Sign in to follow this  
2point

New guy

2point

New to the forum - great info so far.

Have put an order in with Silix, just waiting for him to come back to me with payment details.

Looking forward to picking up a few reps over the next couple of months.

Cheers

robznet

Hi 2point - welcome to the forum - read a lot and you will learn loads!

Fiddo

Hello! :beer2:

Welcome!

Balad1

Welcome rep Brother.

Confirm the reps you want are available before paying anything to anyone.

Member X

Welcome :)

Another member from the land of kilts! :P You're all taking over! :rolleyes: lol

greg_r

Welcome to RWG! :rolleyes:

Nisv

Hi 2point, welcome :rolleyes:

powderfreak

Hello and welcome, enjoy the best forum you'll find :rolleyes:

Del

Hello and welcome! :thumbsup2:

It's always especially nice to welcome someone else from bonnie Scotland. ;)

Another member from the land of kilts! :D You're all taking over! :) lol

Yes X, it's about time we got a Scottish smiley installed on the board! :rolleyes:scotland-emoticon-flag.gif

2point

I'm actually English, been living up here for 11 years, but I'm sure you won't hold that against me. :)

Just back from lunch, went to Mappin and Webb to try out the fit of the Ocean Planet. Verrrrry nice, the 45mm is too big for my tastes though. I'm not a small bloke, 6' with wrist size of around 10", just looked too big.

jack26300

Welcome!!!!!!!

SB56667
Looking forward to picking up a few reps over the next couple of months.

A few reps? Where's that Greg thread about how he came here looking for a rep of the one and only watch he'd work for 20 years, and the next thing he knew, he had 200 reps and was board admin? :rofl:

Welcome to the crazy house, 2point! Hold on to your wallet! :clap::)

2point

Right, that's a few orders in.

Before I found this place I'd already ordered an Omega 007 SMP with black bezel(J21). After paying and not getting a shipping email I started to dig, didn't like what I found but after a few emails finally got a tracking nr. It's now in the UK, should be here within a day or so. As long as it's not a complete dog I'll be happy. I won't embarras myseld just yet by naming the website, but will do when it turns up.

After finding here and picking up on the huge amount of info here I stuck an order in with Silix for one of his cheap 45mm OP's, another 007 SMP on black(J21) and a V5 OP Swiss ETA, black with orange numbers, black strap with orange stitching.

Just for good measure I've got a 42mm OP on SS, with black rubber too, coming from Robert.

Why 2 007's? tbh I thought the first one was going to be a total scam after my digging, was preparing for a chargeback. One of them will be a gift for my son.

The 45mm cheap, $30!, was too good to miss as I was already ordering. I've tried the gen one on, it looks/feels too big with my work shirt on but will do the job with t-shirt.

So that's

1 007 SMP J21 for son

1 007 SMP J21 for me

1 45mm OP for me

1 42mm OP V5 Swiss ETA for me

1 42mm OP J21 for me

Will post pics when they arrive!

Predictably my next interest is a Speedmaster. I like the look of the Tag Link too.

2point

First rep turned up today, 9 days after ordering (ordered on a Friday so would have been 7 days if it didn't turn up to the sorting office on Sat)

Just to be clear, I have no association with the site quoted, I only found this forum after getting bad vibes about them after some digging.

http://www.replicawatchesuk.uk.net/omega-s...el-p-15345.html

Anyway, turned up, well packed in plenty of bubble wrap in a box. Apprehensive opening it as didn't know if I was going to get a bag of screws.

Very pleased to find inside the wrap the watch I had ordered. It looks identical to the pics on the website, after whipping off the protective plastic on the strap.

Feels quality, bracelet is a little stiff but sure that will ease off with use. Needs adjusting, just waiting for delivery of a cheap toolkit with a bracelet tool.

It's a J21, adjusts nicely, movement when moving wrist is louder than I expected but no worries. As a first purchase I can regard myself as lucky, not scam and got what I wanted at a price I was happy with. Since then obviously I know a lot more thanks to this forum and will only be ordering from recommended dealers in the future.

I've got an identical one of thse coming from Silix so will be interesting to compare them when it turns up. I had my QC pics from Silix today, this watch had a 007 second hand too so Silix is changing that to be the same as this one.

Robert has posted my 2nd 42mm PO too, so another update in a week or so!

Pics? OK

5853866360_07c3f5c484.jpg

5853863484_3629705741.jpg

QC of next 3 from Silix

5854044186_f31fa5e0c3.jpg

QC of the one I'm really looking forward to - V5 42mm PO

5853492247_3fa452c78a.jpg

SeanusMaximus

Nice to see a fellow Omega addict - how much was that v5 42mm may I ask? looks rather nice with the black strap/orange stitch?

2point
Nice to see a fellow Omega addict - how much was that v5 42mm may I ask? looks rather nice with the black strap/orange stitch?

I've wanted a gen Omega for years. I worked in the City in 1999, had the cash and was about to buy a 300 SMP but moved contracts before being out of work for the next 9 months!

Had the cash a few times since but each time found other ways to spend it - holidays mostly.

Will probably go for a Speedmaster next.

It was $250

SeanusMaximus

Ah nice- exactly what I am after, SS with black dial, chrono lemania handwind, Mary from watchinternational can bag you one if you email, its what I am tempted to do.

jameo210369

Hi 2point, welcome to the forum.

Looks like have the bug already.

2point
Hi 2point, welcome to the forum.

Looks like have the bug already.

Helped along in a couple of days with that sweet Ebel I won (thanks again for donating it)

Tempted by that SuperOcean Del has bought. Must resist.