something.

onzenuub

Remind me never to get you pissed at me. :finger:

Oke. But remember, I shoot back and I didn't retire emty handed. :D

Haha! My mother told me "never say never!". I retired from the military, but not from working. I still do what I did while on duty the last 10 years, but now contract to the military. If I do 'retire' to Hawaii, as I hope to, I will still be doing something.

Yeah, thinking about what you wanted to do next :huh: or about what you where doing before :rofl:

prestigewatchco

I have been away for the last couple of weeks so haven't seen this fiasco unfold.

Reading between the lines it looks like Geoff (rocketeer) has been running 2 AR sessions some with Cheif and some in the UK

I have to say I have dealt with him many times and always found him to be great to deal with

I suspect the reason he was using another company was nothing more than to facilitate the faster return of watches bearing in mind the Cheif run were taking an age to get done.

Seems like some are less than perfect happens ! The ones sent to Cheif had to be rejected by Cheif the 1st time if you read the complete threads on the subject

With all the people posting where is my crystal Geoff I would think thought lets try another avenue to see if the proccess can be done quicker.

I am never suprised with anything that happens with these AR runs they seem to be a reliable source of proplems regardless of who does them.

I can't understand why no one hasn't just bought a stock of crystals and offered them on a 1-1 exchange basis there are only about 10 popular watches that seem to be always getting AR treatment that would seem the only way to stop all these threads about people having to wait months for the crytals to be AR coated and returned.

The proccess takes a couple of hours to do the delay seems to be waiting until there is enough to make it viable to do if the person had sayt a 100 ready AR'd in stock this would not be a problem any longer

I know in Bangkok I can get them done the same day or at least take them today and get them tomorrow so i would assume if you sent a 100 to a company even with postal delays etc a week would have them back in stock done.

Maybe someone will spend the money on getting a stock of ready AR'd crytals so in the future there will not be this delay and all the problems that go with it

sconehead
I have been away for the last couple of weeks so haven't seen this fiasco unfold.

Reading between the lines it looks like Geoff (rocketeer) has been running 2 AR sessions some with Cheif and some in the UK

I have to say I have dealt with him many times and always found him to be great to deal with

I suspect the reason he was using another company was nothing more than to facilitate the faster return of watches bearing in mind the Cheif run were taking an age to get done.

Seems like some are less than perfect happens ! The ones sent to Cheif had to be rejected by Cheif the 1st time if you read the complete threads on the subject

With all the people posting where is my crystal Geoff I would think thought lets try another avenue to see if the proccess can be done quicker.

I am never suprised with anything that happens with these AR runs they seem to be a reliable source of proplems regardless of who does them.

I can't understand why no one hasn't just bought a stock of crystals and offered them on a 1-1 exchange basis there are only about 10 popular watches that seem to be always getting AR treatment that would seem the only way to stop all these threads about people having to wait months for the crytals to be AR coated and returned.

The proccess takes a couple of hours to do the delay seems to be waiting until there is enough to make it viable to do if the person had sayt a 100 ready AR'd in stock this would not be a problem any longer

I know in Bangkok I can get them done the same day or at least take them today and get them tomorrow so i would assume if you sent a 100 to a company even with postal delays etc a week would have them back in stock done.

Maybe someone will spend the money on getting a stock of ready AR'd crytals so in the future there will not be this delay and all the problems that go with it

You volunteering yourself there Robert? Could be a little sideline for you perhaps or would it be too much hassle?

prestigewatchco

No Bobby Sod that! I am not at all interested in AR ing watches for people

greg_r

Welcome back, Robert! Hope you had a good trip :lol: