pcdj

Sourcing a replacement PO dial/face

pcdj

The orange/red 'Seamaster' text on my Planet Ocean watch face has faded, presumably from being exposed to too much sunlight, and is now the same silver colour as the Omega logo making the watch lose a bit of its "pop".

Does anyone know if replacement faces be sourced from somewhere and is this a straightforward DIY type thing to replace? A picture is available here.

GenTLe
3 minutes ago, pcdj said:

is this a straightforward DIY type thing to replace?

Depends from your skills. What's your experience with working on watches? Do are you able to take a movement out of a case and put it back? Remove and reset the hands? Remove and reset the dial? And all this without damaging anything? Do you have the tools (at least: case opener, screwdrivers, rodico to clean the dial, levers to remove the hands, hand setter tool to put them back...)?

pcdj

Hi GenTLe. I've changed/resized a watch strap, but that's about it. I purchased a set of watchmakers screwdrivers at the time to do so, so I'd have to invest in the rest. Point taken though - it's very likely I would send this over to a rep-friendly watchmaker/jeweller than do it myself, so the more important part of the question would be the sourcing of the face.

edwinowl

What size dial bro ? 

GenTLe
53 minutes ago, pcdj said:

Hi GenTLe. I've changed/resized a watch strap, but that's about it. I purchased a set of watchmakers screwdrivers at the time to do so, so I'd have to invest in the rest. Point taken though - it's very likely I would send this over to a rep-friendly watchmaker/jeweller than do it myself, so the more important part of the question would be the sourcing of the face.

Good idea :)

If you want to increase your skills, better to do on cheap watches you can find on eBay, typically from India at around 10/15$.

maplebank

The same thing has happened to my NOOB PO, which I bought about 6 yeras ago.

I'd be interested to see if you find a replacement.

pcdj
5 hours ago, edwinowl said:

What size dial bro ? 

I believe it's the 42mm version.