Sign in to follow this  
Kipper

Awesome site here

Kipper

Greetz to all, I am new here & it looks like this forum is the business !

I would appreciate some direction on a top quality ploprof - where to go for delivery to UK & what to look for etc

Sorry if this has all been asked for/covered before :D

Cheers

Kipper

Del

Hello and welcome! :D

You'll want a v2 Plop with Asian clone or Swiss ETA movement. Many of the trusted dealers can supply this like Watch International and ReplicaMake - check out the trusted dealers sections.

I'm sure some others will be along soon to advise where they got their Plop (I don't actually own one).

Enjoy the forum!

powderfreak

Hey, welcome! Enjoy rwg and be ready to spend some money :D

+1 to what Del said. But I would recommend to do a lot of reading before you actually buy your first watch.

watchmen

hi mate and welcome kenny seems to be an expert on ploprof sure he'll have some advice for you. =-)

Luthier

Try Watchinternational (Mary) or Robert (PrestigeWatchCompany). 2 our best dealers.

And welcome to the forum!

digger2

I advice you to think it over. what purpouse are the watch for? if you just want a wproof watch that fools 99,99% of all people mayby you should go for the "1.5" and buy another watch for the rest of the money. Just my 2c

Legger

I bought a v2 from Mary and I cannot fault it. Other dealers here can supply the same watch.

Welcome.

Nisv

Hi Kipper, welcome :lol:

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

ploprof? .....why oh why? :popcorn:

Fiddo

Hello! :)

Welcome!

You shouldn't have any delivery issues in the UK. So, your dealer choices are numerous. Some dealers have already been suggested. I would go with those.

greg_r

Welcome to RWG!

As others have said, you'll want the v2 version with the Asian clone ETA movement - WatchInternational (Mary) is probably your best source for this. MReplica would be the other strong contender.

If you want to save a little dough, there's a version (sometimes called the v1.5) with a 21J movement that's pretty good at around half the price ($148) - very few dealers sell it, however. Trusty Time (you'll find the link on the Trusted Dealer List) is one of the few that carries that version. I'd go for the more expensive one as above, however, if you can - it's worth it.

The PloProf comes on a rubber strap (black or orange generally) - if you want the mesh bracelet, you'll then need to go to www.suppaparts.com and order their shark mesh bracelet for it. It's quite similar to the Omega bracelet and fits the clasp that you'll get with the watch.

sjb

hi from rainy Surrey!

jameo210369

Hi Kipper, welcome to the forum.

I hope you get your Ploprof

Kipper

Thanks guys for all your replies - I knew I had come to the right spot !

mondeov6

Most welcome Kipper!!

steveg1
Welcome to RWG!

As others have said, you'll want the v2 version with the Asian clone ETA movement - WatchInternational (Mary) is probably your best source for this. MReplica would be the other strong contender.

If you want to save a little dough, there's a version (sometimes called the v1.5) with a 21J movement that's pretty good at around half the price ($148) - very few dealers sell it, however. Trusty Time (you'll find the link on the Trusted Dealer List) is one of the few that carries that version. I'd go for the more expensive one as above, however, if you can - it's worth it.

The PloProf comes on a rubber strap (black or orange generally) - if you want the mesh bracelet, you'll then need to go to www.suppaparts.com and order their shark mesh bracelet for it. It's quite similar to the Omega bracelet and fits the clasp that you'll get with the watch.

sorry i am new to this forum but enjoying every bit, just trying to get the lingo what is ploprof and v1,5?

greg_r

This is the so-called v1.5 ploprof (because it's a half-way stage between the original rep and the current v2, but less expensive than either due to the 21j movement).

ploprof-08032011.jpg