Sign in to follow this  
greg_r

IWC Big Pilot - quickie review

greg_r

Just picked this up used from another member (thanks, Del!).

The watch originally came from Robert and is relatively inexpensive, but is nevertheless very nice quality for a cheapie. The grey dial is absolutely stunning, with a really attractive sheen to it. Quick-set date is via a flush pusher at 8 and the automatic movement features working power reserve. Exactly how much PR I don't know yet as Ive only had the watch a day, but from the relatively small movement of the PR meter overnight, I'd suspect it's going to be around 40 hours.

Downsides? Not much. The lume isn't great and the deployant clasp is rather flimsy. Otherwise it's a great watch for the dough - I have a feeling I'm going to be wearing it quite a bit.

iwcbp-2-150611.JPG

iwcbp-150611.JPG

IWCbp-w.JPG

Mystery Shopper

Mine is similar (no silver border around the date display). The power reserve is not accurate to 7 days. I get about 2 days PR when fully wound. Good enough for me! I took the back off mine the other day- worth a look at the smaller movement in the large case.

Del

:)

I agree about the grey dial - it has a lovely finish to it and really makes this watch look expensive. Plus it goes well with the brown strap.

Enjoy it! :thumbsup2: