saken1971

FNG

saken1971

Hello.  I bought a replica Breitling watch in Iskandariya, Iraq in 2004 and went to sell it on Ebay and guess what? A huge red banner popped up telling me I couldn't. I had no idea that was even a thing.  Lol I started the auction at 1 dollar with no reserve and said in the title it was a knock off.  After hours (really it was like one of the first links that popped up in Duck Duck Go) of researching, it led me here.  Not sure what to do with it.  I don't want to throw it away because it is beautiful (and seemingly well made because it is heavy) but I am not watch guy and will never wear it.  It is crazy to me to think that I paid for something and want to truthfully sell it to someone that would use it...and I can't.   Anyways, hello.

Edit:

I am not finished yet.  It kind of makes me angry that some rich asshole is determining what I can sell and to whom I can sell it.  I could see if I was trying to trick someone into buying something under false pretenses.  You know when I purchased this, I just saw a nice watch and said, "You know TJ, I like that.  I am going to buy it."  I didn't know what model it was until I was trying to list it on Ebay today.  Then when I researched to see how much I should list it for, I thought, I am pretty sure that this isn't a real one of those

Edited by saken1971

als86

:stars: I think I’m missing something here, how about some pictures of said watch purchased in 2004...

saken1971

Lol I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not but if I get banned I will know :D

ZBkpBW.jpg ZBkl5P.jpg ZBkCNS.jpg

Simonix

Welcome to the forum. 

I would suggest that you go and read the new members section. It will let you know loads of helpful info about this hobby, along with the “do’s and don’ts” of the forum, etc. 

all the best. 

tribefan

As much as I enjoy beating up on elite billionaires, it's not some rich assholes at eBay, it's the law. It is a counterfeit good that violates Breitling's trademarks. Regardless of where, when or how you acquired it, it's illegal to sell it. You are also not eligible to sell it here and the mods might nuke this thread as a backdoor sale.

• Like 3

SteveA

Oh my fucking eyes but it’s good for age posts yet

• Like 2

Rx4Time

Look at becoming a supporter and start a proper sale thread.  I lean towards you have an honest question.  Unfortunately selling replica items on ebay is illegal.  

GingerApple

I'll give you £1!!!! To bury that monstrosity back in the desert from whence it came. Absolute horror show.

Well done for the inventive story though and welcome.

• Like 2

saken1971

Lol you guys are a mess.  I honestly had no idea about any of this stuff until today.  I am also not looking to sell it here.  I am just more curious as too how much fake Breitling watches go for.  I absolutely cannot believe whoever said I should bury that beautiful watch. First, it is hurtful and second, your avatar is what should be buried.

fatarms

This new guy and his ugly watch are under my protection now.

Decent Breitling rep is going to cost you $350+

GingerApple
32 minutes ago, saken1971 said:

I absolutely cannot believe whoever said I should bury that beautiful watch. First, it is hurtful and second, your avatar is what should be buried.

:daffy:

How very dare you! My gimp mask, gloves and nut pouch are made out of the softest nubuck leather on the market. Specially hand sewn by my good friend Tango88 with the stitches in all the right places.

• Like 1

saken1971

I dont really care that much about watches but I may hang out here for the giggles. 

• Like 1

GingerApple
2 minutes ago, saken1971 said:

I dont really care that much about watches but I may hang out here for the giggles. 

We can tell that from the picture you posted!

• Like 2

dingle

Welcome to the nuthouse :)

V101
3 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

How very dare you! My gimp mask, gloves and nut pouch are made out of the softest nubuck leather on the market. Specially hand sewn by my good friend Tango88 with the stitches in all the right places.

Be honest. It may be A+++, 1:1, NWIBG (and probably from VSF) but it’s rep nubuck nonetheless...

• Like 1

Oris

Once you've been a genuine member for a while, you can sell your replica watch here. You could also consider becoming a supporter if you wish to list it sooner. 

There's a Member 2 Member sales area here, which will become visible once you've made enough genuine posts. Make sure you read and follow the rules in the new members section, and you'll be okay. 

Edited by Oris

Intresting

You don't care much about watches, but get really cheesed off not being allowed to sell it on a legit site.   :)    Well, here you are. 
Stay if you dare, because chances are you might be infected with the disease of actually liking watches soon.   Beware, it can g
et expensive.  But no better place to learn whats NWBIG and other silly acronyms.

Go read the new members section.  Its a worthwhile exercise.

BadApple
7 hours ago, saken1971 said:

Lol you guys are a mess.  I honestly had no idea about any of this stuff until today.  I am also not looking to sell it here.  I am just more curious as too how much fake Breitling watches go for.  I absolutely cannot believe whoever said I should bury that beautiful watch. First, it is hurtful and second, your avatar is what should be buried.

Welcome - allow me to assist - if you get the $1 reserve for this watch then you have had a major result.

I own 3 top quality Breitling reps - they cost $300 - 400 but they are as close to the original as yours is close to being put into a bin.

Keep watching - keep learning 

ZBuYYc.jpg

Rokerite
8 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

Genuinely crying with laughing at that :rofl:

FudgyDocker

Mate, to put it gently, the watch you have bears no resemblance to any watch ever produced by Breitling.

Therefore it isn't a replica as such (by definition, as replica has to have a comparable original), more a 'fantasy' watch and has a nominal low value to anyone here, except as a basic curio watch. Also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and, as you've found out, a few members here see it as a garish abomination.

However, that said, if you stick around you may actually get interested in replica watches! Welcome, for as long as you choose to stick it out!! 

deju
2 hours ago, BadApple said:

Welcome - allow me to assist - if you get the $1 reserve for this watch then you have had a major result.

I own 3 top quality Breitling reps - they cost $300 - 400 but they are as close to the original as yours is close to being put into a bin.

Keep watching - keep learning 

ZBuYYc.jpg

That’s as shit as OP’s.... I’ll give you £1 

• Like 1

TanGo
9 hours ago, TheGingerFerret said:

My friend, I am very sorry for you, you become the victim of a scammer. You are wearing a pathetic fake. Compare the label on your swim trunks with my brand. It's like Adidas and Abibas. Besides, this cheater is an amateur. Nabuck is too tough for such items, you might get calluses.

I am very sorry for you and propose to make new ones, observing all your parameters and attention to detail from the skin of the rabbit from RWI. 

• Like 3

splke
11 hours ago, saken1971 said:

Lol I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not but if I get banned I will know :D

ZBkpBW.jpg ZBkl5P.jpg ZBkCNS.jpg

Tidy that pal how much would it take to prise it from your remorseful hands 

TanGo
11 hours ago, Rx4Time said:

Unfortunately selling replica items on ebay is illegal.  

You are right, but what is it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-AUDEMARS-PIGUET-ALLIGATOR-LEATHER-WATCH-STRAP-BAND-28-mm-BLACK-28-21-NEW/372474781214?hash=item56b93a1e1e:g:afsAAOSwQctbL1Ur

And all of eBay is full of this garbage

• Like 1

GenTLe
23 hours ago, saken1971 said:

Hello.  I bought a replica Breitling watch in Iskandariya, Iraq in 2004 and went to sell it on Ebay and guess what? A huge red banner popped up telling me I couldn't. I had no idea that was even a thing.  Lol I started the auction at 1 dollar with no reserve and said in the title it was a knock off.  After hours (really it was like one of the first links that popped up in Duck Duck Go) of researching, it led me here.  Not sure what to do with it.  I don't want to throw it away because it is beautiful (and seemingly well made because it is heavy) but I am not watch guy and will never wear it.  It is crazy to me to think that I paid for something and want to truthfully sell it to someone that would use it...and I can't.   Anyways, hello.

Edit:

I am not finished yet.  It kind of makes me angry that some rich asshole is determining what I can sell and to whom I can sell it.  I could see if I was trying to trick someone into buying something under false pretenses.  You know when I purchased this, I just saw a nice watch and said, "You know TJ, I like that.  I am going to buy it."  I didn't know what model it was until I was trying to list it on Ebay today.  Then when I researched to see how much I should list it for, I thought, I am pretty sure that this isn't a real one of those

Well: eBays has rules. And rules reflect the real laws often. Said laws are, for example, that you can't openly sell counterfeit goods as that's in violation of nearly all countries laws.

That said, I'm sorry to tell you that the Breitling shown in those pic is bad. And not just "canal street" bad. That's real junk... Totally fantasy model with bad finishing, crap movement and, overall, terrible.
Good replicas are like these: https://www.intime05.co/breitling/7751-navitimer-1-41mm-ss-kor-1-1-best-edition-ss-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750free-leather-strap.html with real mechanical chronograps, well made cases, copy o real watches, sapphire crystal (often with antireflection treatment) and so on. 

• Like 1