mic02

Vintage pam 3646/6152/6154/21 project help

mic02

Hi everyone. First off, i am new to this forum. I haven't been active in the rep game in a while and I am ready to start again.

I am planning on building a pam 21 and another one of the above mentioned references. I have already ordered davidson movements (rolex 618 types 1 and 4 I believe) to get me started. I was wondering if parts from the molnija 3602 (or what ever the soviet copy of the 6497 is) would be interchangeable (mainspring, balance bridge, balance, gear train, etc.) or if i should just stick to pricier vintage cortebert 616/617/618/620/622 movements.

Additionally, I was wondering who sells the best case sets and dials?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

fatarms

Homage-forum.com

That's the place that will have all the answers to these questions.  Great resource, and all they do is build watches and movements from new parts and parts of others. 

• Like 1

Simonix

I agree with the above comment. 

by the way, the DSN 618 movements are basically just decorated 6497 movements, with different bridges.  
Asian 6497 parts should fit the above . 

the Molnja 3601/3602 are Russian copies of the Cortebert 616. Parts are not interchangeble for the most part. 

edwinowl

Go with Swiss 6497 if you can if not use the Asian version. I’ve used the Molnijas before but they’re temperamental and often the balance can be a pig. Hamilton 917 are gorgeous movement but a little pricey. As stated earlier try HF that’s where I learnt everything and more. 

• Like 1