Bbsee

Discoloured Dial Repair - Seeking Advice

Bbsee

So I've never bought a watch that needed cosmetic repair to the dial before, and furthermore have never attempted to do this myself.

Considering buying a Breitling Aerospace Evo for a fair price, but I could be that I'm completely overlooking how easy/and or expensive it would be to get the dial looking fresh.

Can any of you fine folk share your experiences on this and mention whether the below would be an easy/cost-friendly fix?

It seems to be mainly the 12,3,6 and 9 o'clock paint that's worn off, or perhaps that's lume.

Z3aPbE.jpg

deju

Mmm this is the one that was on eBay 2x with water damage I think. 

I would walk away personally the markers with the bezels are going to be cost enough as it is when/if you find a set. 

Bbsee

Thanks for the tip @deju - there seem to be two on ebay with water damage - I believe this one is all working but as you say, the bezel is damaged too.

deju
7 minutes ago, Bbsee said:

Thanks for the tip @deju - there seem to be two on ebay with water damage - I believe this one is all working but as you say, the bezel is damaged too.

Sometimes the markers come up as sets, some times they are like £40.00+ each. I would have taken it at £100, but parts might add up too fast IMHO.

These dials are lumed, the other one you posted was the chrome markers. Wait it out you should get a mint one at the £600 mark :D

Xpletiv

I think one can just barely make out corrosion at the inside edge of the 3, that thing is probably a mess inside or will be again.

zulu44gmt

Clean up those markers and lume the crap out of it!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk