Sign in to follow this  
Mystery Shopper

Mystery Shopper collection

Mystery Shopper

I have always loved watches and have had a couple on the go since I started wearing them in high school. My Grandpa had a few gens (now with me) and I bought a couple in the days before kids and mortgages.

Anyhoo, I was at alistairw's house for dinner just over a year ago. He put me onto this site after showing me a few of his Rolexes after a few glasses of red. The rest is history. Most have come from Robert at PWC.

Breitling

Breitling SOSF- bought this off Alistair. Still one of my favourites.

SAM_0118.jpg

Breitling Navitmer

Cheapie a mate picked up for me in Bangkok. He goes there on business (or has a second family there, I can't remember which). I don't wear this often but have yet to bin it.

SAM_0109.jpg

Panerai

217 Destro that I put on a Bob Bean ammo strap. The strap is a work of art with aged leather. This watch attracts most comments.

SAM_0239.jpg

SAM_0178.jpg

339 on a Bob Bean super soft 26mm.

SAM_0014.jpg

Omega

Speedmaster Moon landing. Cheapie but I love this one. Slim to wear with a long sleeve shirt. Silver disc has the American eagle landing on the moon, tallons holding the olive branch of peace with the earth in the background. Bezel came off and I did a rough job sticking it back on initially.

SAM_0132.jpg

Seamaster Qantum of Solace. Hob nail dial, clever etching, great watch.

SAM_0124.jpg

Seamaster Coaxial.

Bought this for my Dad for his birthday. Took this while I was charging it up for him!

SAM_0236.jpg

Audemars Piguet

Roo 2, secs at 6. This also came from Alistair as it was too big for his wrist. I don't wear it often but enjoy it when I do.

SAM_0102-1.jpg

Black Themes- don't really know if that is the right name or not. I bought it in a 'lot' buy. It is quartz and quite a chunk of watch.

SAM_0079.jpg

IWC

Big Pilot. Like to wear this when I'm interviewing at work. Easy to discretely keep track of time with this beast. Strap is a X straps black cayman.

SAM_0258.jpg

Rolex

Took me a while to buy a Rolex as I thought they might be on the small size. Started with the DSSD from Robert.

SAM_0230.jpg

Submariner. Latest purchase. Had it serviced and 3ATM tested as well. Plan to wear this all summer long. I'm starting to be bitten by the sub bug and like the look of a few of the vintage subs out there.

006.jpg

Hublot

Always raises a comment on the forum, nobody gives a shit in the real world. Bought this as I like the discrete detail in the dial, RG 2 and the blackness.

PB150007.jpg

Gens

Tag Heuer Formula 1.

Bought in Saudi Arabia in the 90s and has spent many hours under the Red Sea. Wish I bought something more substantial but I was worried about the watch getting scratched on the reef. Recently took this photo in Vietnam after a snorkel.

SAM_0560.jpg

Maurice Lacroix gold. Wedding anniversary present all those years ago. Mother of pearl face and gold. My ancient Tusker Beer T shirt is reflected in the band.

SAM_0087.jpg

Girard Perregaux Gyro.

This was my Grandpa's 25 service year watch. Mum wears this more often than I do as I struggle to wear everything I have.

SAM_0246.jpg

Seiko & Tissot

The Seiko was a gift from my team in Saudi Arabia. It is a kinetic watch with dual arabic and english 'days'. Worn this for over 15 years. The Tissot also came from my Grandpa. He bought it in 1973.

PA030040.jpg

SAM_0988.jpg

MrsM has also picked a few watches on the way.

Rolex Datejust silver, VC skeleton & Franck Muller Crazy Hours.

PA030043.jpg

Better view of Crazy Hours.

SAM_0187.jpg

Panerai 168 Regatta

Quite big on her wrist but she wears it often.

PA030013.jpg

Chanel J12 white. Also a monster but she likes it.

PB200011.jpg

Gens She also has the 'other half' of the Tag F1 and ML gold as gens.

SAM_0915.jpg

P9260986-1.jpg

Pens

Done very well out of our relationship with Graman. Each has been bought separately with no fuss. A couple have even gone as gifts- lovely to see people's reactions when they receive one of these. Graman does great work as you all know..

009.jpg

Thanks for having a look.

Dendo

Congrats - some wonderful pieces there. Thanks for sharing.

mondeov6

Very, very nice collection of watches and pens!! Thank's for sharing! :D

alistairw

:)

Lovely collection there Scott, I seem to remember you saying you were only going to buy one watch as an anniversary present for youself, since the missus got the coffee maker, as that would be fair.

How many watches now..............

How many for the missus...........

Thanks for introducing me to Pam's... never thought I would add a couple to my collection.

PS. Seen the new Breitling SuperOcean??

Mystery Shopper

Thats right mate, that was how it started. Mrs bought a coffee maker for the kitchen & I was going to buy a gen SOSF. Now I have a dozen watches instead of 1 for same (well similar) money.

photog

Excellent collection and well shot.

jameo210369

Wow, great collection Scott. Thanks for the pics

Mystery Shopper

Many thanks for your comments.

Balad posted a thread recently of an old watch he resurrected. This made me think of my first watch so I went on a hunt & found it at the back of a cupboard. This was bought for me in the early eighties (I think) and was my first regular watch. I took it to a repairer, had it cleaned, new seal & new battery. The mode button has the time, stopwatch & the dual time function. The date is the only worry. The year can be adjusted between 70 & 09 but no more. A Y2K fail? This is the one that began my obsession with watches.

SAM_0985.jpg

Del

Great collection Scott! I like your taste :)

greg_r

+1 - great collection. Thanks for sharing!

nunu78

Love the collection specially all the beauties from Graman.

Member X

Don't worry about not being able to set the right year - I think every few years the years start on the same day, so you can still have the correct day of the week for the date, even if the year is wrong :) lol

Mystery Shopper

Update with recent additions.

Patek Aquanaut picked up in PWC auction. It was a bit tricky adjusting the band but the rep spingbars are holding on. I like the feel and look of the watch and think I will get a decent S/S Nautilus with the blue / green dial.

SAM_1062.jpg

MBK 1680 Red Sub from Narikaa. This arrived today and I love it, especially the thick glass (see 2nd pic) . It is my first 'vintage' model sub.

SAM_1116.jpg

SAM_1118.jpg

U-Boat. Picked this up in the PWC auction and it was a bit of a surprise as the winning bid was days out. It is the largest watch I own but I reckon it looks ok. My wife can read this from the other side of the yard.

SAM_1112.jpg

Speaking of the missus, she wanted a dress gold watch on the largish side. She picked this Cartier Bubble from PWC. The pic doesn't show this, but it has striking blue hands.

SAM_1065.jpg

On the wish list now is a SS Nautilus and a vintage PAM. Lucky I have a birthday coming up! To be continued.

pollux1

Very nice collection mate!

Aren

Love the photos Scott...great collection.

Nice to see the missus was included too.

:rofl:

Mystery Shopper

Superocean abyss from WatchInternational has been added to the collection. Goin has also relumed & serviced my Sub C.

SAM_1280.jpg

SAM_1264.jpg

My purchases have slowed down but there are still a couple on the wish list (mainly a vintage PAM, Rolex Pepsi GMT & a Nautilus.)

For those wondering how the watches last and what dramas they bring. The quartz models have never missed a beat and all keep excellent time. The PAMs are hand wound and seem to be more weekenders. The subs are so versatile as are the Breitlings (navitmer has never been worn and my mate has left his Bangkok family behind). I had to stick a bezel back on the Speedmaster moonie, I had my sub C serviced and relumed, crystal replaced on 217 and that is about it.

Currently I wear the subs, DSSD, SOSF & abyss the most.

UmpaHimself

Love the Seamaster. What makes it "Quantum of Solice"?

Krispee

great collection, love the pens...

Kris

Pihlippe

Wow Great collection, nice U-boat me thinks. :)

YoungGPS

Great collection. Fell in love with your Patek Aquanaut.

Mystery Shopper

Thanks guys for your comments, I have not looked at this thread for a while.

@ UmpaHimself- The QOS Seamaster has a hob nail dial (like the hand grip on a gun) and clever etching "Quantum of Solace' on the glass. You can just see it in my pic across the centre,between the 9 and 3. I still like the watch but would replace it with a UPO if I had my time again.

SAM_1392.jpg

@ Philippe- I know you love your U Boats. This is likely to remain my only one!

@ Young GPS- the aquanaut is a cheapie and very 'plastic' but it is still a good looking watch!

alistairw

That's sweet!

YoungGPS

Handsome watch! ^_^

Mystery Shopper

Latest in the collection was a present for MrsM. A 36mm Squale diver 1515-005, 30ATM, with a Mech auto 2824-2 movement. At 36mm it is a great watch for ladies or gents. It will get alot of use over summer here.

SAM_1511.jpg

I still have all the watches in the collection but only regularly wear the subs, 217, 339 & Squale. All still work well and I cant bear to sell any. My only incoming is the RWG watch.