Simonix

Vintage Pam 6152/1-2533 prototype Build

Simonix

After lot's of reading up, and messages with various members trying to source parts, etc, I got talking with a fellow brit who is a HF veteran.

As well as selling me some dials for me to "play" with, he also arranged a deal with me to take on an unfinished project of his, that was started 10 years ago! This is now complete.

The idea of the project, was to make a homage to the prototype Pam quoted on the Perezcope blog (photo below), of a 6152/1 case, but fitted with the older 2533 Radiomir dial.
ZzQbYP.jpg

The build consists of:
* An old 6152/1 case set, completely reshaped and aged by Gordon at NW. Pantograph Engraved between the lugs. NW CG all shaped and fitted.
* A custom plexi and bezel which was turned on a lathe, also from Gordon.
* A Molnja 3601, bridges reworked to remove markings, then engraved with "17 Rubis Fab.Suisse". All serviced and completed by Gordon.
* 39mm 2533 dial and matching hands, all aged and lumed by Bigwave (still wrapped up from 10 years ago!).
* NW Display Caseback, with pantograph engraved domed plexi.

*Some of the photos below show that Gunny paupe redish brown strap that has now been used on my 3646 build, this is now on a tan custom strap.

Basically, I just had to put the parts all together (most of the hard work had already been done by the experts, GordonNW and Dave Bigwave!). I did a bit more ageing/polishing to the case, fitted the movement and dial, the hands needed a bit of broaching as they weren't fitting to start with, "stacked" the dial with 2 baseplates, so the stem aligned correctly and so the tall tube hands weren't so "tall".

Here are the final results. I am very happy to have a nice homage that is built from top quality parts from some great members of this forum. Also great to have this watch "see the light of day", after being in progress for such a long time.

Enough of me waffling, here are some photos...

ZKZEOL.jpg
ZKZNdR.jpg
ZKZFaK.jpg
ZKZRJ8.jpg
ZKZSF1.jpg
ZKZGlv.jpg

Zzlhyj.jpg
Zzleic.jpg
ZzlAcI.jpg
Zzl2w4.jpg

GingerApple

I'm not really sure what the words all mean, but the pictures are very pretty!

• Like 1

kuntrol7

Definitely a nice build congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk