flaegz0r

Swap rep 7750 to ETA 7750?

flaegz0r

I have a daytona with a fucked movement and I want to swap it with ETA.

Are the parts interchangeable? (Dial, hands, date etc)

Edited by flaegz0r

cosmic2000

As far as I know they are.
Regards Cosmic2000

SteveA
20 minutes ago, flaegz0r said:

I have a daytona with a fucked movement and I want to swap it with ETA.

Are the parts interchangeable? (Dial, hands, date etc)

Might as well buy a Daytona with better movement/mod as it’s around £300 for an eta 7750 unless you go for a clone £140 ish

Simonix

Also, ETA 7750 has subdials at 6, 9 & 12. 

The rep 7750 movement has modified gears to move them to 3, 6 & 9. Also to move the running seconds. 

• Like 2

Theduke.williams

I seem to recall that early Daytona reps were quite unreliable, because the modifications made to move the sub dials were poorly done.

Later reps have the modifications done better, using jewels on the modified gear trains.

By all accounts the same can be said for AP Roo chronographs.

Could try one of the Trusted Watchsmiths here, see if you can get your Daytona brought back to life, but to be honest, it sounds as if your best course of action would be to junk it, and buy a new one as @SteveA has commented above!

You may be able to get a few bucks for it on this site - modders are always on the lookout for watches to use as spare parts.

Abe Fromen

I had a watchmaker swap a chinese 77XX for an ETA 77XX on my Cousteau chrono diver (I believe Pesman still has it)... IIRC the stats said the subdials and the seconds hand wouldnt swap from rep to gen but my watchmaker made it all work, so the hands all direct swapped. YMMV - there's lots on the web about this kind of swap. You should also look at the cost of a gen 7750 vs getting a better rep. Often the better rep is less money than a gen movement plus labour if you're not doing it yourself. 

And if you are doing it yourself, i hope you can service it too. Finding a watchmaker who is familiar with 7750s and will work on reps is rare. And gen 7750 movement services ain't cheap when the time comes. 

Glaude

@GenTLe Just answered this same question for me in PM

Rx4Time

Buy a new one, either noob or ARF.  not worth throwing money into it.   What you seems to be the older style thick midcase one which uses a modifier plate to move the subdials around and they are pretty unreliable.  if it was a standard A7750 then all is compatible with the ETA except for the chronograph seconds hand, the pinion is slightly wider.   I've done a couple of these swaps.  

• Like 1