Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

Time4Direct / Prestige Watch Co Server problems

greg_r

I'm reposting this from RWI as under the circumstances I'm sure Robert is going to be far too busy to post it here:

Have just got back to BKK and ALL my servers are down and ALL emails are deleted.

At this moment in time I have no idea what has happened they are saying "account suspended" and "account deleted" I am hoping it's just an error.

The only reason I can think of for them to suspend the account is pressure from copyright holders but I have no notice of this the accounts are prepaid 12 months in advance so it's not something simple like unpaid invoice.

The current situation is I am unable to see any orders or emails from the last 10-15 days

The only suggestion I have is that members re submit whatever they had previously submitted to a temporary email address

[email protected]

DON'T PM OR POST THREADS IT WILL JUST WASTE TIME AND PLEASE REMEMBER TO INCLUDE ALL RELIVENT DETAILS WITHOUT WHICH I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ANSWER YOUR QUERY

If we get the server back on line I will of course respond to the original but as it stands now I have no way of knowing when or indeed if this will ever happen.

Robert - I'm very sorry to hear of your problems and I hope you get this fixed soon. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

prestigewatchco

Yes Greg a real bummer but nothing I can't sort out I don't think.

I only took a notebook with me to Europe so i didn't download the emails as usual because of drive space.

On top of this the $30K satallite link on the boat is a waste of time for internet works fine for telephone but too slow for the net so I didn't do more than have a quick look at emails etc as trying to reply was a joke in terms of time it was taking.

Never mind I suppose if it was easy then everyone would be doing it and it wouldn't be such a good business!!

trailboss99

Mystery solved. I have a cpl of peeps at RWI I have been guideing to a purchase going stir crazy and was going to give Rob a call if I hadn't heard back soon. Anything we can do Rob, just ask mate. Hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

Col.

trailboss99

Next time you buy a sat link mate, ask. You running ImarsatM? Marine electronics is how I make a living. Not that it's much of a living ATM. GFC and all . . .

Col.

greg_r
Yes Greg a real bummer but nothing I can't sort out I don't think.

I only took a notebook with me to Europe so i didn't download the emails as usual because of drive space.

On top of this the $30K satallite link on the boat is a waste of time for internet works fine for telephone but too slow for the net so I didn't do more than have a quick look at emails etc as trying to reply was a joke in terms of time it was taking.

Never mind I suppose if it was easy then everyone would be doing it and it wouldn't be such a good business!!

haha - very true. Good luck getting it sorted :trailboss:

prestigewatchco
Next time you buy a sat link mate, ask. You running ImarsatM? Marine electronics is how I make a living. Not that it's much of a living ATM. GFC and all . . .

Col.

Yes Imarsat I spoke to them but they were unable to do anything until we were back in port. Apparently their best guess is we are missing an accelarator in the data transfer faxes are also painfully slow. It's a new system less than 6 months old the older system I have on the other boats uses GPS for internet and while not breakneck speed is more than usable