Sign in to follow this  
Eiderdaus

Omega Planet Ocean 42mm Franken Project

Eiderdaus

Hi,

need some advice which case to start with. I have seen a lot of threads regarding the gen parts to buy but first I need some input which case can take gen parts.

Any suggestions are highly welcome.

sconehead

IIRC the 4th gen PO took gen parts, not sure about the newer V5, these were the usual suspects used to go franken, from Ofrei, you could try Cousins UK as well...:)

1 Omega Dial For Caliber 2500 OME-2500-DIAL#3

1 Omega Cal 2500 Hour & Minute Hands Silver Arrow With Luminous 14.85 mm longHAN-4221

1 Omega Cal 2500 Second Hand Silver Arrow Luminous With Red Tip 15.0 mmHAN-4222

1 Omega Stainless Steel Crown 42184 8100/3905W

1 Omega Case Tube 090ST1232 OME-090ST1232

...that's about $350'ish alone, bung onto that list a gen crystal/decent AR job, gen ETA datewheel and gen insert plus the cost of the watch...you can (allegedly) get gen crowns and He valves from Clarkes on ebay too, but I'm not sure if they're cheaper.

sconehead

R2D4 at RWI (and here occasionally) was badly into Omega...it'd be worth your while having a word with him...:)

Eiderdaus

cousinsuk offers a gen case set, but the description is: included dials, bezels, movement case ring and springbars....so i don´t know if this is all or if the crown and tube etc is included. i found it by putting in 168.1651 in the search. they don´t have an email contact adress where i can ask questions

sconehead
cousinsuk offers a gen case set, but the description is: included dials, bezels, movement case ring and springbars....so i don´t know if this is all or if the crown and tube etc is included. i found it by putting in 168.1651 in the search. they don´t have an email contact adress where i can ask questions

£630 though...once you tot everything up it'd probably be cheaper buying a used gen mate...plus if you use a gen case you'd probably need a 2892 A2 movement too?

COUSINS.png